PDA

View Full Version : How many sacks will Harrison and Woodley have in week 3?

ricardisimo
09-23-2010, 08:08 PM
How many combined, that is. I think we're starting to see a trend already this season, and it's a very nice trend indeed, more like open mid-rifts on women than the plumbers' crack on men.

I'd also like to hear how many straight games with a sack everyone thinks Woodley will have this season.
:tt04::tt02::tt::tt03:

MikeHaullace
09-23-2010, 08:28 PM
If this unit stays healthy, I foresee them setting a team record in sacks.

SteelCityMom
09-23-2010, 08:31 PM
You said Beiber-sexual. How could I NOT vote for that.

Seriously though...it's going to be a bajillion. And yes...I can count that high.

stb_steeler
09-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Can we include Timmons in on 1 or 2 of those?.......:rofl:

lionslicer
09-23-2010, 09:12 PM
For just those 2? Atleast 2, but 3-4 is a good guess. Defense combined, I say around 5-6

pancake
09-23-2010, 09:21 PM
I guessing 2.5 sacks...

lionslicer
09-23-2010, 09:21 PM
If this unit stays healthy, I foresee them setting a team record in sacks.

Steeler record high sacks is 55 set in 1994 and 2001
I think, I could be wrong.
The highest total sacks for a team in a season is 72 held by the 84 Bears.

Steelers are off to a slow start, they only have 6 sacks in 2 games, if they keep that up, it will only be 48 by the end of the season.

zulater
09-23-2010, 09:22 PM
So how many times will Charlie and Byron get sacked and will either or both still be standing at the end of the day?

StainlessStill
09-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Harrison/Woodley: 3-4 sacks MINIMUM. Did you see Harrison's stats for last week? SICK! Pure sick.. so dominating.

MikeHaullace
09-23-2010, 09:35 PM
Steeler record high sacks is 55 set in 1994 and 2001
I think, I could be wrong.

I've learned that usually, people who try to be coy while posting accurate stats, they just finished looking it up. Even weak Google-Fu will confirm your 'suspicion'.

In terms of a trend projection, yes, they are off to a slow start.

In 1994, through 2 games, they had 2 sacks.

In 2001, through 2 games, they had 5 sacks.

In 2010, through 2 games, they have 6 sacks.

In terms of matching or beating the current team record for sacks, it doesn't look like such a bad start afterall, now does it?

The highest total sacks for a team in a season is 72 held by the 84 Bears.

What does that have to do with the Steelers team sack record? Oh yeah. Nothing.

fer522
09-23-2010, 09:45 PM

lionslicer
09-23-2010, 09:51 PM
I've learned that usually, people who try to be coy while posting accurate stats, they just finished looking it up. Even weak Google-Fu will confirm your 'suspicion'.

In terms of a trend projection, yes, they are off to a slow start.

In 1994, through 2 games, they had 2 sacks.

In 2001, through 2 games, they had 5 sacks.

In 2010, through 2 games, they have 6 sacks.

In terms of matching or beating the current team record for sacks, it doesn't look like such a bad start afterall, now does it?

What does that have to do with the Steelers team sack record? Oh yeah. Nothing.

When you said "team record" I wasn't sure if you ment the Steelers team record of if you ment the overrall sack record for a team. It wasn't very specific, so I was broad in my answer to make sure I didn't miss anything and look like a retard, please and thank you.

2005 Steelers: 9 sacks through 2 games, ended up with only 47 sacks.

MikeHaullace
09-23-2010, 10:05 PM
When you said "team record" I wasn't sure if you ment the Steelers team record of if you ment the overrall sack record for a team. It wasn't very specific, so I was broad in my answer to make sure I didn't miss anything and look like a retard, please and thank you.

2005 Steelers: 9 sacks through 2 games, ended up with only 47 sacks.

Fair enough. I avoided using the term "league record" in hopes of dispelling such confusion.

I can appreciate you trying to keep things in perspective but, I am sticking to my guns.

If this unit stays healthy, I foresee them setting a team record in sacks. :tt03:

CLStan7
09-24-2010, 03:36 AM
The best OLB duo ive ever seen in my life

kiuaswarrior
09-24-2010, 09:52 AM
I can see 3-4 sacks on Sunday... hopefully more.

The Patriots suck, and Tom Brady is Bieber-sexual. - lolz

cloppbeast
09-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Prolly 1-2, but depense on Freeman.

I haven't gotten a chance to watch him yet. Does he get rid of the ball quick? I understand he's fast, maybe our OLBs will play contain. Probably not, though, since they didn't against Young.

zulater
09-24-2010, 11:16 AM
The best OLB duo ive ever seen in my life

I'm most likely older than you so my perspective is different.

So I'd probably still lean slightly towards Ham and Rusell from 72-76. Followed closely by Lloyd -Greene 93-95.

but LaMarr and Harrison are great, and by the end of fthis year there's a real good chance I'll be singing the same song as you. :thumbsup:

Joey was right, even if he spelled it wrong, we really are lucky as Steeler fans! :tt:

ricardisimo
09-24-2010, 07:29 PM
Being that I'm not quite the senior citizen you are, zu, I lean towards Lloyd & Greene myself. Good times, eh? I'm also looking forward to being wooed by the current pair.

Fire Arians
09-24-2010, 07:30 PM
9 thousand

ricardisimo
09-25-2010, 12:12 AM
You said Beiber-sexual. How could I NOT vote for that.

Seriously though...it's going to be a bajillion. And yes...I can count that high.
http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/files/2010/02/the-count.jpg

MikeHaullace
09-25-2010, 01:52 AM
Being that I'm not quite the senior citizen you are, zu, I lean towards Lloyd & Greene myself. Good times, eh? I'm also looking forward to being wooed by the current pair.

Yeah. This is me too.

The Steelers won their 4th only weeks before I was born.

It seemed to me every single game that Greene and Lloyd were playing "Meet-you-at-the-QB".

They were explosive.

Trust me though. I do see the same materializing with 56 and 92. I just don't see it continuing beyond this season.

zulater
09-26-2010, 05:04 PM
zero combined.:doh: You jinxed 'em by making this thread! Don't do it again! :mad:

:chuckle:

Just kidding, I thought Harrison had a great game even without a sack. He was collpasing the pocket all game long, he forced several errant throws and was in Freeman's mind all game long.

Woodley just had a sack slip out of his hands, plus he just missed on another int. Still it looked like Lammar was a bit wore down today, had an awful missed tackle that led to big TB gainer.

I was glad to see timmons finally get a sack though! :tt02:

SH-Rock
09-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Harrison did though hit that receiver (forgot his name) which then the ball went in to Brett's hands for a TD

ricardisimo
09-26-2010, 07:45 PM
zero combined.:doh: You jinxed 'em by making this thread! Don't do it again! :mad:

:chuckle:

Just kidding, I thought Harrison had a great game even without a sack. He was collpasing the pocket all game long, he forced several errant throws and was in Freeman's mind all game long.

Woodley just had a sack slip out of his hands, plus he just missed on another int. Still it looked like Lammar was a bit wore down today, had an awful missed tackle that led to big TB gainer.

I was glad to see timmons finally get a sack though! :tt02:
And for the first time in I don't know how long someone got called for holding Harrison (maybe even twice). Bad calls, in my opinion, but at least it starts to make up for the flagrant non-calls by the refs in every other game he's ever played.

pancake
09-26-2010, 10:12 PM
I goofed on this one, but we have the win. All that matters! :tt04:

MasterOfPuppets
09-26-2010, 10:34 PM
i was right... i voted some ungodly number...i think 0 fits that description...:thumbsup:

SteelCityMom
09-26-2010, 10:42 PM
i was right... i voted some ungodly number...i think 0 fits that description...:thumbsup:

Nuh uh...I was right. Patriots suck and Tom Brady is a Beiber-sexual! :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
09-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Nuh uh...I was right. Patriots suck and Tom Brady is a Beiber-sexual! :chuckle:

hey i know where kiesel got his celebration thing from...

IJjUt2sXo5o