PDA

View Full Version : Rolling off Eachother by Lawrence Timmons

tony hipchest
09-24-2010, 02:55 PM
great blog to follow. he keeps sounding more mature and intelligent with each passing year. its funny... i dont think ive ever heard him give an interview. he's probably more quiet and reserved than troy.

September 24, 2010

Someone just told me I had 15 tackles against Tennessee and that feels like a great accomplishment, but the truth is I couldn’t do it without the D-line opening those gaps to let me into the backfield to tackle Chris Johnson, and without our pass rushers pressuring the quarterback and making him dump it off to the backs, I wouldn’t get a chance to make those tackles, either. That’s how this defense does it, we roll off each other.

I’m just trying to be all over the place, trying to do well. I must admit the heat started to get the best of me near the end of the game, and that was a pretty scary finish. The whole game the entire defense played lights out. Everybody did their job, no one was trying to do too much. When you’re patient you let the play come to you. You do your job and stay patient but you do it in a very aggressive manner.

Coach Lebeau had a great game plan, we were able to get to the ballcarrier before he could get going. Every running back wants to get his legs going and get in a rhythm and we were able to stop Chris Johnson before he could get going. Everybody stayed in their gaps and the D-line won the line of scrimmage.

Nobody can do a good job on defense unless the D-line does their job. They won that battle for the second week in a row.

We’re happy, but we’re not satisfied. We’re definitely staying humble as we head down to Tampa. We’re going to practice real hard and try to carry that over to the field on Sunday. The Bucs are 2-0 and looking to turn it around from last year, so I know they’re looking at beating the Steelers as a big opportunity. We have to go in there and play very physical football and come out with a win.

I would also like to thank all of our fans. Playing in Tennessee was like a home game. Our fans were all over that place and you could hear them chanting for the Steelers. That makes you feel good as a player, especially on the road. Believe me, we can hear you.

Lawrence Timmons is a linebacker with the Pittsburgh Steelers. His blog for www.playerpress.com runs at www.timmons94.com. Follow him on Twitter at www.twitter.com/lawrencetimmons.

kiuaswarrior
09-24-2010, 03:11 PM
"I would also like to thank all of our fans. Playing in Tennessee was like a home game. Our fans were all over that place and you could hear them chanting for the Steelers. That makes you feel good as a player, especially on the road. Believe me, we can hear you."

Woooooo!

pete74
09-24-2010, 07:51 PM
i love timmons and getting him and woodley in the same draft is amazing

Steelstoned1972
09-24-2010, 08:49 PM
I agree that could be similar to the draft where we nabbed swann and stallworth...those two backers make it fun to watch !!!

steelerchad
09-24-2010, 09:34 PM
"I would also like to thank all of our fans. Playing in Tennessee was like a home game. Our fans were all over that place and you could hear them chanting for the Steelers. That makes you feel good as a player, especially on the road. Believe me, we can hear you."

Woooooo!

Your Welcome. Although we had a better turnout in 08. I think Ben's suspension has something to do with the numbers being down.
Thank You for playing such a dominating game. That kickoff return took the air out of the place and the D never let them get going the whole game.

I loved being there for that one as I had a sour taste the last time I was there in 08. I didn't even realize the towel stomp happened until I saw it on TV later.

I love being there for a dominating defensive effort. The only one better I've personally witnessed was the 07 shutout of the Seahawks. 21-0