PDA

View Full Version : steelers top statistical leaders thru week 2

tony hipchest
09-21-2010, 11:22 PM
"stats schmatts", fantasy football, "doesnt mean nothing...." :blah:

its a fun exersize and serves as a measuring stick.

despite our offense supposedly sucking, rashard mendenhall is 4th in the league in rushing.

adrian peterson is 3rd. the great chris johnson is in 5th. no excuses or ifs, ands, or buts.... no matter how you slice it, he is keeping pretty good company through 2 games (worthy to note the steelers led the preseason in rushing).

l. timmons is 2nd in the league in tackles. we usually see patric willis holding the #1 spot, but so far it is laron landry.

james harrison is 4th in sacks (with 3). clay mathews is #1 with an inhuman 6. thank his prime gene pool, but also give credit to great coaching from dom capers and kevin greene.

polamalu is tied for the league lead with 2 interceptions. i said last year he was going to lead the league in interceptions and win his 1st defensive mvp award. injuries derailed that. i say the same this year.

now for the bad news... when ben comes back he will still average about 3 sacks per game. steelers blow chunks with 7 sacks vs about 34 passing attempts. 1 sack per every 5 attempts is absolutely horrible. definitely worst in the league.

zulater
09-22-2010, 05:17 AM
"stats schmatts", fantasy football, "doesnt mean nothing...." :blah:

its a fun exersize and serves as a measuring stick.

despite our offense supposedly sucking, rashard mendenhall is 4th in the league in rushing.

adrian peterson is 3rd. the great chris johnson is in 5th. no excuses or ifs, ands, or buts.... no matter how you slice it, he is keeping pretty good company through 2 games (worthy to note the steelers led the preseason in rushing).

l. timmons is 2nd in the league in tackles. we usually see patric willis holding the #1 spot, but so far it is laron landry.

james harrison is 4th in sacks (with 3). clay mathews is #1 with an inhuman 6. thank his prime gene pool, but also give credit to great coaching from dom capers and kevin greene.

polamalu is tied for the league lead with 2 interceptions. i said last year he was going to lead the league in interceptions and win his 1st defensive mvp award. injuries derailed that. i say the same this year.

now for the bad news... when ben comes back he will still average about 3 sacks per game. steelers blow chunks with 7 sacks vs about 34 passing attempts. 1 sack per every 5 attempts is absolutely horrible. definitely worst in the league.

But that just can't be, clownbylaw assured us that the sacks were all Ben's fault! :noidea:

:chuckle: