PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap, how good is this team exactly?

Fire Arians
09-26-2010, 03:32 PM
I know it's a little early in the season, but the teams we beat this year have been dominant in all their games except when they played us.

Atlanta just took down the defending champs at their house, Tennessee continued to look tough dominating the giants in NY. Tampa bay is an up and coming team that should bounce back.

And we don't even have ben back yet. Starting to look like a 'super' season already? :tt02:

StainlessStill
09-26-2010, 03:35 PM
I honestly think even with playing all our QB's weekly, including a 3rd and 4th string, that we looked like the best team in the NFL considering the competition and consistency weekly. We now see how days could go if we eek out just a LITTLE bit of offense. This team is "SUPER" scary!

Steel_Bus_24
09-26-2010, 03:44 PM
If the team gets behind Ben and we our unified, then barring injury, we're going to be really tough to beat

The thing is, once Ben gets back, we need to stick with the same gameplan and not get all pass happy

Ben isn't going to be up to speed anyways,so we should continue to play smashmouth and let Ben do the damage on PA

StainlessStill
09-26-2010, 03:53 PM
If the team gets behind Ben and we our unified, then barring injury, we're going to be really tough to beat

The thing is, once Ben gets back, we need to stick with the same gameplan and not get all pass happy

Ben isn't going to be up to speed anyways,so we should continue to play smashmouth and let Ben do the damage on PA

The way Mendenhall is running and getting that HUGE burst, this could be the kind of scary balance that the Rooney's yelled out for in the off-season. I'm seriously sitting here having wet-dreams of what this team could be like once 7 returns. Anticipation is killer. BRING ON BALTIMORE in our house.

Spinlcrack
09-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Agreed. The O-line was very good today. They opened holes and protected well. Team played Steeler football. I hope it's not forgotten come week 6.

MasterOfPuppets
09-26-2010, 04:14 PM
not to be a debbie downer, but i seem to recall people being pretty excited when they were 6-2 last year ..... not so much at 6-7 ....:noidea:

Fire Arians
09-26-2010, 04:16 PM
not to be a debbie downer, but i seem to recall people being pretty excited when they were 6-2 last year ..... not so much at 6-7 ....:noidea:

true but we didn't lose polamalu or smith for the season yet, so i'm a lot more optimistic than last year lol

SteelCityMom
09-26-2010, 04:16 PM

:smack:

Thou shalt not speak the jinxy words!

lionslicer
09-26-2010, 04:17 PM

Exactly. Ben could throw 4 interceptions in his first game against the Browns, and totally screw up the rest of the season.

StainlessStill
09-26-2010, 04:18 PM

H-E-A-L-T-H. If we can stay fairly healthy, then we are a Super Bowl contender. We lost all of our games last year by 7 points or less because of missing ingredients. We have Timmons catching on and 100% healthy, Troy, Smith and even B-mac making a difference. 2 TD's allowed in 3 games ( all garbage.) Health is key.

Steel_Bus_24
09-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Exactly. Ben could throw 4 interceptions in his first game against the Browns, and totally screw up the rest of the season.

thats why we have to stick to the gameplan we're using now and slowly ramp it up some as he gets back into the flow f things

Steel_Bus_24
09-26-2010, 04:21 PM
H-E-A-L-T-H. If we can stay fairly healthy, then we are a Super Bowl contender. We lost all of our games last year by 7 points or less because of missing ingredients. We have Timmons catching on and 100% healthy, Troy, Smith and even B-mac making a difference. 2 TD's allowed in 3 games ( all garbage.) Health is key.

another underrated return that we didn't have last year.....glad hes back in the black and gold

mikegrimey
09-26-2010, 07:06 PM
I don't know how good we are yet, it is still too early.

I was happy to see us finally blow out a team less talented than us, I can't remember the last blowout we had in a meaningful game (maybe the opener vs. The Texans in 08).
I wouldn't go so far as to say every team we've played has looked "dominant" outside of playing us.
The Falcons narrowly beat the Saints (who missed an easy game winning FG in OT and plus, they're division rivals, you'd expect those games to be close). The Bucs came back from 11 down to beat the Browns and the giants gave the Titans the W today.

The Ravens will be a big test. They're offense hasn't been clicking too good but that won't matter when it comes to playing us, the game is going to be our toughest of the season, we'll see for real if our o-line is any better, Peyton Hills ran all over B-more today so I'm hoping we can generate that kind of ground game. If we can we have better receivers to exploit the Raven's passing D with.
Always look forward to Steelers/Ravens, the matchup rarely disappoints.

Curtain_of_Steel
09-26-2010, 07:17 PM
Ben could toss 4 ints in game 6, and I would start him week 7 too.

As Stainless just said, its all about being healthy.

We can be no less than tied for first when BB comes back, who would've thought that 3 months ago.

Hirsch
09-26-2010, 07:23 PM
We can be no less than tied for first when BB comes back, who would've thought that 3 months ago.[/QUOTE]

Not me I would have been :chuckle: happy at 2-2

ZoneBlitzer
09-27-2010, 01:30 AM
Steelers haven't done a thing yet. It's a solid start. But it's a marathon not a sprint. There's a long way to go...

ricardisimo
09-27-2010, 02:32 AM
Steelers haven't done a thing yet. It's a solid start. But it's a marathon not a sprint. There's a long way to go...
I beg to differ. As the OP stated, the teams we've beaten all won their other two games convincingly. If our first three games were against Buffalo, Cleveland and Detroit, you'd have a point. We've played lights out so far against good teams. They might be great teams by season's end... We might be playing Atlanta one more time this season, for example. :applaudit: