PDA

View Full Version : Random Post Buc Game Comments

SteelKnight
09-26-2010, 06:26 PM
I'm sure you have several post game thoughts that you don't want to start a new thread for.

Discuss them here:

For one, I just remembered Essex was out so Legursky did a good job.

vasteeler
09-26-2010, 06:53 PM
i loved how i heard the "here we go steelers" chant in tampa

Fire Arians
09-26-2010, 07:04 PM
0 sacks allowed. if essex was starting, i don't know if that would have happened

lionslicer
09-26-2010, 07:17 PM
Freeman played better than Young did against the Steelers defense
That running back, Blount? That guy reminds me of Bettis, really big and fast, he had a lot of big plays. The only runs he had under 4 yards were the 2 on the goal line, and 1 was a touchdown...
Mendenhall had 7.5 yards per carry, but only got the ball 19 times.

Just some random things I noticed.

SteelKnight
09-26-2010, 07:53 PM

LOL I didn't hear that but I did hear all the cheers whenever we did something good. It was so funny. It was like playing at home. On defense I almost expected Farrior to raise his arms to get the crowd noise up to destract Freeman.:sofunny:

0 sacks allowed. if essex was starting, i don't know if that would have happened

Since we didn't notice, that's good play. It's hard to say how it would have been with Essex. maybe we shouldn't rush him back. lol Let's see ouw Doug does against Baltimore...then I'll give praise.

I like how Flozelle has been playing. I say we keep him next year too, Let Colon go (unless he can win RG), and search for his replacement. Colon is not the long term answer at RT. He never got the chance to compete against the current guys at RG because by the time Simmons was gone, he had won the RT spot. maybe he'd be a kickass RG.

Freeman played better than Young did against the Steelers defense
That running back, Blount? That guy reminds me of Bettis, really big and fast, he had a lot of big plays. The only runs he had under 4 yards were the 2 on the goal line, and 1 was a touchdown...
Mendenhall had 7.5 yards per carry, but only got the ball 19 times.

Just some random things I noticed.

I was impressed with Freeman. Little Ben (even at 6'6) is a good name. He will be good in the future. I like his poise. He seemed more relaxed than Dixon.

Blount is good too. He falls forward for 2-3 yards when he runs just like Bettis. lol
He should have a bright future with the team.

That mike Williams guy has potential too...for a rookie. He pyched himself out with that fumble. He should shrug it off.

They just need one more good receiver to be good. Winslow was very irrelevant. It reminds me of...oh forget it...lol. (just kidding).

Curtain_of_Steel
09-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Please don't mention dixon, lol Have we cut him yet?

Freeman is ok, I wouldn't be putting him in Bens class that is for sure. If Woodley wasnt held about 20 times his ass wouldve been on the ground for the better part of the game. Watch the replays, Wood was held almost every play be the right shoulder pad and shirt.

Blount got some prevent with 3rd stringers in yards. But he may have potential, again, mentioning his name with Bettis? Umm not a chance.

lionslicer
09-26-2010, 08:31 PM

Freeman is ok, I wouldn't be putting him in Bens class that is for sure. If Woodley wasnt held about 20 times his ass wouldve been on the ground for the better part of the game. Watch the replays, Wood was held almost every play be the right shoulder pad and shirt.

Blount got some prevent with 3rd stringers in yards. But he may have potential, again, mentioning his name with Bettis? Umm not a chance.

He made a couple big plays against starters, he only ran the ball 6 times for 27 yards with a 4.5 yard per carry average.

O-Linemen hold every play, ask anyone player or coach, it just matters how good they are at not getting caught. Freeman did break away from some sacks. Everyone Thinks Ben was amazing his first 2 years in the league, he had a lot of help from a great O-line and running game, his true colors showed up in 2006 when the running game and O-line wasn't there to back him up. 23 interceptions.
From what I saw today, Freeman doesn't have a running game, and the O-line is really bad. He could have been sacked 10+ times.

You're such a negative nancy.

MasterOfPuppets
09-26-2010, 08:41 PM
2-6-PIT 41 (3:35) 27-L.Blount left tackle to PIT 39 for 2 yards (94-L.Timmons, 56-L.Woodley).

cloppbeast
09-26-2010, 08:42 PM
That running back, Blount? That guy reminds me of Bettis, really big and fast, he had a lot of big plays.

I remember hoping the Steelers would draft him instead of Dwyer. I'm sure punching that guy in the face made the difference, but purely from a football standpoint Blount is much better. I think he proved that today.

One thing I noticed about Blount is that really finishes his runs and even if he doesn't break a tackle, he always gains yards after being hit. I think he has a future in the NFL as long as he doesn't punch anybody else.

lionslicer
09-26-2010, 08:46 PM
2-6-PIT 41 (3:35) 27-L.Blount left tackle to PIT 39 for 2 yards (94-L.Timmons, 56-L.Woodley).

Okay so I was wrong, why the **** are you such an asshole?.

There i win that arguement.

MasterOfPuppets
09-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Okay so I was wrong, why the **** are you such an asshole?.

There i win that arguement.
:toofunny:

figg
09-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Legursky looked pretty good. I'd like to see him get another shot.

cloppbeast
09-26-2010, 09:17 PM
I noticed they pulled Pouncey on a sweep. He's a man-child.

zulater
09-26-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm sure you have several post game thoughts that you don't want to start a new thread for.

Discuss them here:

For one, I just remembered Essex was out so Legursky did a good job.

Trai might have just been Wally Pipped out of the starting lineup today. :chuckle:

In all seriousness Trai is better as the swingman than as a starter. Long live Legurskey! :drink:

joeyssteelcurtain
09-26-2010, 09:52 PM

Yea that was great

ETL
09-26-2010, 09:53 PM
I think the black jerseys really slowed the Steelers down and really helped Tampa today ...NOT!

mashsoccer37
09-26-2010, 10:32 PM
I remember hoping the Steelers would draft him instead of Dwyer. I'm sure punching that guy in the face made the difference, but purely from a football standpoint Blount is much better. I think he proved that today.

One thing I noticed about Blount is that really finishes his runs and even if he doesn't break a tackle, he always gains yards after being hit. I think he has a future in the NFL as long as he doesn't punch anybody else.

No need to have drafted him above Dwyer.... Blount was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Titans and was released in training camp.

It's amazing how his off the field issues diminished his draft stock. Before his senior season, he was a projected first rounder if I recall correctly

Steelerfreak58
09-26-2010, 10:35 PM
The number of Steelers fans at other Stadiums is simply just crazy. The Tampa game today sounded like a home game when the team scored! LOL:tt03:

SmashmouthFootball
09-26-2010, 10:36 PM
No need to have drafted him above Dwyer.... Blount was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Titans and was released in training camp.

It's amazing how his off the field issues diminished his draft stock. Before his senior season, he was a projected first rounder if I recall correctly

Technically I think he was on the field when he threw that suckerpunch :chuckle:

SteelKnight
09-26-2010, 11:39 PM

I said little Ben. It is only his second year. Of course he is not in Ben's class yet. I admire his poise. he could be good in the future. They need one more receiver. he would have benefited from Holmes. We should have sent him there instead.

Blount looked good against our starters too. I wonder why they put Cadilac back in. Their loss.

SteelKnight
09-26-2010, 11:51 PM
He made a couple big plays against starters, he only ran the ball 6 times for 27 yards with a 4.5 yard per carry average.

O-Linemen hold every play, ask anyone player or coach, it just matters how good they are at not getting caught. Freeman did break away from some sacks. Everyone Thinks Ben was amazing his first 2 years in the league, he had a lot of help from a great O-line and running game, his true colors showed up in 2006 when the running game and O-line wasn't there to back him up. 23 interceptions.
From what I saw today, Freeman doesn't have a running game, and the O-line is really bad. He could have been sacked 10+ times.

You're such a negative nancy.

Yeah...Freeman looked like the real deal for a guy in his second year. He looks like he can make all the throws and he has the ability to run. The combo is more like a Steve Young combo. He has such poise. His toughness to bring down reminds me of Ben. If you gave him Wallace and Ward, he might look sharp. he's the right guy to build around.

The impressive thing about Blout wasn't so much his run total but the way he falls forward. After you hit him he gets 2-3 more yards. That's great. I think the average thing is off because of those 2 goal line runs. One he got stopped...obvious situation...the other, all he could get was 1 yard before a TD. Those throw the stats off. Take those 2 out and it was 4 rushes for 26 yards...average of 6.5...that's more like what we were seeing from him. He looked good to me.

SteelKnight
09-27-2010, 09:24 AM
Is Randel El planning to fair catch every single punt?

In his defense, it does seem like the coverage teams have been getting down there quickly but is seems as if as soon as the ball is in the air a fair catch is being called.

This must mean that Brown has fumbled punts in practice and Tomlin would rather be safe than get yards.