PDA

View Full Version : Who I like - Tampa Bay edition

mesaSteeler
09-24-2010, 09:28 PM
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
NFL from the sidelines

After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop.
Friday, September 24, 2010

Who I like - Tampa Bay edition

Two defenses that have given up a combined 41 points in their first two games will meet Sunday in Tampa.

But one is for real and the other is a product of having played the Browns and Panthers.

The Steelers are 4 1/2-point favorites over the Bucs Sunday and that seems like a layup, particularly with Charlie Batch at quarterback.

What's that? You think I can't be talking about the same Charlie Batch who threw for 25 yards in two and a half quarters last week.

Batch's numbers would have been much better had his teammates helped him out a bit. He threw some nice passes, moved in the pocket well and got the ball to the correct receiver.

The touchdowns will still be tough to come by. But with the way the Steelers defense is playing, it doesn't matter.

Take the Steelers to win, 20-6.

Toyami
09-24-2010, 09:45 PM
I've 20-3 Steelers!

steelerohio
09-24-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm itching for a shutout... 21-0 Steelers... at least one defensive touchdown...

Fire Arians
09-24-2010, 10:17 PM
i think these buc fans are underrating charlie batch. he's no ben, but he's proved in the past to be clutch when needed (and when not injured)

i have to admit though, i hold my breath everytime i see charlie take a hit/sack

StainlessStill
09-24-2010, 10:36 PM
We finally have a full weeks stability and can gameplan around a QB who's a veteran and who's been here for a long time. Charlie knows this offense more than anybody and if Tampa doesn't respect his arm, Charlie can put it there. He should open up Mendenhall. This will be our offensive breakout game. We reach the endzone TWICE offensively.

ZoneBlitzer
09-25-2010, 01:09 AM
I have an uneasy feeling about this one. I don't like being the favorite. The Bucs could take this as a statement game.

Steelers D has got to play lights out again on the road.

MikeHaullace
09-25-2010, 02:06 AM
I have an uneasy feeling about this one. I don't like being the favorite. The Bucs could take this as a statement game.

Steelers D has got to play lights out again on the road.

Take solace in knowing this is Week 3 and not Week 15. That will make a HUGE difference on whether or not the D can play lights out. Lucky for us, they're healthy.

On another note:

I am kind of looking forward to seeing this Freeman dude play as well. I've yet to see him play in a game though what I have seen, he looks somewhat legit.

Against... suspect D's.

Not really sure he is going to be able to handle what is thrown at him. Don't really see their run game getting anywhere either.

17-9.

Wallace and Mendy get on the board.

*points at center field* :tt03:

Spinlcrack
09-25-2010, 03:41 AM
I look forward to seeing what Freeman has, but he is still a 1 and a half year starter. He has not proven he is better than Ryan ( who is legit) or Young (who is a talented head case). He has never seen a LeBeau D.

Hopefully this kid won't get his mojo crushed under the weight of this Defense.

pete74
09-25-2010, 04:15 AM
were going to make Freeman look like a rookie again. i see a shutout coming unless we turn the ball over in field goal range

AMERICAN MUSCLE
09-25-2010, 04:30 PM
What's with this shut out talk?

Bucs- 19

Steelers- 13

Steelerfreak58
09-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Freeman is going to shit himself. He is going to get a taste of the Steel City D and he isn't going to know what the hell to do about it. You are going to see a confused frustrated rookie getting a welcome to the NFL and a premier defense.

7-14 points at least from the defense.

Steelesr 24
Tampa 6

AMERICAN MUSCLE
09-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Freeman is going to shit himself. He is going to get a taste of the Steel City D and he isn't going to know what the hell to do about it. You are going to see a confused frustrated rookie getting a welcome to the NFL and a premier defense.

7-14 points at least from the defense.

Steelesr 24
Tampa 6

Please, do your homework... Freeman isn't a rookie. He will not be confused. I'm sure he put in extra time in the film room to prepare for the Steelers, but I can see him getting frustrated just like pretty much any other QB who plays against a good defense. I've seen Brady and Manning get frustrated against you guys. What matters is the end result.

"7-14 points at least?" Which one is it? 7, or 14? :noidea: I see zero points scored by your defense directly related to the QB.

steelerchad
09-25-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm going a little higher. I think Mendy has a big day and it opens up enough for Chuck to throw 1, Mendy to rund 1, and 1 from either special teams or defense.

24-13 Steelers. Defense is a little less dominant, but they don't need to be perfect in this one.

Surely, we can get 1 more score on Tampa than the Browns.