PDA

View Full Version : This made me chuckle

theplatypus
09-26-2010, 03:46 PM
I was reading a bucs board and saw this post.

Our defense has just been outclassed by a senior citizen. I seriously cannot believe this. What is going on?

Charlie Batch? Really? REALLY?????

:sofunny:

Fire Arians
09-26-2010, 03:47 PM
they must not follow the steelers, because i've been saying all along charlie batch is no joke. as long as our o-line can hold him upright he's every bit as dangerous as ben imo

of course the big worry is that he needs better blocking from the o-line because he's not as durable or elusive. but the o-line did their job today

StainlessStill
09-26-2010, 03:58 PM
^^ This. I was most comfortable with Charlie over Leftwhich or Dixon. With the offense's capabilities of gameplan with a whole week around the ability of Batch, we were bound to break out. Charlie is a weapon and he unleashed it today. The senior citizen still got it! Has been so solid for us since 2002. What a great player to have around.

If he can go out and beat Baltimore next week, then I think Charlie earned his spot next season by default as a Pittsburgh Steeler and beyond.:helmet:

MasterOfPuppets
09-26-2010, 04:09 PM
this is the own that cracked me up ...:sofunny:

anybody thrown anything at the TV yet?

Posted Today, 02:59 PM
I threw a beer at the TV, but someone caught it and took it to the house across the street.

theplatypus
09-26-2010, 04:30 PM
this is the own that cracked me up ...

Quote:
anybody thrown anything at the TV yet?

Quote:
Posted Today, 02:59 PM
I threw a beer at the TV, but someone caught it and took it to the house across the street.

lmao

SteelKnight
09-26-2010, 04:36 PM
^^ This. I was most comfortable with Charlie over Leftwhich or Dixon. With the offense's capabilities of gameplan with a whole week around the ability of Batch, we were bound to break out. Charlie is a weapon and he unleashed it today. The senior citizen still got it! Has been so solid for us since 2002. What a great player to have around.

If he can go out and beat Baltimore next week, then I think Charlie earned his spot next season by default as a Pittsburgh Steeler and beyond.:helmet:

Before that last pick I was thinking the same thing.

If he wins at Baltimore next week, Leftwich may be in trouble. He's been saying how much he loves the organization but...

The ideal thing would be to trade Dixon. He has some talent but I'm sure he does not want to spend his career sitting on our bench and we don't have the type of team to waste a year developing him. We are not going to offer him a big contract. A team like Buffalo or Carolina might like a Dennis Dixon. They can waste this season developing him and he can be ready by next season.

Leftwich can serve as #2 and Batch as #3. We really don't need Dixon.

StainlessStill
09-26-2010, 04:40 PM

If he wins at Baltimore next week, Leftwich may be in trouble. He's been saying how much he loves the organization but...

The ideal thing would be to trade Dixon. He has some talent but I'm sure he does not want to spend his career sitting on our bench and we don't have the type of team to waste a year developing him. We are not going to offer him a big contract. A team like Buffalo or Carolina might like a Dennis Dixon. They can waste this season developing him and he can be ready by next season.

I don't want to think about next year, but it's looking like Ben, Batch, Leftwhich thus far. Hell, Dixon can be put on IR the rest of the year when Ben returns. Dixon will def compete, but I agree that he should have opportunity elsewhere when all said and done but it's too early to tell.

SteelKnight
09-26-2010, 04:49 PM
I don't want to think about next year, but it's looking like Ben, Batch, Leftwhich thus far. Hell, Dixon can be put on IR the rest of the year when Ben returns. Dixon will def compete, but I agree that he should have opportunity elsewhere when all said and done but it's too early to tell.

Yeah...I like the kid. Why should he waste his career behind Ben? Also he does us no good as a #3 because they work with the scout team and do stupid things like that. A #2 at least gets to continue to master the playbook and work with the second team.

I was referring to this year when Ben comes back in 8 days. If they will not let Dixon be #2 and continue to develop with our playbook, they should try to trade him to Buffalo or Carolina.

That IR thing is convenient to delay the decision but nobody will be hurt badly enough for that.

jjpro11
09-26-2010, 04:53 PM
i think the Steelers will carry only 2 QBs and use ARE as an emergency third. Leftwich could get cut and Dixon should be placed on IR.

SteelKnight
09-26-2010, 05:04 PM
i think the Steelers will carry only 2 QBs and use ARE as an emergency third. Leftwich could get cut and Dixon should be placed on IR.

Dixon's meniscus injury is minor...like 3 weeks. Beenie Wells had the same surgery I think.

The Steelers will carry 3 QBs.

Thinking of teams that overuse the IR to protect players, last time I looked the Raven had like 8 players on IR. We only have 2.

zulater
09-26-2010, 05:20 PM
There was a play that made me literally lol. Ward went in motion and ended up in position to block #91 I think it was on the leftt side of the line, anyway Ward goes to block this big behometh ( the play was a Mendenhall run around RE for good yardage) and the guy pulled up and just quit on the play.:toofunny: Big bad DE or LB and he's afraid to engage itty bitty Hines. :sofunny:

stb_steeler
09-26-2010, 05:21 PM

Is it just me or does it seem Charlie plays relaxed. The others seem to have to scramble all the time. Its like he has a force field around him.

jjpro11
09-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Dixon's meniscus injury is minor...like 3 weeks. Beenie Wells had the same surgery I think.

The Steelers will carry 3 QBs.

Thinking of teams that overuse the IR to protect players, last time I looked the Raven had like 8 players on IR. We only have 2.

didn't we just do this with Batch a couple years ago?

lionslicer
09-26-2010, 07:14 PM
didn't we just do this with Batch a couple years ago?

Batch had an actual season ending injury and we needed the roster room.

cloppbeast
09-26-2010, 08:45 PM

I got surgery for a torn meniscus on Friday and left for a weekend in Atlantic City right afterwards.

MasterOfPuppets
09-26-2010, 08:50 PM
I got surgery for a torn meniscus on Friday and left for a weekend in Atlantic City right afterwards.
wow...thats risky ... one big hit in your repaired knee by a slot machine , coulda ended your gambling career ....:popcorn:

Haiku_Dirtt
09-26-2010, 09:11 PM
they must not follow the steelers, because i've been saying all along charlie batch is no joke. as long as our o-line can hold him upright he's every bit as dangerous as ben imo

of course the big worry is that he needs better blocking from the o-line because he's not as durable or elusive. but the o-line did their job today

They did their job. The Pittsburgh Steelers destroyed the myth that you need an astro-class o-line to win the Super Bowl. Calling plays that gets everyone blocking is key.

Seeing Batch abandon the pocket left me euphoric and nauseous at the same time. He only has 4 quarters left to prove his durability. ARE does what ARE does but Ray Lewis does what Lewis does. Going to the fifth and sixth slot on the QB depth chart might be stretching our luck.

And let's not forget our "Arians called what? DOH!" OF THE WEEK Does anybody else hate when we run reverses? Since my phone is off the hook and Bruce can't get a hold of me allow me to suggest to him this: When the wideouts are handing off to each other in the backfield will you please instruct the last one to throw down field. The obligatory loss of yardage and down seem hand and hand with our reverses.

SteelKnight
09-26-2010, 10:59 PM
They did their job. The Pittsburgh Steelers destroyed the myth that you need an astro-class o-line to win the Super Bowl. Calling plays that gets everyone blocking is key.

Seeing Batch abandon the pocket left me euphoric and nauseous at the same time. He only has 4 quarters left to prove his durability. ARE does what ARE does but Ray Lewis does what Lewis does. Going to the fifth and sixth slot on the QB depth chart might be stretching our luck.

And let's not forget our "Arians called what? DOH!" OF THE WEEK Does anybody else hate when we run reverses? Since my phone is off the hook and Bruce can't get a hold of me allow me to suggest to him this: When the wideouts are handing off to each other in the backfield will you please instruct the last one to throw down field. The obligatory loss of yardage and down seem hand and hand with our reverses.

I hate reverses too but I think he is trying to set up for a gadget play in the future against a good team. They will say "I recognize this reverse"...jump on it and Randel El will hit Wallace deep. He's saving it.

Wallace108
09-26-2010, 11:03 PM
this is the own that cracked me up ...:sofunny:

I don't believe in alcohol abuse. I'll throw a lot of things when I'm mad ... beer ain't one of them. :drink:

Pittsburgh43
09-27-2010, 12:14 AM
Saw this on the Bucs forum.

"leaving the game i wanted to run over all of the pittsburgh fans. I think I was 1 of the 148 bucs fans at the game today. Pretty pathetic showing. Maybe next time. "

We Are Steelers Nation!!

:tt03:

DanRooney
09-27-2010, 12:22 AM
as long as our o-line can hold him upright he's every bit as dangerous as ben imo

you're my bro Fire Arians...but...

really bro? :popcorn:

DanRooney
09-27-2010, 12:23 AM

We can't trade Dixon he isn't worth a damn.

Fire Arians
09-27-2010, 12:32 AM
you're my bro Fire Arians...but...

really bro? :popcorn:

I think so. He's on target when he doesn't have pressure all up in his face. Ben is better at making plays by eluding the rush and buying more time, something charlie doesn't do nearly as well. Not saying he's the QB ben is by any means, but with good blocking, he can light up the scoreboard as we've seen more often than once

rbryan
09-27-2010, 12:35 AM
B4 we all start sucking each others (And Charlies) ....nevermind

It's one game....against a team that was 3-13 a year ago. How about we see if CB is still standing by next Monday before we make him next years backup.

Don't give up on Dixon just yet....

SteelKnight
09-27-2010, 12:50 AM
B4 we all start sucking each others (And Charlies) ....nevermind

It's one game....against a team that was 3-13 a year ago. How about we see if CB is still standing by next Monday before we make him next years backup.

Don't give up on Dixon just yet....

Dixon is not the right fit for us. he would be good if we had an older guy planning to retire in a year or two but I'm sure he doesn't want to spend his entire career as a back up and I'm sure we won't want to pay too much for him.

He needs to spend a year going through growing pains. A team like the Bills (play now), Carolina (play now) or Redskins (play in 2 years after following McNabb for 2) would be ideal for him.

If we won't make him #2, we definitely shouldn't keep him. The #3 QB has a slower development from having to be the scout QB and not spending as much time with the second team and the playbook. That's what put Dixon behind. If he had been the #2 since he came in, he would be better.

Ideally he would have played well and developed some trade value in the 4 games. Even if all they can get is a 4th rounder, they should take it.

Lefty seems like he is content to back up Ben. That could work for a long time (5 more years). It's a better fit.

SacknificentStew56
09-27-2010, 04:00 AM
Charlie must've hit the barbell curls all week in the gym because I thought his arm was soft and tender. Guess I was wrong about the guy.

Corey_J
09-27-2010, 04:32 AM
Lets keep a level head on this guys/girls. He did have 2 int and 2 fumbles ! Oh, and that TD to wallace was a fluke it wasnt picked also. This game was a blowout , but think how much better this team will be when we get a real QB in there !!!!!

DanRooney
09-27-2010, 04:59 AM
I don't know how much worse Dixon can play before you guys realize that he sucks as a QB. The man should be playing baseball with Pat White.

We won't get a 7th for him. I hope we just pack him with Randle El and Mewelde Moore with a one way ticket out of here.

jjpro11
09-27-2010, 06:55 AM
Charlie must've hit the barbell curls all week in the gym because I thought his arm was soft and tender. Guess I was wrong about the guy.

that surprised me too. last time i saw him, he was throwing floaters in OT vs Kansas City. now he's zipping the ball between defenders, throwing long TDs (although one was luck), and showing outstanding pocket awareness.

steelcity1974
09-27-2010, 08:02 AM
Lets keep a level head on this guys/girls. He did have 2 int and 2 fumbles ! Oh, and that TD to wallace was a fluke it wasnt picked also. This game was a blowout , but think how much better this team will be when we get a real QB in there !!!!!

Thank you! The two picks were pathetic reads, and the two long balls to Wallace could both have been picked. He made some really nice plays, but mostly because the O line did a great job of giving him time.

Curtain_of_Steel
09-27-2010, 08:27 AM
So were the Tampa fans snowballed by the fact that they beat the Panthers with Moore as qb and barely beat the Stains?
I think they are a little delusional to think Freeman was going to light up our defense.

rbryan
09-28-2010, 01:08 AM
Dixon hasn't played enough to make any final decsion on his future in the Burgh yet. I still have to give him the nod based on the Ratbird game last year. If you're going to make a final decision based on 2 subpar games (He is 2-0 as a starter this year btw) how can you discredit the one decent game last year??

I love CB and will give him all the credit in the world for answering the bell in Tampa.....but it was one game.

Even if he plays out of his mind against the rats he's holding a clipboard the rest of the year. Hate to say it but I don't give him much chance of finishing the game this week.

Charlie is the QB coach next year. Keep Dixon one more year and find someone else to compete with him for #2. Leftwich blows.

steelerstruck94
09-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Charlie is the QB coach next year. Keep Dixon one more year and find someone else to compete with him for #2. Leftwich blows.

Exactly my thoughts. Charlie has been an excellent backup and will make a great QB coach someday. He's been doing it for the last 4 or 5 years in PIttsburgh anyhow, might as well make it official.

There is no way Leftwich can be the long-term backup with the OL we have. While they look better this year(Pouncey is a HUGE upgrade), the last couple years I thought we had a bunch of Walmart greeters playing for us. More often than not, the defenses have had as many players in our backfield as we did and Leftwich can only sidestep so many times before he goes down.

Dixon shows promise and potential but not much else yet. The simple fact that he can run makes him a better backup than Leftwich in my mind.