PDA

View Full Version : batch

fer522
09-26-2010, 12:50 PM
so Batch can't run ha? i thought i was looking at Barry Sanders there for a second :wave: :rofl:
:tt03:

fer522
09-26-2010, 02:56 PM
in all honesty i was not expecting what he did today even though he threw those picks he still in my opinion managed the game very well and IF he plays the same way against Baltimore we should be able to beat them
NO PROBLEM

Kanata-Steeler
09-26-2010, 02:58 PM
so Batch can't run ha? i thought i was looking at Barry Sanders there for a second :wave: :rofl:
:tt03:

Batch is ok, if ARIENS would stop interfering and just let Charlie "manage" team, and the Steelers' will do the rest,....
This should be a DEEEEEEP lesson for BA and BEN !
watch, listen, and learn !

I luv my smash-mouth Steelers again, and again and again.
this 3-0 game just PROVED IT ALL.

:tt04:

Steelerfreak58
09-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Played out of his skull. Bless him!

chacha
09-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Charlie's my new hero!!

Kanata-Steeler
09-26-2010, 03:04 PM
I want Charlie to play in our 7th Superbowl drive.-which looks really good right now wooohooo.
gawd, I honestly hope so.
freegin old warhorse deserves that treat !

GL to you Charlie.

shinoff2183
09-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Ill eat my words. I hated the idea of batch playing, but shit he slapped me in the face with this game. I must say I am a little more confident going into next week. Only thing I didnt like were those two picks(maybe a third if that defender didnt hand it to wallace), but honestly that could happen to ben. So all in all good game batch.

SH-Rock
09-26-2010, 05:30 PM
After Batch retires, he should become our Offensive Coordinator

lionslicer
09-26-2010, 06:24 PM
After Batch retires, he should become our Offensive Coordinator

He'll never retire. As long as the Steelers keep resigning him, he'll be 50 on the sidelines still in uniform lol... He'll also make more money as a player than a quarterback coach. You can't just start as an offensive coordinator.

SH-Rock
09-26-2010, 06:47 PM
He's like our quarterback coach right now. He's always with Ben when deciding on what play, but he doesn't get the criticism or praise

lionslicer
09-26-2010, 06:55 PM
He's like our quarterback coach right now. He's always with Ben when deciding on what play, but he doesn't get the criticism or praise

You're somewhat correct, after the old quarterback coach retired, the steelers just put the recievers coach as quarterbacks coach, so essentually Batch has more experience, and Batch is older.

zulater
09-27-2010, 01:08 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/writers/peter_king/09/26/Week3/insiders-week3-tx1.jpg

Batch tries to make his dream last one more week. A month ago, Charlie Batch was the Steelers' fourth quarterback. He faced an uncertain future, even with Roethlisberger suspended for the first four weeks, because the Steelers might have chosen to start the season with only Byron Leftwich and Dennis Dixon as quarterbacks, leaving him on the street. One of the most philanthropic players in the league, Batch runs a summer basketball league for the kids in the hardscrabble, gang-ridden area of town where he grew up, trying to keep kids from meeting the same fate his sister met in 1997 -- when she was murdered as an innocent bystander in the crossfire between rival gangs.

All Batch wanted, really, was one chance to shine for the team he grew up worshiping. Sunday in Tampa, he got it. Taking advantage of an injury to Leftwich to stick on the opening day roster, and then an injury to Dixon last week to become the starter, Batch used the entire playbook instead of the slimmed-down game plan Dixon had been using. He threw deep to Mike Wallace twice, connecting on 46- and 41-yard touchdowns --once beating the son of former Steeler assistant Russ Grimm, rookie safety Cody Grimm -- among his three scoring passes.

"Honestly, I didn't think I'd ever get a chance for another start here,'' Batch told me from Tampa. "But what was great today was we had everything in the game plan, and we were going to take our shots downfield early. We were just trying to open it up, because we weren't playing us, honestly. And before the game, Mike [Wallace] said to me, 'Give me an opportunity, Chuck. Throw it up there for me.' We decided that if 35 [Grimm] ever turned his back to me, I was putting it up there.''

That's exactly what happened on one of the TD bombs to Wallace. Batch put it up for Wallace, and Grimm lost the ball, and Wallace won it in the end zone. Just like the Steelers drew it up.

"Game ball goes to Chuck,'' said coach Mike Tomlin after the game, tossing him the ball.

Sweetest words he's heard in years. Now he'll have to stare down the barrel of Ray Lewis, and the 3-0 Steelers will have to beat Baltimore to come out of their Ben-less period undefeated.

Not to keep you hanging, but in tomorrow's column I'll update you on what Roethlisberger's been doing while suspended.
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/09/26/Week3/index.html#ixzz10kqdU1Ff

whatdoiknow
09-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Batch did okay. But lets remember, Tampa is NOT a great QB pressure team. And Charlie on both of those Wallace TD's were vastly underthrown. Batch got a little too ****y, and his second Interception was worse than ANY Dixon pass ever thrown. Lucky for us up as we were it did not hurt us. Batch cannot do that against Baltimore, or we will lose. Also, when Ben comes back, we WILL throw more often. And we should to. We don't pay Ben what we do for him to hand the ball off.