09-23-2010, 12:11 AM
Gerry Dulac's NFL Forecast: Week 3
Thursday, September 23, 2010
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10266/1089505-213.stm
Last week: 8-8 (.500)
Season record: 18-14 (.563)

Steelers (2-0) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-0), 1 p.m., Sunday

The Skinny: The Steelers are 7-1 lifetime against the Buccaneers, including 5-1 in Tampa, and that doesn't count their Super Bowl XLIII victory in Raymond James Stadium. The Bucs are already one win from matching their '09 victory total.

Prediction: Steelers, 24-10

Cleveland Browns (0-2) at Baltimore Ravens (1-1), 1 p.m., Sunday

The Skinny: This was not the start the Browns envisioned, not after finishing 2009 with four consecutive victories, not when they opened 2010 with the Bucs and Chiefs. And now it's the Ravens home opener.

Prediction: Ravens, 24-6

Cincinnati Bengals (1-1) at Carolina Panthers (0-2), 1 p.m., Sunday

The Skinny: There is much to worry about when a team such as Carolina manages just a touchdown at home against Tampa Bay. What are they going to do against the Bengals, who roughed up Joe Flacco last week?

Prediction: Bengals, 23-13

Dallas Cowboys (0-2) at Houston Texans (2-0), 1 p.m., Sunday

The Skinny: Not many expected the winless Texas team after two games to be residing in Dallas. It may stay that way, too, especially against the unbeaten Texas team that resides in Houston.

Prediction: Texans, 28-27

San Francisco 49ers (0-2) at Kansas City Chiefs (2-0), 1 p.m., Sunday

The Skinny: Of all the surprise 2-0 teams in the league, one of the biggest is the Chiefs, who haven't started 3-0 since 2003. The 49ers are a surprise, too, but for the opposite reason.

Prediction: Chiefs, 17-16

Detroit Lions (0-2) at Minnesota Vikings (0-2), 1 p.m., Sunday

The Skinny: For a team that has won just two games since the start of the 2008 season, the Lions are an improved and feisty bunch. But they are 1-15 in the past 16 versus the Norsemen.

Prediction: Vikings, 30-17

Buffalo Bills (0-2) at New England Patriots (1-1), 1 p.m., Sunday

The Skinny: Bills Coach Chan Gailey is already switching QBs, going to Ryan Fitzpatrick. But they might need Jim Kelly to beat the Patriots, who have won 13 in a row against the Bills.

Prediction: Patriots, 31-9

Atlanta Falcons (1-1) at New Orleans Saints (2-0), 1 p.m., Sunday

There are those who think the Falcons can beat out the Saints in the NFC South. Perhaps, but those might be the same people who thought McCain could beat Obama.

Prediction: Saints, 31-27

Tennessee Titans (1-1) at New York Giants (1-1), 1 p.m., Sunday

The Skinny: One week after being picked apart by Eli Manning's brother, the Giants only have to worry about getting picked by Vince Young. That is, if he can bounce back after being picked apart by the Steelers.

Prediction: Giants, 24-14

Philadelphia Eagles (1-1) at Jacksonville Jaguars (1-1), 4:05 p.m., Sunday

The Skinny: The Jaguars have to come back with David Garrard, who was yanked in last week's loss in San Diego. The Eagles elected to come back with Mike Vick, who was terrific against the Lions.

Prediction: Eagles, 24-23

Washington Redskins (1-1) at St. Louis Rams (0-2), 4:05 p.m., Sunday

The Skinny: After winning just one game in 2009, it appears the Rams might have a hard time eclipsing that total this season. Even with rookie QB Sam Bradford.

Prediction: Redskins, 31-16

Oakland Raiders (1-1) at Arizona Cardinals (1-1), 4:15 p.m., Sunday

The Skinny: It sounds nice to say the Raiders have never lost on the road to the Cardinals (3-0). That won't matter now, even though Arizona has lost its offensive magic without Kurt Warner.

Prediction: Cardinals, 24-14

Indianapolis Colts (1-1) at Denver Broncos (1-1), 4:15 p.m., Sunday

The Skinny: The Colts set an NFL record for consecutive regular-season wins (22) when they beat the Broncos in 2009. They will settle for merely winning their second in a row this time.

Prediction: Colts, 31-28

San Diego Chargers (1-1) at Seattle Seahawks (1-1), 4:15 p.m., Sunday

The Skinny: The Chargers were already ambushed once on the road in the season opener in Kansas City. You don't think the Seahawks, who did it to the 49ers, can do it again?

Prediction: Chargers, 24-16

New York Jets (1-1) at Miami Dolphins (2-0), 8:20 p.m., Sunday

The Skinny: Which was more impressive, the Jets coming back from a 14-3 deficit to beat the Patriots? Or the Dolphins winning in Minnesota? Or this: The Dolphins swept the Jets in 2009.

Prediction: Dolphins, 23-21

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10266/1089505-213.stm#ixzz10JZHBkuP

kiuaswarrior
09-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Gerry Dulac still does predictions?

I remember looking forward to reading them as a kid in the paper... BEFORE THE INTERNET.

StainlessStill
09-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Gerry Dulac still does predictions?

I remember looking forward to reading them as a kid in the paper... BEFORE THE INTERNET.

Exactly! I do the same to this day. Everytime me and my father would get up at 5 a.m to head to Three Rivers when I was younger, we'd stop and grab the Post Gazette to see the predictions. If the Steelers would be picked to we'd eat it up. If we were picked to lose then trouble was brewin, haha. Good stuff.

kiuaswarrior
09-23-2010, 12:00 PM
If the Steelers would be picked to we'd eat it up. If we were picked to lose then trouble was brewin, haha. Good stuff.

Haha exactly, I was always appauled when he picked the Steelers losing in an "upset special".