PDA

View Full Version : cowboys americas team?

fer522
09-23-2010, 05:38 PM
I was watching espn and they were talking about the cowboys being like the most popular team and it got me thinking when we won superbowl 43 there's a place in Mexico it is called El Angel de la Independencia ( the independance angel) everytime theres something important going on (sports related only)like if the National team had an important match and won it or a soccer team wins the championship people will meet there and celebrate, well it's just a big thing , well to make this short we won SB 43 and my countrymen were out there celebrating throwing a big party and i just wonder if the cowgirl are americas team than are we the world's team?
excuse my english brothers
check out the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie98_WwXINg&feature=related

:tt03:

Riddle_Of_Steel
09-23-2010, 05:45 PM
Well, by the numbers, the Cowboys have the largest fanbase in the United States. ESPN did a survey a while back and they won in the ConUS, but I think the Steelers had the largest global fanbase, with the Patsies close behind.

MikeHaullace
09-23-2010, 06:07 PM
We didn't want that. We're Pittsburgh's team. We feel strongly about that.

http://pittsburgh-blitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/art_rooney03.jpg

stb_steeler
09-23-2010, 06:13 PM
I dont think so
http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz240/stbsteeler/20090130__20090201_C02_SP01PAIGEp1.jpg

steeltheone
09-23-2010, 09:20 PM
We didn't want that. We're Pittsburgh's team. We feel strongly about that.

http://pittsburgh-blitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/art_rooney03.jpg

Exactly!

MikeHaullace
09-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Let's face it...

Now-a-day, the only people that see the Cowboys as "America's Team" is:

1.) Jerry Jones
2.) Cowboys fans
3.) Mainstream Media

If a Cowboys fan goes off about being America's Team, remind them that the 1978
Dallas Cowboys was "America's Team" and Dallas hasn't been relevant in the NFL for 15 years.

WeegiesWarriors
09-24-2010, 11:18 AM
The Steelers have a large Mexican following because back in the 70's Mexicans could only get one game a week. It was the NFL's Game of the Week, and either the Cowboys or the Steelers usually were in the game. That was their first exposure to football and the country was divided between Cowboy and Steeler fans. It holds to this day.

Third Rail
09-24-2010, 01:39 PM
IF YOU HATE DUH COWBOYS DEN YOU MUST BE ANTI-AMERIKUN!!! :chuckle:

SteelKnight
09-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Steeler fans are the best. The ones outside Pittsburgh are nice and tend to be loyal people with some class. We tend to be nice to each other and enjoy talking about games etc.

The regular Steeler fans from Pittsburgh are like any other city with a range of class, education, rudeness etc. Many of them are just fans because they were born there but it doesn't make them immune from being a jackazz.

I would say outside of Pittsburgh, I have liked probably 99 percent of Steeler fans that I've run into. We treat each other like brothers. Even when we see each other wearing Steelers stuff, sometimes we stop and chat for a while. I would vouch for a Steelers fan outside of Pittsburgh...good guy. lol

SteelerEmpire
09-24-2010, 07:58 PM
They should have had a survey about who has the most SB trophies...

fer522
09-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Steeler fans are the best. The ones outside Pittsburgh are nice and tend to be loyal people with some class. We tend to be nice to each other and enjoy talking about games etc.

The regular Steeler fans from Pittsburgh are like any other city with a range of class, education, rudeness etc. Many of them are just fans because they were born there but it doesn't make them immune from being a jackazz.

I would say outside of Pittsburgh, I have liked probably 99 percent of Steeler fans that I've run into. We treat each other like brothers. Even when we see each other wearing Steelers stuff, sometimes we stop and chat for a while. I would vouch for a Steelers fan outside of Pittsburgh...good guy. lol

you are absolutely right brother superbowl 43 i was there i live in Arkansas and i talked to people from all over ther states even a guy from Germany got hooked with the steelers (he was here on vacations) and he was wearing a JOE MEAN GREEN throwbach jersey he told me he had paid 325 for it but he did not care, we just had a great time there.

SteelKnight
09-25-2010, 03:00 PM
you are absolutely right brother superbowl 43 i was there i live in Arkansas and i talked to people from all over ther states even a guy from Germany got hooked with the steelers (he was here on vacations) and he was wearing a JOE MEAN GREEN throwbach jersey he told me he had paid 325 for it but he did not care, we just had a great time there.

Wow...awesome. You were at SB 43? Wow.

Yeah...At work whenever i meet a Steelers fan, it's like family from then on. It's like you know the person will have your back. If you live in Pittsburgh ere everyone is a Steeler fan, it might not have that special meaning.

Sometimes when I'm wearing my Steeler shirts, i get stopped by other Steeler fans with smiles and we chat. We deserve it. Many of us went through the mark Malone years and stayed loyal. As a kid, i used to pretend I was Mark Malone. lol I was so happy when Brister took over because I had grown tired of Malone. I had that Bubby Brister shirt where he talks about his 5 sisters. I think all the hard times make these good years with Ben so special. I love knowing the next 8 years or so will be good for us. :tt04:

stb_steeler
09-25-2010, 09:49 PM
Wow...awesome. You were at SB 43? Wow.

Yeah...At work whenever i meet a Steelers fan, it's like family from then on. It's like you know the person will have your back. If you live in Pittsburgh ere everyone is a Steeler fan, it might not have that special meaning.

Sometimes when I'm wearing my Steeler shirts, i get stopped by other Steeler fans with smiles and we chat. We deserve it. Many of us went through the mark Malone years and stayed loyal. As a kid, i used to pretend I was Mark Malone. lol I was so happy when Brister took over because I had grown tired of Malone. I had that Bubby Brister shirt where he talks about his 5 sisters. I think all the hard times make these good years with Ben so special. I love knowing the next 8 years or so will be good for us. :tt04:

Is that the Brister shirt i seen on ebay for sale?......:rofl:

pancake
09-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Here in Lexington, I know several Steeler fans. I know more Packer fans than Cowboy fans.

Steelerfreak58
09-25-2010, 10:47 PM
Tony Romo and crew can suck giant donkey balls. Cowgirls suck.:applaudit:

chitownpit
09-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Been watching NFL games for nearly 40 years now and have never seen
a team travel like the STEELERS . The cryboys fanbase isnt close,unless
they happen to win a couple games in a row or god for bid a playoff game.

There over rated,over paid and over estimated.
America`s team? Give me a break . Nothing but a bunch of bandwagon
hopping idots

MikeHaullace
09-25-2010, 11:32 PM
I am reporting in from DFW, TX.

Fact of the matter is, Dallas is barely Dallas's Team, much less America's Team.

First and foremost, the fan-base here is fair weather only. Otherwise, irrelevant. Look how the Rangers have been treated until just recently.

Oh? Stars haven't won a Stanley Cup in a while? Psssh. I'd rather be Netflixin'.

The Mavericks are cheered for in the regular season, cried about in the post season, and bitched about in the off-season.

Just wait and see. If there is *any* pre-mature sign that Dallas won't be making a playoff appearance, Jerry World attendance will suffer *tremendously*. If you're not a 'winner', the folks don't want to be part of it. No questions asked.

I guess this was just a long way for me to say, I hope Dallas starts the season 2-4.

They're off to a fine start. :thumbsup: