PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 2-0. Not all 2-0's created equal.

steelerchad
09-22-2010, 12:17 PM
When you look at the 2 Steelers wins, both had very little offense with dominating defense. The defense was so dominating the only TD scored upon it came with :58 seconds left in the Titans game against a prevent defense.

What's even more impressive is the fact that these 2 games were against playoff contenders with high powered offenses, Atlanta through the air and the Titans on the ground.

Atlanta beat Arizona in a 41-7 route and the Titans beat Oakland in a 38-13 drubbing in those 2 teams other games. Both stand at 1-1 now and neither could mount much offense at all against the Steelers D.

When you look at Tampa's 2-0 start and dig in, it's not quite as impressive. 2 wins against bad teams with anemic offenses. Cleveland and the Panthers are going nowhere this year and both were able to score TD's against a decent, but not dominant Bucs defense. Both of the Bucs opponents stand at 0-2 now and should be in the cellar of their respective divisions.

This should be a close low scoring game at home, but I can't see the Bucs scoring much at all on our D. Mistakes and TO's are the only way I can see them winning this game.

lionslicer
09-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Bucs have great coaches. Even though they seemed to have falled apart, during half time they made adjustments and dominated the 2nd half. They have not allowed any scoring in the 2nd half of games, not even a field goal.

Steel_Bus_24
09-22-2010, 12:53 PM
It doesn't really matter

Much too our dismay, the Steelers have proven time and time again that they will play down to the level of competition

In no way am I going to go around pounding my chest taking this game for an easy win

Especially with our O playing as terrible as it is with our backups at the helm....

joeyssteelcurtain
09-22-2010, 01:18 PM
I think its going to be a good game but i think we will win

steelerchad
09-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Bucs have great coaches. Even though they seemed to have falled apart, during half time they made adjustments and dominated the 2nd half. They have not allowed any scoring in the 2nd half of games, not even a field goal.

Oh, I have no doubt that our offense will have a very difficult time scoring on their defense. But I just wanted to point out that our defense has done a much better job against much better competition.

With them being at Tampa and our QB situation, this game is a toss up in my mind. I'll be nervous as always before this one. I actually think it may be a good thing for us that they are 2-0 as like the above poster said, I've seen them play down to competition too many times.

kiuaswarrior
09-22-2010, 01:58 PM
OP makes some valid points... I just can't see the Steelers losing this game.

Unfortunately it'll only just make it that much harder to take if they do.

Spinlcrack
09-22-2010, 02:04 PM
As they say " any given week", but I think Tomlin has had this game circled on his calendar for some time now. He is still tight with Coach Morris and will want to show him first hand all about Steelers football.
I think we will be very prepared.

Remember the last time we played IN Tampa?

ricardisimo
09-22-2010, 02:07 PM
It doesn't really matter

Much too our dismay, the Steelers have proven time and time again that they will play down to the level of competition

In no way am I going to go around pounding my chest taking this game for an easy win

Especially with our O playing as terrible as it is with our backups at the helm....
Sadly this is true.

SteelCityKing
09-22-2010, 04:13 PM
i never really underestimate ANY team after our turn out last season. so, the Bucs could have a chance, but Freeman better have his back up ready to go at the drop of a dime (or QB)! haha!

the Steelers tend to play complacent against teams they don't think they have to try against. we tend to play down to the level of lower ranked teams.

yeah, the Bucs are 2-0...versus the Browns and the Panthers. that's not saying much.

either way, it'll be a fun game and i can't wait to see the defense smash the Buc outta those guys....! haha! lame joke, i know. shut up. ha!

CaliStillersFan
09-23-2010, 10:09 AM
I agree we should roll the Bucs, but after last season I'm not too optimistic. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost this week and then upset Baltimore going 3-1 without Ben.