PDA

View Full Version : Our Defense

steelerchad
09-26-2010, 10:40 PM
hasn't given up a non prevent, 1st string TD so far.

Tennessee scored against a prevent with :58 to go and Tampa scored with some key starters pulled in the 4th. Atlanta- just field goals.

Baltimore- Nada.

pancake
09-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Healthy Troy, Smith and Timmons has become huge and adding B-Mac back was a steal! I like having Foote come off the bench.

SteelKnight
09-27-2010, 01:13 AM
Yeah. Our defense has been solid with scoring. We are number 1 in the league and would be better if it were not for the prevent TD (Tenn) and the back up TD today (Tampa).

It's going to take a while for the stats to match up. Right now our pass D by stats is messed up. We are 17th (allowing 219 y/g) and we are allowing about 2/3rd of all passes to be completed. It's sort of a bend but not break. As great as we are doing and as much as some of that is due to the prevent and the back ups, we could be a tiny bit tighter. This could be exploited by a great pass team. We've already allowed 35 passing first downs (tied for 9th most) compared to Balimore's 19 (ranked 2nd with 116.7 passing y/g).

Just so some idiot doesn't interpret this as me saying i don't like our D, I do. Points is the most important and we are number 1 there but we may slip and allow points so we should be working on getting the pass D better. We are currently the 8th easiest to complete a pass against. Teams like the Ravens and Jets are in the 55% range instead of the 66% range. These are minor things that I'm sure Lebeau is already working on.

joeyssteelcurtain
09-27-2010, 07:43 AM
The best i have ever seen