PDA

View Full Version : John Harbaugh Fined

SteelCityMom
09-23-2010, 12:09 AM
NFL fines Ravens coach John Harbaugh $15,000 for contact with official

The NFL has fined Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh $15,000 for making improper contact with an official during Sunday's loss to the Cincinnati Bengals.

Harbaugh admitted Monday that he crossed a line when he demonstrated his displeasure about a roughing-the-passer flag thrown on Ravens LB Terrell Suggs to line judge Ron Marinucci. The NFL reinforced that violation with the fine on Tuesday.

"I was a little animated in describing the strike zone, and I think he understood the emotions of it," Harbaugh said, via the Baltimore Sun, about his insistence that Suggs had made a legal hit on Bengals QB Carson Palmer.

"I'll make sure that I let him know that I think I was over the line in my animation without question, and that's never something you want to do. And the point is we had great conversations with those guys throughout the game. We respected we disagreed and it was animated but it was respectful throughout. And I know Ron understood that it was respectful, so it should be OK."

Ravens LB Ray Lewis joined Harbaugh in complaining about the officials following the Ravens' 15-10 loss.

-- Sean Leahy

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/09/nfl-fines-ravens-coach-john-harbaugh-15000-for-contact-with-official/1

I LOL'd.

floodcitygirl
09-23-2010, 01:11 AM
I've got to say that I agreed with Harbaugh and Suggs on that call. Lets just put a princess dress on Palmer and be done with it. :dang:

MasterOfPuppets
09-23-2010, 01:17 AM
for making improper contact with an official

i heard he touched him where he pees ....:popcorn:

SteelCityMom
09-23-2010, 01:21 AM
i heard he touched him where he pees ....:popcorn:

:rofl: That was my first thought too.

Shea
09-23-2010, 01:22 AM
I've got to say that I agreed with Harbaugh and Suggs on that call. Lets just put a princess dress on Palmer and be done with it. :dang:

I agree. That was an awful call.

But Flacco also played a horrible game and that should be taken into account for the loss. It wasn't just on the refs.

He's catching some heat right now, but is it just me thinking when watching him that he will be a force for years to come especially since it's within our division?

For some reason Flacco makes me nervous.

There's something about his poise and demeanor, added with talent, that makes me think he will have above average success in this league.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

MasterOfPuppets
09-23-2010, 01:32 AM
:rofl: That was my first thought too.
thats cause your a perv ...:noidea:

SteelCityMom
09-23-2010, 01:40 AM
thats cause your a perv ...:noidea:

:smack:

I'm a lady dammit...how dare you!

MasterOfPuppets
09-23-2010, 01:50 AM
:smack:

I'm a lady dammit...how dare you!
my bad...i didn't realize it till the buc fan said so .

cloppbeast
09-24-2010, 10:29 AM
For some reason Flacco makes me nervous.

There's something about his poise and demeanor, added with talent, that makes me think he will have above average success in this league.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

I know what you mean, but at the same time, he seems like such a doofus.

Flacco is accurate; he has a strong arm; he can make all the throws; he's poised, calm, and collected. His talent enables him to torch a defense, and we've seen him do that, That part scares me. But, even with all his talent though, he seems to me to be missing something. First of all, he looks like he's a few french fries short of a happy meal, if you know what I mean. Secondly, he seems to be lacking a little in the leadership catagory. He's like a saltine cracker - kind of bland. No personality. I'm looking for more fire from a leader to inspire his teamates. Maybe not like Philip Rivers or anything, but just a little something.

I have yet to see him rise up in a big game, come through in the clutch and bring a team back in the 4th. (He may have done it, but not that I can remember) Sure he can go off against the Chiefs circa 2009 or the Browns, but when he plays a great defense, his flaws really show.

I'm with you on a talent level, because he has tons. But talent isn't everything, especially at quarterback. There have been plenty of extremely talented quarterbacks who couldn't pull it together - Ryan Leaf anybody?. And vise-versa, there have been plenty of less talented quarterbacks have some success due to their intangibles - Doug Flutie anybody?.

With that said, the jury is still out on Flacco. He's in his third year, and he's took his team (or did his team take him?) to the playoffs in his first two seasons. He did this with very little talent at WR. I have to give him his props for that, but he still has to take that step to the next level. Mostly, in my opinion, he must improve from a leadership standpoint to become one of the great ones.

lionslicer
09-24-2010, 11:38 AM
So Finnegan gets fined $5000 for starting a fight. Harbaugh gets fined $15,000 for touching an official? Bullshit

jjpro11
09-24-2010, 12:46 PM
is it possible for a coach to get ejected? i can't recall ever seeing a coach getting ejected. i'd imagine punching out a ref would do the trick, but i don't know what else.

Third Rail
09-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Harbaugh is such a dick. I hope he gets fined every week. He's a total asshole and you can see it reflected in the way his douchebag team behaves on the field.

lionslicer
09-24-2010, 02:44 PM
is it possible for a coach to get ejected? i can't recall ever seeing a coach getting ejected. i'd imagine punching out a ref would do the trick, but i don't know what else.

There is no record of it. If it did happen, it would have been before the 50's.
There isn't a rule that says they can't do that to coaches. I guess no coach has really done anything that bad to a ref... Or maybe they aren't as big of assholes as umpires are in Baseball

Nevermore
09-28-2010, 02:11 AM
Harbaugh is such a dick. I hope he gets fined every week. He's a total asshole and you can see it reflected in the way his douchebag team behaves on the field.

What do you base this on? I have met John Harbaugh and he is a great guy. He cares about his players, the fans and the team. You might not like the Ravens, but I don't see how he getting fined for arguing what is verified even here as a BS call makes him a "dick." I would love to hear your personal experience that makes you think he is an a-hole.

Curtain_of_Steel
09-29-2010, 09:54 PM
So you can bump an official, which is assault and not get suspended, but when you don't assault a girl and get accused of it, you get suspended for 4 games?

Whooo hold the bus....

"Flacco is accurate; he has a strong arm; he can make all the throws; he's poised, calm, and collected. His talent enables him to torch a defense" Mrs. Flacco is that you?

First off he has a 66 passer rating this year.. 4 td's and 5 int's. Hasn't really lit up the Steelers and is not your pressure type qb.
flacco 4 sacks, 2 fumbles 1 loss, 2 int's. Once the kid is rattled, like sanchez he crumbled and starts making poor decisions. Say what you want he has better receivers this year. Who care, he has to pass them the ball.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=11252