PDA

View Full Version : Bucs safety Tanard Jackson

Pittsburgh43
09-22-2010, 06:19 PM
I'm not sure how good this guy is or anything but...

TAMPA, Fla.-- Tampa Bay Buccaneers safety Tanard Jackson has been suspended indefinitely for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, the team announced Thursday afternoon.

Jackson is suspended for the rest of the year and is not eligible for possible reinstatement until Sept. 22, 2011. He will not be paid while he is suspended.

"Tanard is a talented young man whom we hope is able to use this year to put his troubles behind him and ultimately return a stronger man and player," general manager Mark Dominik said. "It's up to Tanard whether the teams and our fans eventually realize his considerable promise."

Jackson was supended the first four game of the 2009 season for violating the substance abuse policy. Despite the four-game ban last season, Jackson finished with five interceptions in 12 starts. He had 13 tackles in two games this seasons, helping Tampa Bay to its first 2-0 start in five years.

Rookie Cody Grimm, a seventh-round pick, is listed as the backup on Tampa Bay's depth chart. Corey Lynch, a third-year player, is listed as the third team free safety.

Jackson, 25, was a fourth-round pick by Tampa Bay in 2007.

SteelCityMom
09-22-2010, 06:56 PM
It's got to be hurting their defense just a little bit to have him out. 13 tackles in two games means he must be having a positive impact on the team. I haven't watched any full games of theirs though, so I can't say if he's one of their best defensive guys or not.

Any team will suffer somewhat defensively though when they have to replace a veteran SS for a rookie one.

Fire Haley
09-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Weed?
http://hdiddydollar.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/purple.jpg

joeyssteelcurtain
09-22-2010, 07:17 PM
I live in tampa and he is there best safety bye far

SoCalFan
09-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Our passing game needs all the help it can get!

LayOffTheDopeTanard
09-22-2010, 08:03 PM
This is going to be a huge loss for us.

Tanard is arguebly our best defensive player and is a ballhawk at safety. Surprised you guys don't know who he is. Just shows how under the radar he is. One of the best young safeties in the NFL.

We will most likely be replacing him with Corey Lynch or rookie Cody Grimm. Either way, I am not feeling too confident about it. Jackson is a huge part to our defense and losing him is HUGE.

LVSteelersfan
09-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Cool. Maybe we can get more than 22 passing yards net this week. That was pathetic. I am just stoked that we made it through two games undefeated while Ben is out. He will be back in 4 weeks ready to rock and roll. When that happens I hope we still have some Olinemen left. They are going down like flies.

A Mans Part
09-22-2010, 08:16 PM
It's got to be hurting their defense just a little bit to have him out. 13 tackles in two games means he must be having a positive impact on the team. I haven't watched any full games of theirs though, so I can't say if he's one of their best defensive guys or not.

Any team will suffer somewhat defensively though when they have to replace a veteran SS for a rookie one.

He's a free safety and by far our best. I'd say he's right behind Talib so far..

We're paper thin at safety.. So now you guys will win by at least 2 TDs.

SteelCityMom
09-22-2010, 08:24 PM
He's a free safety and by far our best. I'd say he's right behind Talib so far..

We're paper thin at safety.. So now you guys will win by at least 2 TDs.

Ahh ok. Like I said before, I rarely get to watch TB games, so I'm not too familiar with a lot of their players.

That's a funny joke that we'll win by 2 TDs though. :chuckle: I know, even with this, that they'll be lucky to get one. Certainly keeping my fingers crossed though.

finesward
09-22-2010, 09:26 PM
Highly doubt batch will be throwing the long ball this sunday even with him out. I'm sure it will hurt, but honestly this game will be won in the trenches

Fire Arians
09-22-2010, 10:51 PM
damn son why you gotta cheat for?

BFT
09-22-2010, 11:01 PM
I agree about the trenches, but I also see you guys taking a couple long balls just to see what happens. Especially if you're controlling the LOS.

Fire Haley
09-22-2010, 11:47 PM
I'd come out on the 1st play of the 1st offensive series and throw the bomb to Wallace.

Play action, fake, throw it up deep

80yd TD or scare the shit out of them

I demand entertainment

Shea
09-23-2010, 12:19 AM
Is Kellen Winslow still with the Bucs?

I always was annoyed with that douche when he was with the Browns.

Pittsburgh43
09-23-2010, 02:13 AM

Yes he is. Can't stand him either.

A Mans Part
09-23-2010, 02:29 AM
Ahh ok. Like I said before, I rarely get to watch TB games, so I'm not too familiar with a lot of their players.

Beauty of playing in TB is with the low media coverage it allows us to resign players on the cheap(provided they don't **** their bong).

joeyssteelcurtain
09-23-2010, 08:04 AM

yes

acaton
09-23-2010, 10:11 AM
Jackson would have been a pro-bowl player last year if the Bucs were winning games but we are a basement team right now so he didn’t get noticed…too bad for him. I don’t see him playing for the Bucs any longer as in he has played his last game here.

This will weaken the defense a bit but not as much as you might think, we picked up a guy named Corey Lynch in the draft that IMO has more upside than Jackson, but alas he is a rookie.

I think we have a shot IF Olson (OC) and Freeman can stay patient and play the field position game successfully. You defense is too solid for this upstart offence to take large chunks of real estate quickly. Our D must win the turnover game and our O must not gamble with the ball.

I see a tight hard-hitting game early on but then as the game wears on your team will begin to take charge wining a close scoring game.

Lets keep the injuries to zero and good luck gentlemen and ladies of course.

kiuaswarrior
09-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Bummer about their safety... but good news regarding this week's game.

paperchamps
09-24-2010, 12:20 AM

THE SOULJA!!!!!!!!