PDA

View Full Version : Corney...should be against rules

SteelKnight
09-25-2010, 02:43 PM
So yesterday the Dolphins signed a Jets player that was released.

That's wrong. They are about to play the Jets this week. This seems fishy to me. Teams should not be allowed to sign a player who was last on your next opponents team.

Maybe a coincidence but I doubt it. IDK.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
09-25-2010, 05:05 PM
Thats sounds to be about one of the dumbest rule perposals I've heard. If a team releases a player he is free to go to any team he choses. Thats the whole point of being a "free" agent.

lionslicer
09-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Thats sounds to be about one of the dumbest rule perposals I've heard. If a team releases a player he is free to go to any team he choses. Thats the whole point of being a "free" agent.

His point is that the player from the Jets knows the plays and signal calls and all that stuff, so it will give the Dolphins an upper hand.

Teams do this all the time, its not a coincidence. Especially division rivals. I've actually heard the NFL has considered this type of rule, but I really haven't heard much from it. NFL teams sends scouts to other teams games all the time to learn hand signals and certain formations, and though it is cheating, there's no way to stop it. So I doubt they'll make a rule for this.

SteelKnight
09-26-2010, 03:47 AM
His point is that the player from the Jets knows the plays and signal calls and all that stuff, so it will give the Dolphins an upper hand.

Teams do this all the time, its not a coincidence. Especially division rivals. I've actually heard the NFL has considered this type of rule, but I really haven't heard much from it. NFL teams sends scouts to other teams games all the time to learn hand signals and certain formations, and though it is cheating, there's no way to stop it. So I doubt they'll make a rule for this.

Glad you followed what i was saying. It would not be that tough of a rule. If they wanted him, they could have taken him last week or they could wait until Monday. That is fair.

Wallace108
09-26-2010, 03:59 AM
I remember the Jags used to do that to us all the time when they were in our division. Drove me nuts.

SteelKnight
09-26-2010, 04:08 AM
I remember the Jags used to do that to us all the time when they were in our division. Drove me nuts.

Wouldn't you go nuts if the Browns signed Willie Parker right before our game?

Then again, we have changed our run blocking and I'm sure Parker can't reproduce the pass sections of the playbook.

I kinda feel bad for him. I hope some NFC team gives him a chance. LJ was cut too. The Redskins toyed with both of them. (I know it is a tangent but this thread has been dying).

For RBs you have to cash in big on your second contract. For your first one you will get screwed as a rookie (age 22-26)

second (26, 27, 28, 29)-cash in.

When you hit 30, they don't want you any more. This is why I don't blame CJ2K for renegotiating.

If they saved well, there should be nothing wrong retiring with healthy bones and a healthy brain at age 30.

Shea
09-26-2010, 10:37 PM
Hasn't Belliprick been doing this for years?