PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Schedule

Ohio Steeler
03-07-2006, 05:07 PM
has the 2006 Schedule come out yet ?

vader29
03-07-2006, 05:45 PM
I believe the full schedule will be released sometime in the middle of April. I would expect the Steelers will have the max of three Monday nighters this year.

Ohio Steeler
03-07-2006, 07:17 PM
I believe the full schedule will be released sometime in the middle of April. I would expect the Steelers will have the max of three Monday nighters this year.

3 Monday nighters man that will be bad ass if it happens

SteelR1
03-07-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm hoping for the 3 Monday night games and even a Sunday night game so the BUS can do a pregame show on them!!!!!

LETS GO PITTSBURGH!!!

SCSteeler4Life
03-07-2006, 10:38 PM
3 Mondays. Probably Panthers away and my other 2 would be at home against Cinncinnati or Miami or Kansas City.

Tooquickrich
03-08-2006, 12:14 AM
We get the Thursday night season opener too, but I can't remember who we play.

Jim Schue
03-08-2006, 12:51 AM
We get the Thursday night season opener too, but I can't remember who we play.

I keep hearing it will be the Bengals, but there is talk the NFL may set us up with someone else because of the uncertainty about Palmer's recovery. Most Bengals sources I hear say he will miss the first couple regular season games of '06.

83-Steelers-43
03-08-2006, 07:49 AM
The dates and times have not been set, but here are our 2006 opponents.......

Home:

Baltimore
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Denver
Kansas City
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Miami

Away:

Baltimore
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Oakland
San Diego
Atlanta
Carolina
Jacksonville

Ohio Steeler
03-08-2006, 07:55 AM
The dates and times have not been set, but here are our 2006 opponents.......

Home:

Baltimore
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Denver
Kansas City
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Miami

Away:

Baltimore
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Oakland
San Diego
Atlanta
Carolina
Jacksonville

ok looking at that the only home games I see that could be a issue is Denver and
Kansas City now as the road games San Diego, Atlanta and Carolina could be promblems for us so I will say we will finish 11-5 and we will win back the AFC North for sure.

83-Steelers-43
03-08-2006, 08:04 AM
Denver and Cincy and maybe Kansas City will give us hell at home.

San Diego (losing Brees hurts), Cincy and Carolina will give us hell on the road. Also, normally Jacksonville plays us tough.

Baltimore seems to always take one away from us either on the road or at home.

At this point in time. I'll agree with 11-5. I would like to wait until closer to the season before I make an official prediction.

Suitanim
03-08-2006, 08:06 AM
I'm betting the opener will be against Denver...a rematch of the AFCCG will get the networks mouth watering...

83-Steelers-43
03-08-2006, 08:12 AM
I'm betting the opener will be against Denver...a rematch of the AFCCG will get the networks mouth watering...

I'll buy that. Makes the most sense, specially if Palmer is still out with his injury.

Ohio Steeler
03-08-2006, 11:05 AM

yeh I got my money down on that also

Steel Pit
03-13-2006, 02:02 AM

I don't believe that the NFL will schedule us to play Denver. This is how I see it, final roster cuts will be made on the Sunday prior to the Thursday nighter. To fly Denver in from out west for a Thursday night game will leave them very little if any time to prepare for the Steelers. I just believe that it would be very unfair for them and they would probably raise a lot of h e l l about it. I like Cincinnati in this spot. It just makes too much sense.

Rotorhead
03-13-2006, 02:24 AM
Except the the networks want game everyone wants to watch, and without Palmer, the Bungles are not worth watching. Denver, however will be worth watching . . . especially if they sign TO.

Crawdaddye
03-13-2006, 08:57 AM
I don't believe that the NFL will schedule us to play Denver. This is how I see it, final roster cuts will be made on the Sunday prior to the Thursday nighter. To fly Denver in from out west for a Thursday night game will leave them very little if any time to prepare for the Steelers. I just believe that it would be very unfair for them and they would probably raise a lot of h e l l about it. I like Cincinnati in this spot. It just makes too much sense.

Oakland had to travel to NE last year for the Thursday opener, so I don't think that travel is a question for the league.

I definitely think it will be Denver as well, but whomever it is I will be there!

SteelerFanInCA
03-13-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm leaning towards Denver as well. With or without TO the game will still grab ratings.

Mr. Clean
03-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Pittsburgh will open the season on Thursday night at home. Either Denver or Kansas City will be the opponent. Both are good teams that will create more interest for a national audience.

Nobody can say how the Sunday night/Monday night/Thursday night for sure right now. I hate Monday nights because Tuesday is a rotten day at work after staying up late. Obviously, this isn't a problem if you live on the West Coast. NBC will like to have the Steelers more than once and you can bet NFL Network wants to have the Steelers, too.

CBS will want more than one Steeler game for a 4PM or 4:15 Pm national broadcast. To sum it up, there won't be many 1PM Eastern games next year. Poobably, just the Ratbirds, Clowns and Saints.

SteelCityMan786
03-13-2006, 08:56 PM
The Steelers I think will get 1or 2 Mondays and 1 or 2 Sunday Nights. I'm sure The Bus Will be pushing for the Sundays.

CantStop85
03-13-2006, 09:10 PM
If they could get a Cinci-Pitt primetime game in the second half of the season, that would probably receive a pretty nice rating.

SteelCityMan786
03-17-2006, 09:08 AM
If they could get a Cinci-Pitt primetime game in the second half of the season, that would probably receive a pretty nice rating.

Without a doubt 85. With this pretty much the new top AFC North teams Rivalry now the TV Ratings will Skyrocket