PDA

View Full Version : QBs on the roster after week 4

ETL
09-25-2010, 09:54 PM
Who will be the two QBs on the roster behind Ben after week 4?

All the backup seem to be injury prone and I don't see us keeping 4 QBs. Someone needs to get cut.

I say keep Dixon and Leftwich. Not anything against Batch but if (and a big if) all 3 guys are healthy I say dix and left give us the best chance.

pancake
09-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Depends on how Dixon is doing in his rehab.

MikeHaullace
09-25-2010, 11:37 PM
I am willing to stick with Batch through 1 more injury. Hopefully, that won't come any time soon.

I like Lefty over Dixon. 3 weeks ago, it was the other way around.

SteelCityMom
09-25-2010, 11:42 PM
Dixon is supposed to be out 6 weeks, so I'm going to assume that it will go Ben, then Lefty, then Batch.

MikeHaullace
09-25-2010, 11:47 PM
Dixon is supposed to be out 6 weeks, so I'm going to assume that it will go Ben, then Lefty, then Batch.

This is probably the right answer.

ETL
09-26-2010, 12:02 AM

So does that mean that they will put Dix on IR? If they don't then they will need to cut him and some other team can pick him up.

SteelCityMom
09-26-2010, 12:09 AM
So does that mean that they will put Dix on IR? If they don't then they will need to cut him and some other team can pick him up.

The way things are going with QB's it wouldn't surprise me if they kept them all on the roster for most if not all of the season.

DanRooney
09-26-2010, 12:57 AM

Nobody wants Dixon. He did nothing to prove he was worth a damn in his 2-game tryout for the league.

ETL
09-26-2010, 01:08 AM
Nobody wants Dixon. He did nothing to prove he was worth a damn in his 2-game tryout for the league.

I disagree. He was efficient in the first game albeit an ugly interception was thrown and he is able to use his running as a threat - something that Batch and Leftwich cannot do.

He just needs more time to develop.

DanRooney
09-26-2010, 01:23 AM
I disagree. He was efficient in the first game albeit an ugly interception was thrown and he is able to use his running as a threat - something that Batch and Leftwich cannot do.

He just needs more time to develop.

That one ugly inception was nearly 4 ugly interceptions, 2 of them to linemen. I've noticed that's a trend for him since throwing the one against the Ravens last season.

I can't express how bad a passer Dixon is. The guy can't even throw to the sidelines. He has no zip to his ball and throws this hideous lollipop pass. And before you go on about Arians, he wasn't handcuffing him...he was catering too him. It was pretty obvious seeing all of his 5 yard passes in the middle of the field that helped him be so 'efficient.'

He'll be nothing more than a backup on any team. There is no trade value with him whatsoever.

Dixon=Troy Smith=Pat White=Tavaris Jackson=bums.