09-22-2010, 01:35 PM
http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports-town/steelers/105170

Mods, feel free to move.

joeyssteelcurtain
09-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Yea espn just said it was batch

kiuaswarrior
09-22-2010, 02:00 PM
This is good news... I wonder who the #2 QB will be. :)

LukesDad88
09-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Uhmm, Leftwich? Maybe you heard of the guy?

steelerchad
09-22-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm actually disappointed with this. I thought Lefty looked good this preseason and would like a shot at taking down his old team. I didn't think Batch looked good at all. Very shaky back there. I kept feeling like something bad was going to happen all afternoon against the Titans.

SteelCityMom
09-22-2010, 03:29 PM
Batch looked fine against the Titans. He would have had a better game had the WR's not dropped some very catchable passes and the TD by Wallace not been called back on holding.

Both Lefty and Batch are smart veterans. They know how to take care of the football. I attribute Batch starting to the fact that he is the most healthy QB we have right now (surprising I know). Should something happen, Lefty will be ready to go, but the coaches are trying minimize risk right now, not maximize it.

Fire Arians
09-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Batch looked fine against the Titans. He would have had a better game had the WR's not dropped some very catchable passes and the TD by Wallace not been called back on holding.

Yep that's what I've been saying, Batch actually played a good game, much better than what the stats told. He showed poise in the face of the rush and delivered his throws on target. WR's need to catch those. Our offense will be fine next week.

I wouldn't count on hines and heath having passes clang off their hands all season :)

LukesDad88
09-22-2010, 04:35 PM
I believe it has less to do with theTampa game this week, and more to do with Baltimore two weeks from now.