View Full Version : Steelers' Keisel notches first career interception

mesaSteeler
09-26-2010, 11:08 PM
Steelers' Keisel notches first career interception
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_701457.html
By Scott Brown
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, September 27, 2010

Brett Keisel has another football to add to the one that the Steelers defensive end scooped up after the final play of Super Bowl XLIII and took home with him.

Keisel made his first career interception Sunday and returned it 79 yards for a touchdown.

The Steelers' first defensive touchdown of the season came on the initial play of the fourth quarter. It was emblematic of the struggles the Buccaneers' offense had at Raymond James Stadium.

"I've been wanting to do that for a long time," Keisel said. "To be able to do that on a big stage was awesome."

Keisel returned the interception to the same end zone where James Harrison completed one of the most memorable plays in Super Bowl history when he returned an interception 100 yards for a score.

"I heard the roar," Harrison said of Keisel's pick, "and everybody started running the other way so I just hit somebody in a white jersey." :tt04::tt04:

No one hit Keisel after the ninth-year veteran intercepted the pass that bounced off wide receiver Sammie Stroughter's hands.

"The only reason he made that play was because he was hustling to the ball to try to help tackle somebody," defensive end Aaron Smith said. "That just sums up our defense."

"The league does not want us to be 4-0 with a mad Ben (Roethlisberger) coming back back, I'll tell you that." Wide receiver Hines Ward on the Steelers' 3-0 start (I bet GOD in his own mind Goodell is pissed as hell. I expect he will lean on the officials to start calling ticiky tack calls against us. - mesa)

Number

80:Touchdowns Ward has scored, tying him for second on the Steelers' all-time list with Jerome Bettis

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

Shea
09-26-2010, 11:38 PM
My favorite play hands down.

Seeing one of the boys on defense running with the ball and watching the rest on D turning from hunters to hunted. :tt02:

Merchant
09-26-2010, 11:54 PM
Keisel the Diesel.. great play! I was going nutsss aha.. interesting how it was in the stadium as Harrison's TD

Steel_Bus_24
09-27-2010, 12:12 AM
I was yelling rumble, big boy, Rumble!!

http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1175498/brett-s-celebration-o.gif

joeyssteelcurtain
09-27-2010, 06:41 AM
Was a great play

finesward
09-27-2010, 06:54 AM
I love the sasquatch walk celebration from kiesel... the beard is awesome btw