PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about trading Ben now?

joeyssteelcurtain
09-21-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm was happy to watch the Steelers win the first 2 games of the season but to tell you the truth those games were difficult to watch especially when we had the ball so after watching the game I began to remember the off season and all of those people calling for the Steelers to trad Big Ben and let Dixion play and here we are today. Well one thing I remember is someone saying that we wouldn't see as many sacks with Dixion behind center and that his game would really improve with experience and I'll admit I wasn't expecting a whole lot from him but I didn't think he look this bad and it isn't just the play calling, he doesn't scan the field but instead locks onto the target from the snap of the ball, this is something that is reminicent of the college game and doesn't work in the NFL. I now know what this team looks like without an elite QB and it isn't pretty, infact it is down right horrible, now I know how Jets fans feel. How high do you rate BR now, I can say with all honesty that he is right up there with P. Manning and Brady, and I don't think any of those QBs would look good playing for the Steelers with the way the O-Line performs, look at how the Pats did against the Jets when Brady had to move around in the pocket, it was a disaster. I'm actually glad that BR has had this suspension because it is showing how much this team needs him, it also showed that the team needs to look at getting another back up QB, DD is an athelete, not a QB and the only thing I see for him in the NFL is maybe a third back in a wild cat formation, nothing more. I like DD but let us be real, I know he played against tough Ds but the overload blitz yesterday that got him and forced a fumble was on him, he turned his back to the blind side and locked onto his target never once looking anywhere else, he looks very indecisive when it comes to running the ball and even admittied he wants to be a pocket passer instead of embrassing his gift of quickness and using his talents to move the ball and that is mind set and isn't going to go away. Now we all know the problem with Batch being fragile and Leftwich having that big slow windup so without BR where does that leave this team? I really believe this experience has been a big eye opener for all of us fans as once again we learn the meaning of the old phase,' you don't know what you've got until its gone' !! I hope we all rlize this and are happy once Big Ben comes back to the black and gold!

StainlessStill
09-21-2010, 10:53 AM
How do I feel about Ben? The same way I felt about him when he was drafted with the 11th pick of the 2004 NFL Draft, and the same way I felt about him when he hoisted 2 Super Bowl trophies over his head.

As a fans perspective, I'm honored we found our man to play franchise QB for us for many years to come and even though people make mistakes behind the scenes and off the field, his on-field performance and what he means to our team can NOT be overlooked when it comes to being fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I'll continue to buy his merchandise and go to war with him with the haters all round. The dude deserves to make it right and be given a chance to start his life over from a personal perspective.

As far as missing him NOW, boy is it bad. When he started this pre-season and see how sharp and fit he looked, I knew it was going to be a rough one without him. He's been out of the public eye for some time now and we still have 3 solid weeks to survive without him and we've struggled mightily as an offense without him. Big Ben is missed by 100% of the Steelers Nation right now, regardless of how some might feel about his behavior, which should be put behind us.

Seeing him run through the tunnels of Heinz Field on October 17th will be one big sigh of relief in the midst of the Terrible Towel faithful. No doubt he'll get a warm welcome home, all the way to Superbowl 45!

joeyssteelcurtain
09-21-2010, 11:02 AM
How do I feel about Ben? The same way I felt about him when he was drafted with the 11th pick of the 2004 NFL Draft, and the same way I felt about him when he hoisted 2 Super Bowl trophies over his head.

As a fans perspective, I'm honored we found our man to play franchise QB for us for many years to come and even though people make mistakes behind the scenes and off the field, his on-field performance and what he means to our team can NOT be overlooked when it comes to being fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I'll continue to buy his merchandise and go to war with him with the haters all round. The dude deserves to make it right and be given a chance to start his life over from a personal perspective.

As far as missing him NOW, boy is it bad. When he started this pre-season and see how sharp and fit he looked, I knew it was going to be a rough one without him. He's been out of the public eye for some time now and we still have 3 solid weeks to survive without him and we've struggled mightily as an offense without him. Big Ben is missed by 100% of the Steelers Nation right now, regardless of how some might feel about his behavior, which should be put behind us.

Seeing him run through the tunnels of Heinz Field on October 17th will be one big sigh of relief in the midst of the Terrible Towel faithful. No doubt he'll get a warm welcome home, all the way to Superbowl 45!

Yea same here i have always been a Ben fan i love how he plays the game And boy o boy do we need him

steeltheone
09-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Love BR7....But one more blowup, he is as good as gone!

ZoneBlitzer
09-21-2010, 11:25 AM
I've been a Ben supporter since day 1.

But now, for me, there are two Bens. There's Ben the football player and Ben the person.

Ben the person has let me down tremendously. He will have to win me back I'm afraid. That's just the way it is.

From Ben the football player, I know what he is capable of but I still think he can get better as well.

From the two of them I would like to see a more professional and dedicated approach to excellence.

I don't expect Ben to be lights out when he comes back either. He will have had a long lay off and I expect to see a considerable amount of rust. I think he will struggle some for that and also for the absence of Holmes. There have been a lot of outside detractors of Ben over the years. But one thing they fail to mention is that he has had to consistently cope with a revolving carousel of wide receivers. Ben's been great at adapting so hopefully he can adjust to this currently depleted corp.

pancake
09-21-2010, 02:16 PM
I have always backed Ben. He has made some bad choices, but I hope he has truely changed. On the field he is elite.

scsteeler
09-21-2010, 02:19 PM
I Hope Ben retires as a Steeler but I think most like myself was looking to the future and saying what would we do if Ben was not able to be here. Thank God the Raiders did not want to pay the bill to get him in the off season.

As far as Dixon I think he has missed his shot to show that he can be the Steelers NFL QB but you never know. I think he will be here next year but we do need to draft a young QB in the upcoming draft and HELL NO WE SHOULD NOT LOOK TO LIENART if he becomes available. He is no better that Dixon.

Steelerfreak58
09-21-2010, 02:25 PM
He has helped win 2 Super Bowls for the team. His personal choices may or may not have been the best but he has not been charged with anything in a court of law. There is not criminal investigation going on and zero charges have been filed.

He may make poor choices in women outside of the locker room and field but they hired him for his game playing ability.

Until he gets charged with something in a court of law its all hearsay. We live in America and that means INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

I will take number 7 any day of the week over the majority of QBs in this league. Its business folks. Athletes should not be a role model for your children, good teachers, coaches, and YOU should be.

smokeykurt
09-21-2010, 02:30 PM
I've been a Ben supporter since day 1.

Ben the person has let me down tremendously. He will have to win me back I'm afraid. That's just the way it is.

Ok, get off your high horse, He's a person just like you and me, people are flawed, and aside from the media bloating a big nothing into something, he hasn't done anything incredibly terrible or unforgivable.

He doesn't have to win you back. A huge huge huge chunk of Pittsburgh loves him, even now, and that's more than he'll ever need in terms of fan support.

In terms of how i feel about trading Ben? Franchise suicide in terms of good offensive gameplay for at least 3-5 years..nuff said. Trading him would be even dumber than when we traded Holmes. Screw the Steelers management taking morality into their own hands, lets get back to the game and play some friggin football in my opinion lol.

steeltheone
09-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Ok, get off your high horse, He's a person just like you and me, people are flawed, and aside from the media bloating a big nothing into something, he hasn't done anything incredibly terrible or unforgivable.

He doesn't have to win you back. A huge huge huge chunk of Pittsburgh loves him, even now, and that's more than he'll ever need in terms of fan support.

In terms of how i feel about trading Ben? Franchise suicide in terms of good offensive gameplay for at least 3-5 years..nuff said. Trading him would be even dumber than when we traded Holmes. Screw the Steelers management taking morality into their own hands, lets get back to the game and play some friggin football in my opinion lol.

You must be young....The thing that seperates the Steelers from the rest, is a team run by a family with family type values. Not perfect, but closer than most!

ricksteelers55
09-21-2010, 03:14 PM
It has nothing to do with on field performances.I love the player just dont like his off the field decisions.The good news is he's still young and hopefully have learn something over the last couple of months and will start to behave like a real class act and then be remembered as the guy who brought back the lombardi to pittsburgh and not for his off the field actions.

By the way Roethlisberger couldnt ask for a better scenario for his return we won at least half of the games but we badly need him in offense....

LVSteelersfan
09-21-2010, 06:12 PM
I have been saying all along that Dixon is just another Kordell, Lefty can't get away from his own shadow and Batch is way past his prime. I never lost faith in Ben because there has been no proof of any of the allegations against him. He is working out hard with the QB coach he works with in the offseason and supposedly some WRs that didn't quite make the NFL but were still pretty good. He may be a little rusty but I think he will come back in the best shape of his life, a great mindset and kick some Clowns butt.

Fire Arians
09-21-2010, 06:49 PM
i never was against ben because all along i thought the charges were bullshit, just like the mcnulty case

MasterOfPuppets
09-21-2010, 06:52 PM
You must be young....The thing that seperates the Steelers from the rest, is a team run by a family with family type values. Not perfect, but closer than most!
i guess one of those values is to not condemn a person based on accusations alone ... to bad some fans are lacking in that area....:popcorn:

stb_steeler
09-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Who said anything about trading BEN???????????? :wantsome:

smokeykurt
09-21-2010, 08:27 PM

Well..is 26 young? It's not like we're playin felons on the team lol, or hard ruthless criminals. With fame (and ben has it at this point) comes rats out of the wood work to defame and to try to leech money off of someone doing considerably better than they are with life...i think thats pretty much what happened to Ben (i know its an over simplification, but whatever)

He was never even convicted of a crime..i could understand a fine, possibly apology etc etc, but i think alot of people are overreacting to what happened.

This is football, leave the drama at home and play the game. If ya wanna defend some family values start with the NBA lol

joeyssteelcurtain
09-21-2010, 08:41 PM

A lot of people

JEFF4i
09-21-2010, 08:58 PM
The charges were bs, the suspension was bs, but damn if Ben isn't appreciated anymore.

rich4eagle
09-21-2010, 11:38 PM
Offense wins Championships and Franchise QB's are the key to Offense............and Ben is a franchise QB maybe the best clutch QB in the NFL..............

nuff said..without him the Steelers would be still stuck on four

huntingteacher
09-22-2010, 06:02 AM
Trade him!!! We could get a decent qb and a #1 or 2 pick. We just won two games without a qb.

MasterOfPuppets
09-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Trade him!!! We could get a decent qb and a #1 or 2 pick. We just won two games without a qb.
:smack:

stb_steeler
09-22-2010, 04:43 PM

Who do you consider decent?....Yeah we won 2 games with out a decent QB but that wont last long. :doh:

SteelCityMom
09-22-2010, 06:04 PM

Worst. Post. Ever.

steelerchad
09-22-2010, 06:12 PM

I would say most on the board never wanted him traded. probably less than 5%. If you're on here posting, you're probably a die hard fan and more likely to know a little more about football than your average fan. Like that franchise QB's don't grow on trees.

I think the ones who wanted him gone are more likely to be like my 89 year old grandma who loves the Steelers and watches them on TV each week, but doesn't know a lot about football in general and might be more inclined to believe a newspaper or TV report word for word.

stb_steeler
09-22-2010, 06:44 PM
I would say most on the board never wanted him traded. probably less than 5%. If you're on here posting, you're probably a die hard fan and more likely to know a little more about football than your average fan. Like that franchise QB's don't grow on trees.

I think the ones who wanted him gone are more likely to be like my 89 year old grandma who loves the Steelers and watches them on TV each week, but doesn't know a lot about football in general and might be more inclined to believe a newspaper or TV report word for word.

Gotta love granny! :hug:

BengalDestroyer
09-22-2010, 07:30 PM
I feel the same about Ben as I always have. I also believe he should have never been suspended based on an accusation. I can not wait for his return, we're the best team in the league right now (with our fourth string QB starting against Tampa) teams are going to be in huge trouble once Ben's back.

Riddle_Of_Steel
09-22-2010, 08:25 PM
I would say most on the board never wanted him traded. probably less than 5%.

Well, to be fair, according to the Post-Gazette polls, 71% of Steeler nation wanted the Steelers to trade Ben after this second "accusation", not 5%.....

Or those who don't like the idea or possibility of cheering on a sexual predator....no matter how good he can throw a football.

MikeHaullace
09-22-2010, 11:35 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1Nvc4.jpg

CaliStillersFan
09-23-2010, 09:38 AM
I can't wait for him to get back. Thank god the defense has been so entertaining to watch. Anyone that thought Ben should be traded is a fool and should be forced to watch Cleveland play. Morality isn't high on my list of expectations for professional athletes these days.

Vick is being embraced and he was running an illegal interstate gambling ring, racketeering and money laundering operation not to mention tortured a bunch of dogs ino the worst of his crimes. Donte Stallworth killed a man driving drunk. Ray Lewis was involved in a murder. Ben screwed a drunk college co-ed in a bathroom and got suspended 4 games go figure.

plenewken
09-23-2010, 11:29 AM
The last 2 games and the performances of Dixon & Batch haven't changed my opinion on Ben. He's still our franchise QB and our best shot at a 7th SB. This being said, until he proves me wrong , he's still the same guy who screwed up big time in NV and GA with extremely poor decisions and unacceptable behavior.

caplovestroyp43
09-23-2010, 10:24 PM
I never wanted Ben traded. I had mixed emotions at first but I *am* a member of the Steeler Nation and I *have* to believe in my boys. That said, it would be suicide if they got rid of him.

I cannot WAIT until the Clowns game. It sounds like he's gone above and beyond to fix his bad behavior and that is a good sign.

Here's to the electrofying, high flying, Ben. Can't WAIT until you hit the field again! It's going to be fantastic!!

:tt02::drink::thumbsup::applaudit:

fast988
09-23-2010, 10:31 PM
I don't think any team that is more suitable for him. I like the Steelers Ben, not the other.

Riddle_Of_Steel
09-23-2010, 10:34 PM
Ben screwed a drunk college co-ed in a bathroom and got suspended 4 games go figure.
Hehe-- I don't think it was even that bad. Keep in mind, they swabbed the insides of her cheeks and her tongue for Big Ben DNA.....

I am sure he a gun to her head to make her to give him head.....yeah, right. The part about her and her sorority sister friends pinching his arm all night to get his attention when he was trying to ignore them tells me a lot. The part where they invited him back to the sorority house for a private party earlier in the evening was pretty telltale too.

And out of that, suddenly, he forced himself on this girl? Something smelled fishy in Chinatown right from the beginning....

Shea
09-23-2010, 10:42 PM
God I can't wait until Ben gets back and is on the field.

Hopefully that will be the beginning of the end of having to talk and hear about all this crap again.

I'm so sick of all things Ben.