PDA

View Full Version : Taking my father to a game and need help picking seats

sonofasteelerfan
09-22-2010, 08:08 PM
My father has been a Steelers fan his whole life. I recently moved close enough to drive him to see them play at Heinz Field for the first time. Before I go throwing hundreds of dollars at scalpers I would like some help. Would it be better to be seated in row R of the lower level or the first rows of the upper deck?

I need some clarification on where some seats are located. Here's a link to show you what I mean. http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/7286/steelers.jpg

stb_steeler
09-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Ahh good ole nose bleed section....lol

CaliStillersFan
09-23-2010, 09:51 AM
I like being on the other side of the field on the closed end of the stadium. You get a great view of the video board and the city and it's not as windy. If you're going to spend hundreds you shouldn't have to sit up that high. If neither of you have been to a game before, splurge and get the opposite side of the field in the 200 club level between the 20's - best seats in the house.

kiuaswarrior
09-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Whatever you do, prepare to have beer spilled all over you.

mikegrimey
09-23-2010, 02:29 PM
Me and my fiance got seats for the season operner in section 134. Shite was the bomb, right on the 50 yard line, it was my first time at Heinz Field but the seats seemed to be among the best in the house.

StainlessStill
09-23-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm all about being in the right atmosphere when going to games. I get a rad bit crazy and would like the same kind of my people around me. Recently, I had some tickets down in the 100 sections. The seats were absolutley beautiful and the scenery is second to none (you can't beat ANY seat in Heinz and there's no such thing as nosebleeds, even the top is close to the field) but if were up to me judging by experience, the 500 sections are HANDS DOWN the best seats in the house although some of the lower section seats, when we're on the opposite end of the field, it's hard to see and you gotta look up at the big screen.

Not only do you see the entire field and development up top, but the fans up there are phenomenal and are pretty wild. The fans down below seem more mellow and have sticks up their ass when you stand up after a play. In the higher sections, the seats go more of an upward stack, while down below it's level, so being up top you could stand without being in some cranky old man's face. Screw that. Go up top and have a helluva time! Plus, you'd pay more for the lower sections, maybe in the upper $100's-$200's while up top could be cheaper seats.