PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City-Arrowhead get Superbowl 50??

Ambridge
03-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Did I read the ticker on the bottom of the NFL Channel that Kanasas City and Arrowhead Stadium have been awarded the Superbowl in 2015 which should make it Superbowl L??

Wow!! It's nice to hear the league is considering other options for the city that hosts the Superbowl.
I've never been to Arrowhead Stadium but from what I've heard on the news it's supposedly a Dump. I guess some serious renovations are in order.

83-Steelers-43
03-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Link...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2355537

"If renovations approved"

SteelerDan43
03-06-2006, 02:23 PM
Well they are planning to make that moveable roof still I believe

Steel - X
03-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Not allowed to be cold, that is not football weather. Was at arrowhead awhile ago probably before I could remeber my dad told me I was not allowed to visist that place because it was such a dump.

HburgXL06
03-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Since we on the subject of bad stadiums what does everyone consider the best and worst stadiums in the NFL? If you ask me I hate domes. Just curious about everyone's opinion.

PS: New Orleans don't count, at least post-Katrina superdome don't count.

BuFu

RoethlisBURGHer
03-06-2006, 04:32 PM
Worst=all domed stadiums because football is meant to be played outdoors in the elements,not in a nice climate-controlled environment

SteelerDan43
03-06-2006, 04:32 PM
The new Arizona stadium will be the nicest stadium for the next decade at least, a semi-transparent roof that partialy opens and a moveable field! The field rolls out of the stadium on railroad like tracks to soak up the Arizona sun... That way no concerts and what not will ruin it

3 to be 4
03-06-2006, 05:54 PM
if they can play the WS in NY and Boston in late October, why cant you have a Super Bowl in Pittsburgh, Cleveland,NY,Buffalo or Foxboro in February?

Sharkissle29
03-06-2006, 06:43 PM
The new Arizona stadium will be the nicest stadium for the next decade at least, a semi-transparent roof that partialy opens and a moveable field! The field rolls out of the stadium on railroad like tracks to soak up the Arizona sun... That way no concerts and what not will ruin it
ill be there....2007 steelers vs. cards

(goin to school at ASU, about a 20 min drive)

SteelerDan43
03-06-2006, 07:01 PM
ill be there....2007 steelers vs. cards

(goin to school at ASU, about a 20 min drive)

I watched the extreme engineering show on it on discovery/tlc (cant remember) and as an engineering student myself it was damn impressive. That roof thats made of that canvas like material is cool as hell and it should eliminate the need for a crap load of artifical light. The way they made the outer skin using all those flat panels cut at precise angles to look like a snake was so creative. Should set a new standard for football stadiums and stadiums in general...

Atlanta Dan
03-06-2006, 07:10 PM
I believe the deal is the NFL gives a city a Super Bowl as a reward for helping to pay for a new/refurbished stadium under these conditions: you get a SB for a new stadium without a dome if you are in a city with what passes for warm weather in early February (Florida/Texas/Arizona/California); or you get a SB if you are in a colder climate but the new stadium is domed (Detroit/apparently KC - it can get cold there in February).

That is nice for the city but forcing fans to party down in SB sites like Jacksonville certainly puts business ahead of the fans.

SteelCityMan786
03-06-2006, 07:43 PM
It's gonna end up like New York. NO STADIUM RENOVATIONS! Find a new spot for Super Bowl L

HburgXL06
03-06-2006, 10:13 PM
I didn't know about the new stadium in Arizona. Is it being built right by the old stadium or a whole new place? I think Extreme Engineering is on discovery channel and I have never seen the stadium one so I'll have to watch for it. Peace.

BuFu

SteelerDan43
03-07-2006, 09:59 AM
For some reason its not on the site, but it was the first new one they did I believe, http://www.620ktar.com/index.php?nid=6&sid=152135

HburgXL06
03-07-2006, 10:24 AM
I'll have to look up some pics online or at the discovery channel site. With all the crazy shit that stadium can do I got to see it. Peace.

BuFu

SteelerDan43
03-07-2006, 11:11 AM
http://www.azcardinals.com/stadium/design.php

The Cards site has the pics of the stuff I was talkin about...

HburgXL06
03-07-2006, 12:03 PM
That looks awesome! That stadium is amazing with all of it's features. It's amazing to me though that a city would build a brand new beautiful stadium for a losing team. Last time I could ever remember the cardinals were never good. Do they still have diehard fans? In football it would seem an oxymoron to say "I'm an arizona cardinals fan." I don't know though.

BuFu

SteelerDan43
03-07-2006, 12:16 PM
They may not have a large fan base but forcing them to sit out in the AZ heat in the sun wasnt exactally helping. This new stadium will definatley help that even if it is just people comming out to see the new stadium. Its a step in the right direction, they lead the league in passing so they are comming on, with their cap situation they have the ability to jump to a wild card in the NFC were the middle level teams are so close...

HburgXL06
03-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Yeah me any my roommate were talking about the cardinals and their new stadium as well as the team and he said their team and coaching is getting better and had they not had so many injuries this year they would have done better. We'll see how many fans come out when they start to get better. hopefully they won't be as bad as the bengals fans.

BuFu

Ohio Steeler
03-07-2006, 02:43 PM
ok so the NFL is now looking at going into cold weather parks for the super bowl all I can say is about time.