PDA

View Full Version : Ike taylor hands......

Ruffneck525
09-26-2010, 04:22 PM
I am happy for the victory and how the defense is playing but i told you guys Ike taylor can't catch!!..

theplatypus
09-26-2010, 04:28 PM
This isn't exactly breaking news.

MikeHaullace
09-26-2010, 04:33 PM
... Ike taylor can't catch!!..

This is a repeat from 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, & 2003.

Fire Arians
09-26-2010, 04:35 PM
This is a repeat from 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, & 2003.

lol so true. he's got the dwight hands of stone

StainlessStill
09-26-2010, 04:41 PM
If Ike Taylor can catch a football, he'd be an All-Pro. When was the last pick he had? Super Bowl XL?:noidea::wink02:

SteelKnight
09-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah. I'm starting to think the Steelers might just let him go. They will look for either Lewis or Gay to step up.

Gay looks good now that he is not a starter. He is a keeper as a nickel back...so maybe Lewis or Butler claims the spot but Ike is gone.

theplatypus
09-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Yeah. I'm starting to think the Steelers might just let him go. They will look for either Lewis or Gay to step up.

Gay looks good now that he is not a starter. He is a keeper as a nickel back...so maybe Lewis or Butler claims the spot but Ike is gone.

They're not letting Ike go.

bigchuck
09-26-2010, 05:33 PM
steelers will let ike go cause he cant catch? i could see that being the case if he played WR but hes a DB and a good one at that. sure he cant catch but he is a very good tackler and a good coverage guy. gay looks good because he is a nickel back and is half the player ike is. lewis and butler arent nearly on the same level as ike.

StainlessStill
09-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Other than his hands, Ike's been one of the most underrated defensive players in our systems for years. People forget he is one of the best cover corners in the league and has shutout the best of them over the years.

MasterOfPuppets
09-26-2010, 05:41 PM
if ike could catch he'd be a receiver instead of a cornerback ..:noidea:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb87/Death_Knight_album/captain_obvious.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f230/TaleWorlds/captain_obvious.jpg

steelax04
09-26-2010, 05:41 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/rkvvk5.jpg

SteelKnight
09-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Other than his hands, Ike's been one of the most underrated defensive players in our systems for years. People forget he is one of the best cover corners in the league and has shutout the best of them over the years.

As you might remember, I've been one of Ike's biggest supporters. The problem is if you want 5 million/year (and you will hit 30), you have to catch balls like that. His other problem is Troy, Woodley, Timmons, Colon, and Reed are all due to discuss contracts after the season.

I hope we can keep him but if we let him go, I'll understand the move.

Steel_Bus_24
09-26-2010, 06:07 PM
As you might remember, I've been one of Ike's biggest supporters. The problem is if you want 5 million/year (and you will hit 30), you have to catch balls like that. His other problem is Troy, Woodley, Timmons, Colon, and Reed are all due to discuss contracts after the season.

I hope we can keep him but if we let him go, I'll understand the move.

I agree

Butler is going to step up if it comes to that

I don't even want to think about losing Woodley or Timmons....those guys just fit the Steelers mold so well

SteelKnight
09-26-2010, 06:15 PM
I agree

Butler is going to step up if it comes to that

I don't even want to think about losing Woodley or Timmons....those guys just fit the Steelers mold so well

I agree. Woodley has grown on me this season. Before I thought of him mostly as a pass rusher so I was thinking Worilds or Gibson might be able to come in and do that. In these 3 games, I've been seeing him do great against the run and dropping back into zone coverages more. He would be hard to replace. I hope we keep him.

Timmons is a beast.

After seeing how bad that NO kicker is, I hope we keep Reed. How hard should it be to resign a kicker. He deserves top 5 money...give it to him.

Colon. I don't know where they go. Flozelle has been playing well they may choose to let Flozelle play next year and draft an OT to develop. Maybe Chis Scott will have some skills.

Troy is a lock...thank God. A player like him probably understands legacy. It is greater to retire on one team. You can do more after you retire. As much as people love Woodson, e would have been more loved now had he retired with one team (Steelers fault I know...but).

ZoneBlitzer
09-26-2010, 06:22 PM
I am happy for the victory and how the defense is playing but i told you guys Ike taylor can't catch!!..

If Reed can make the commitment to hone his craft and get the ball into the endzone, Ike can spend extra time learning how to catch.

mikegrimey
09-26-2010, 07:53 PM
If Reed can make the commitment to hone his craft and get the ball into the endzone, Ike can spend extra time learning how to catch.

Don't think it's ever gonna happen man. It's not like Ike is a lazy player who doesn't work on skill stuff, he just can't catch worth a damn. Suppossedly people have been trying to help him with this since way way back in the day, just not going to happen.

btaylor
09-26-2010, 08:01 PM
ike couldnt catch a cold......not much of a tackler either

btaylor
09-26-2010, 08:05 PM
dont throw it to stone hands

SteelKnight
09-27-2010, 12:06 AM

He should have spent the whole off season at some Jerry Rice camp...really. They should make him spend time with the WR coaches.

LOL

I just had a funny thought. Since Ike is so fast, he should be our punt returner. lol:sofunny:

SteelCurtain0815
09-27-2010, 03:29 AM
Ike is so drastically underrated. He is a shutdown corner and I don't care if he can catch or not. I can live with a dropped int, but what I can't live with is our corner getting beat time and time again for long plays. Ike rarely ever gives that up. Honestly, there is only two corners I would swap for Ike. Revis and Asomugha. I love his attitude and fire he brings to the team. He's not going to back down from anyone. I really hope they keep him around, because he will be a huge loss if he walks and you all will realize that.