PDA

View Full Version : Posturing

SteelKnight
09-21-2010, 08:24 PM
As a big Steelers fan I have to ask "What's up with all this posturing?"

Why act as if the whole country was crazy to be concerned about the Steelers without Ben? I think what people were predicting was the 31st ranked offense that we have.

Just because they didn't predict the defense, which they thought would be good, to be THIS amazing doesn't mean their concerns were unfounded. We won 2 nail-biters and now we are getting ****y? If Clark didn't come back to help BMac on that play, it was going to be a TD with a potential tie coming up.

We haven't scored a single TD in regulation yet...never mind Red Zone TDs.

On a positive note, the defense is 2 for 2 in coming through at clutch times...even though these were not leads like the 5 they blew in the 4th quarter last year without Troy, they were still opportunities to step up or choke.

1. Overtime -Atlanta gets the ball first and they are stopped.
2. Tenn driving with a chance to tie with a TD and a 2 point conversion and they are stopped.

That's what we would like to see...Timely Excellence. Last year, without Troy, they would have botched those 2.

Let's Do this. Put up 3 offensive TDs against TB then let's talk smack and posture.

SteelKnight
09-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Tomlin cheered me up about the offense by reminding me about 3 potential touchdowns

1. Wallace dropped. It was a tough catch though. If he did come through, he probably would have scored.
2. Hines fade route. Tomlin says Hines has to make that catch.
3. Holding call. It was a decent thing to do because batch would have been sacked otherwise with possibly injury, sack/fumble plus loss of down in addition to the sack yards. But had we had Starks, maybe that would not be the case.

Still I'll get confident when I see a real TD in Tampa.

stb_steeler
09-21-2010, 10:11 PM
yeah we need to improve on the redzone stuff....week after week coming up with field goals only.......

MasterOfPuppets
09-22-2010, 12:54 AM
arians sucks

Fire Arians
09-22-2010, 01:09 AM
Tomlin cheered me up about the offense by reminding me about 3 potential touchdowns

1. Wallace dropped. It was a tough catch though. If he did come through, he probably would have scored.
2. Hines fade route. Tomlin says Hines has to make that catch.
3. Holding call. It was a decent thing to do because batch would have been sacked otherwise with possibly injury, sack/fumble plus loss of down in addition to the sack yards. But had we had Starks, maybe that would not be the case.

Still I'll get confident when I see a real TD in Tampa.

#2 shoulda happened. I don't see hines dropping many of those, it does happen to the best sometimes though

SteelKnight
09-22-2010, 01:14 AM
yeah we need to improve on the redzone stuff....week after week coming up with field goals only.......

Glad I added Jeff Reed to my fantasy team. He went undrafted and after I saw our week one performance, I knew what the deal was.

I wonder if the 21 yards passing is a record in a win.

Our Red Zone second down calls suck. It's always a bad call that forces an all or none 3rd down which we inevitably lose. They should try to get the first down or TD on second down then if they fail, they have another try.

We could easily have been 0-2. I'm happy we won but the defense will mess up eventually. The offense needs to score.

SteelKnight
09-22-2010, 01:18 AM
#2 shoulda happened. I don't see hines dropping many of those, it does happen to the best sometimes though

The Steelers have too many 3rd downs on drives. Not all teams are like that. Some other teams get some first downs on first or second. If you require a 3rd down all the time...especially in the Red Zone, you will lose many and have your drives cut short. Don't even let it get to 3rd down...unless it is 3rd and 1 or something.

Be more creative on second down. Have the players run BEYOND the sticks.

Screens are awesome. Let's see some more. That will slow the blitz.

ricardisimo
09-22-2010, 04:45 AM
I wonder if the 21 yards passing is a record in a win.

No, but ironically enough, we were also involved in the record-setting game... on the wrong end of it. I don't think I will ever forget that one (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2002120808/2002/REG14/texans@steelers#tab:analyze/analyze-channels:cat-post-boxscore). Ten net yards passing. Ouch.

MasterOfPuppets
09-22-2010, 05:01 AM
No, but ironically enough, we were also involved in the record-setting game... on the wrong end of it. I don't think I will ever forget that one (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2002120808/2002/REG14/texans@steelers#tab:analyze/analyze-channels:cat-post-boxscore). Ten net yards passing. Ouch.
then there was this one...17 net yards passing...the real shit kicker was i was watching it with a raider fan , spotted him 8 points for $20 .....:banging:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2006102911/2006/REG8/steelers@raiders/analyze/box-score

SteelKnight
09-22-2010, 05:09 AM
I don't get what you guys are saying. The links you have both provided have net passing yards of more than you are suggesting.

On a side note, I've discovered the Bucs secret weapon for the game.
http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/bin/70.$plit/C_27_photogallery_2925_GroupPhotogallery_listphoto _itemPhoto_10_immagine.jpg

Hopefully the players can avoid looking towards the sideline.

Chis Berman has nicknamed her. Her name is Marlana "The homewrecker" Aref.
:sofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
09-22-2010, 05:15 AM
Net Yards Passing 10
Times Sacked (Number-Yards) 4 - 23
Gross Yards Passing 33

Net Yards Passing 17
Times Sacked (Number-Yards) 6 - 34
Gross Yards Passing 51

scroll down ...

SteelKnight
09-22-2010, 05:20 AM
Speaking of offense...Randel El is 20/25 passing in his career with 4 TD and no interceptions. I think they are foolish to not try a trick play. At least he has the wisdom to get rid of it rather than force it.

Let's do that Superbowl play to Hines...but do it to Wallace.

TB has been game planning for boring runs. Do 3 trickplays and scare the hell out of them. I wonder if that's what they were going to try in the first game when they game ARE an end around.

SteelKnight
09-22-2010, 05:27 AM
scroll down ...

Oh...I got so paranoid about our offense that I was looking at our stats...now I see when he said we were on the wrong side, he meant loss...not low yards.

How can they net 47 yards and win 24-6?...lol I guess there were return TDs and pick 6s. lol