PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else A Little Worried About Tomorrow???

Polamalu43Defense!
09-25-2010, 10:08 AM
I mean I know it's the Bucs, but come on people we're starting Charlie Batch!!! Choke it in over time against the Jags in 05' Charlie Batch! Charlie Batch who hasn't started a game since then Charlie Batch!! Charlie Batch the one who is a hard worker, but let's admit it, a mediocre QB Charlie Batch!!! I'm not dissing on Batch or anything but the Bucs are 2-0 and for some odd reason I believe Tampa Bay might be good this year. After all they have been getting the top ten picks in the draft every year minus 08......it's not crazy. Idk. I guess I just want someone to tell me it's going to be alright...... :confused:

cloppbeast
09-25-2010, 10:11 AM
I'm not dissing on Batch or anything

:doh:

Atlanta Dan
09-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Yep - the bandwagon is getting real full real quick after the consensus 2 weeks ago was that the Steelers were doomed

Add to that my preseason expectation that of the first 4 games only Tampa Bay was a probable win and a loss no doubt is likely:chuckle:

Tone's Toes
09-25-2010, 10:36 AM
I'd be worried about every game.

We could beat just about anybody with our defense, then again, we could lose to pretty much anybody with our offense.

theplatypus
09-25-2010, 10:52 AM
I'm not worried, but there is the whole any given Sunday thing.

LukesDad88
09-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Choke it in over time against the Jags in 05' Charlie Batch! Charlie Batch who hasn't started a game since then Charlie Batch!!

Uhm, Charlie has started games since 05. And won them. Against better teams than Tampa.

desertsteel
09-25-2010, 11:02 AM
I'd like to see us come out with an aerial attack and shock the crap out of the Buc defense! Kinda like we did in '05 in the playoffs against the Colts. Get a couple touchdowns then just pound the ball.

LVSteelersfan
09-25-2010, 11:06 AM
Batch just has to hand off the ball and manage the game and not mess up field position. He is better at reading defenses than Dennis Dixon is and moves around in the pocket a little unlike Leftoversandwich. His job is to not mess up so the defense can kick Josh Freeman's butt all over the field. He won't know what hit him. As long as Batch doesn't try to throw that weak out route he throws for a pick six, this game should be a win for the Steelers. If not, then we are still 2-1 which no one expected at this point. No worries.

StainlessStill
09-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Like I said in an earlier post, Charlie knows this offense better than anbody and can put the ball there. This will be our offensive breakout game. We will crack the endzone atleast twice.

lionslicer
09-25-2010, 11:44 AM
The only thing that scares me about this game is Steelers passing the ball. If anyone didn't know this, the Tampa 2 defense is actually similar to the defense the Steelers rain in the 70's. The defense bends but it doesn't break. They've allowed 3rd fewest points, and shut out teams in the second half. Steelers offense isn't really up to 'par' as of right now.
I think the Steelers will score atleast 1 touchdown. Even Cleveland and Panthers did that. I give the Steelers a slight edge because of the running game and the Bucs average run defense.

LukesDad88
09-25-2010, 12:04 PM
The only thing that scares me about this game is Steelers passing the ball. If anyone didn't know this, the Tampa 2 defense is actually similar to the defense the Steelers rain in the 70's. The defense bends but it doesn't break. They've allowed 3rd fewest points, and shut out teams in the second half. Steelers offense isn't really up to 'par' as of right now.
I think the Steelers will score atleast 1 touchdown. Even Cleveland and Panthers did that. I give the Steelers a slight edge because of the running game and the Bucs average run defense.

The Tampa 2 is dying a slow death. Most OC's have come up with ways to gameplan around it successfully. There's more than a few weaknesses in the scheme.

SteelCityMom
09-25-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm always a little worried on gamedays...no win is a given for any team.

I like their chances though...as long as they aren't turning the ball over I think they'll do well. Having Starks back (probably) will definitely help the offenses chances too.

Doug
09-25-2010, 02:20 PM
The Tampa 2 is dying a slow death. Most OC's have come up with ways to gameplan around it successfully. There's more than a few weaknesses in the scheme.

The Bucs have rarely used the T2 this year. I think in week 1 we ran one Tampa 2 play. It's pretty much a hybrid of multiple things. Hell, even most fans and media don't even know what to call it.

mikegrimey
09-25-2010, 02:29 PM
I think you're confusing Batch with Tommy Maddox against the Jaguars in 05.

ZoneBlitzer
09-25-2010, 02:33 PM
The thing that concerns me is that no longer is the defense under the radar. People predicted the Titans over the Steelers in a relative romp, myself included. Although, I did say that the only chance they had was to be at least plus 3 on the turnover ratio - little did I know it would be plus 6!

Anyhow, I think the Bucs will really know what to expect from the defense and may have a few wrinkles prepared. Fear is also a great motivating factor for a team as well. If I saw the tape of what Pittsburgh did to the Titans, I would be very afraid and then gameplan like hell to avoid the same embarrassing outcome.

LukesDad88
09-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Injury is what concerns me. We could lose tomorrow and we still completely control our own destiny. While I know that every single game matters, some matter more than others, and a non-conference game matters a whole lot less than the divisional showdown next week. That game is far more important. I'd hate to lose somebody important like Troy or James tomorrow win or lose.

scsteeler
09-25-2010, 04:30 PM

Ward will have a heck of a Day along with Miller. The middle of the field will be open in that Tampa 2.

AMERICAN MUSCLE
09-25-2010, 05:26 PM
Ward will have a heck of a Day along with Miller. The middle of the field will be open in that Tampa 2.

Did you forget who was the starting QB? If Ben was back, I would agree with you. But, COME ON! It's Chucky Batch....

lionslicer
09-25-2010, 05:29 PM

Yeah thats why the Browns and Panthers had so much success :noidea:
And don't give me any stats... I hate when people do that. You can get great stats in the first half and totally fail in the 2nd half, which is what each team did against the Bucs.
I would usually say the Browns and Panthers offenses are lackluster, but have you seen the Steelers offense? I'm just saying just because it's the Bucs, its not gonna be some 21-3 blowout.

SteelCityMom
09-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Did you forget who was the starting QB? If Ben was back, I would agree with you. But, COME ON! It's Chucky Batch....

I feel better with Batch back there than I do with Dixon. Dixon has more trouble reading defenses and is more prone to allow TO's. He's not a horrible QB at all, just expect a lot of dinking and dunking because he's not known for his long ball (which is why if anyone has a big day on offense it will be Ward and Miller).

Of course Batch is prone to breaking...so that does make me nervous too.

AMERICAN MUSCLE
09-25-2010, 05:35 PM
And don't give me any stats... I hate when people do that. You can get great stats in the first half and totally fail in the 2nd half, which is what each team did against the Bucs.
I would usually say the Browns and Panthers offenses are lackluster, but have you seen the Steelers offense? I'm just saying just because it's the Bucs, its not gonna be some 21-3 blowout.

To be honest with you, I've watched the Steelers- Titans game 3 times this week to see how Charlie Batch and your defense has been playing. He didn't look all that bad IMO. He threw the ball with accuracy and they were thrown with authority. The problem was his recievers. Too many dropped passes. If they can correct the drops... I think he will have some success.

Steelerfreak58
09-25-2010, 05:40 PM
With the defense playing the way they are all we need is Charlie to make one TD and some field goals should carry the win. That young QB for Tampa hasn't seen the heat and pressure the Steeler D can generate.

Expect 7 to 14 points from our D alone. Troy is going to have a field day against their QB.

fat4jc
09-25-2010, 07:11 PM
I don't get all the hate on Batch, I feel more comfortable with him back there than with Leftwich or Dixon. Possibly even combined. I get the injury prone thing, but c'mon give the guy a break. If he stands upright, I'm banking on 210 yards and a TD. What I'm more worried about is being SO predictable on 1st and 2nd downs that force us into 3rd and long. That's the recipe for 43 yards passing.

Hayeksheroes
09-25-2010, 07:11 PM
Is the sun not going to come up? What are you worried about? Even if the Steelers lose, they got another game next week.

Hobbes
09-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Batch just has to hand off the ball and manage the game and not mess up field position. He is better at reading defenses than Dennis Dixon is and moves around in the pocket a little unlike Leftoversandwich. His job is to not mess up so the defense can kick Josh Freeman's butt all over the field. He won't know what hit him. As long as Batch doesn't try to throw that weak out route he throws for a pick six, this game should be a win for the Steelers. If not, then we are still 2-1 which no one expected at this point. No worries.

OMG Leftoversandwich lol that is better than "leadfoot Leftwich"
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

kirklandrules
09-25-2010, 09:02 PM
I guess I just want someone to tell me it's going to be alright...... :confused:

It's going to be alright. Batch made some very good throws in last week's game and our receivers let him down. I don't think that will happen two weeks in a row. Also, I've seen Batch throw some pretty deep passes so I wouldn't think he's going to only throw 5 yard hooks. And hey, we beat Atlanta and Tennessee and the Bucs beat the Brownies and the Panthers. Let's face it ... there's a huge difference in the quality of opponents. The Browns and Panthers flat out suck.

jjpro11
09-25-2010, 09:41 PM
i am nervous.. you kinda have to be since it's the 4th string QB starting.. the oline certainly isn't the greatest, and behind Batch you have gimpy and a career WR who last started at QB in college.

all that said, i think Batch is definitely the smarter QB than both Leftwich and Dixon. the problem is while Dixon and Leftwich don't have good awareness, they can sometimes make up for it with athletic ability (Dixon) and arm strength (Leftwich)... Batch is slow and doesn't have a strong arm.. so if the oline breaks down or if Batch misjudges the coverage on a tight throw, chances are he is going to pay for it, while the other two have the ability to get away with it.

Fire Arians
09-26-2010, 02:26 AM
actually more confident about this game than last game. i feel way better about batch starting than dixon.

with that said though, any given sunday. not taking it for granted but i think we match up well vs tampa

Fire Arians
09-26-2010, 02:28 AM

browns and panthers lack of success could be due to the fact they probably have bar none the worst qb's in the league in delhomme and matt moore. an average JV high school football team could shut those jokers down.

and yes id take even randle el as my starting qb over delhomme, at least i know randle el won't throw 7 interceptions in a game

ricardisimo
09-26-2010, 02:34 AM
It was less than a year ago that we lost to the Raiders, Chiefs and Browns. http://smiliesftw.com/x/suicide.gif

Tampa Bay, on the other hand, looks like a halfway decent team who are 2-0... which means we're going to walk all over them.

No, I'm not worried.

MikeHaullace
09-26-2010, 02:40 AM
It was less than a year ago that we lost to the Raiders, Chiefs and Browns. http://smiliesftw.com/x/suicide.gif

Tampa Bay, on the other hand, looks like a halfway decent team who are 2-0... which means we're going to walk all over them.

No, I'm not worried.

You forgot the Bears part of the story.

SoCalFan
09-26-2010, 02:40 AM
Stack the box and force them to pass,GAME OVER!!! Not worried...

MikeHaullace
09-26-2010, 03:00 AM
Stack the box and force them to pass,GAME OVER!!! Not worried...

Yeah. Pretty much this.

Wallace108
09-26-2010, 03:50 AM
I don't get all the hate on Batch, I feel more comfortable with him back there than with Leftwich or Dixon. Possibly even combined. I get the injury prone thing, but c'mon give the guy a break. If he stands upright, I'm banking on 210 yards and a TD. What I'm more worried about is being SO predictable on 1st and 2nd downs that force us into 3rd and long. That's the recipe for 43 yards passing.

I agree. I never understood the Batch hate either. :noidea:
Whenever he's played, he's done well ... the problem is that he can't stay healthy.

There was a reason why we started throwing the ball downfield more when Batch came in last week. They have more confidence in his ability than they do Dixon's. The drops didn't help though. I look for our offense to be much improved against the Bucs. I say we drop close to 30 points on them (unless Batch breaks something early on).

Hi5Steeler
09-26-2010, 03:58 AM
i am nervous.. you kinda have to be since it's the 4th string QB starting..

First off only fags get nervous. Man up.

Second off Charlie Batch could EASILY be the second string QB on about three quarters of the teams in the NFL. again... MAN UP.

Notice I did not call out the poster NOR did I call him a FAG.

But if this were real life.... the situation WOULD change.

ricardisimo
09-26-2010, 05:28 AM

Second off Charlie Batch could EASILY be the second string QB on about three quarters of the teams in the NFL. again... MAN UP.

Did you all notice just how nervous he looks when he issues the disclaimer within his own post? How faggy is that?

zulater
09-26-2010, 06:54 AM
Did you all notice just how nervous he looks when he issues the disclaimer within his own post? How faggy is that?

:rofl::toofunny:

zulater
09-26-2010, 06:57 AM
Of course 'm somehwat worried. It's the NFL any team can give you a hard time, particualry in it's own building. Plus the Steelers are coming off two physically intense games in a row, and have the Ravens waiting for them next week. this one has trap game written all over it.

I think the Steelers will win, but I don't think it will be pretty or easy.

jjpro11
09-26-2010, 07:24 AM

then i guess 3/4 of the players in NFL are fags... and nearly every pro MMA fighter. are you not human or something?

ricardisimo
09-26-2010, 02:36 PM
then i guess 3/4 of the players in NFL are fags... and nearly every pro MMA fighter. are you not human or something?
Gay is the new straight... or something like that.

GoSixburgh
09-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Nah. I'm not worried ;D