PDA

View Full Version : RB Back-ups

Bus36RollsUrlacher
09-23-2010, 01:36 PM
How does everyone feel about the back-up RB situation? Are Mew and Red Zone the answer?

fer522
09-23-2010, 01:49 PM
why not get larry johnson :wave:
:tt03:

steelerchad
09-23-2010, 01:51 PM
I like Redman in short yardage. Seems like we have a little confidence going with 3rd and 1 this year. I think it's more Pouncey than anything.
Mewelde didn't look good when Mendenhall was out for a while last week. Wish Dwyer would have done a little more in camp this year.
There may be no bigger loss to our team if Mendy went down, other than Ben or Troy.

MikeHaullace
09-23-2010, 01:53 PM
How does everyone feel about the back-up RB situation? Are Mew and Red Zone the answer?

MeMo has been consistent for us in must-move-the-chains situations since joining the organization. From what I've seen of him thus far this year, there's been a drop-off in his ability.

As little has been seen from Redman, it is really encouraging seeing that he certainly has a knack with finding a hole in short yardage situations.

Are they "the answer"? The jury is still out. Are they serviceable? Certainly.

truesteelerfan
09-23-2010, 02:30 PM
I would like to see us have a vet back there who is maybe on the backside of his career....like what the jets did with Tomlinson....but with our cap (albeit self-imposed this season) it might be hard to find someone.

lionslicer
09-23-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm happier with the running back situation than I am with the quarterback one. Steelers do have 2 other running backs, one on the active roster and one on the practice squad.

mikegrimey
09-23-2010, 03:28 PM
Our depth at RB is ok, but I don't know how confident I would be in Moore or Redman to take over starter duties if Mendenhall got hurt.

Moore will probably be used less in passing situations this year because the team seems to really want to get Mendenhall out there, and he can be a threat in the passing game.

What I like about Redman is he understand his role as the short yardage back and runs in that power style and keeps fighting for the tough 1-1 1/2 yard, thus far we seem to be a little better in short yardage situations this year. Still too early to make a verdict though.

stiller39
09-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Redman can do it all. He just needs PT. Less Memo and more Redzone IMO. Changing of the gaurd so to speak.

DanRooney
09-23-2010, 05:50 PM
Redman is doing fine as the short yardage back.

Mewelde Moore is a problem. He's lost a lot since his 2008 year. I don't think he's fast enough or blocks well enough to be our 3rd down back and really doesn't do anything better than Mendenhall.

Dwyer should emerge as the change-of-pace back towards the end of the season. But Tomlin is too stubborn to make a good move involving personnel unless an injury happens.

steeltheone
09-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Redman can do it all. He just needs PT. Less Memo and more Redzone IMO. Changing of the gaurd so to speak.

Yes, RedZone will be fine....we dont need anymore old players!

CaliStillersFan
09-24-2010, 04:51 AM
I agree DanRooney, Memo just hasn't been himself since 08. I hope they start using Isaac Redzone more. He's gonna bust a long TD run on 3rd down, I can feel it coming.

:tt03:

SacknificentStew56
09-24-2010, 05:34 AM
Red would get my vote as our number 2. He's a tougher runner but Moore has him beat as a receiver out of the backfield, though.