PDA

View Full Version : Survival test

Ohio Steeler
03-07-2006, 09:14 PM
See how you score I got 8 out of 17

http://www.spicolisbarleybin.com/games/survival.swf

Suitanim
03-07-2006, 09:22 PM
I got 12...interesting, though. Never thought of some of those things...

Stlrs4Life
03-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Not bad, 12 out of 17.

83-Steelers-43
03-07-2006, 09:24 PM
11 out of 17. I'm alive, but badly injured or maimed for life...lol.

Ohio Steeler
03-07-2006, 09:31 PM
11 out of 17. I'm alive, but badly injured or maimed for life...lol.

yep so was I

tony hipchest
03-07-2006, 09:37 PM
10. i thought the getting trampled question was still on the crashed plane. i was always taught to punch a shark on the nose but that is before it bites you. i forgot that mad dogs really hate being stared at. i always pretended to be aninja and that does the trick. i flew last week and i should sue the airlimnes for improper survival techniques.

and the rationning water question was kind of a trick question. you ration it but most definitely dont die with it. growing up in the desert and 110 degree wether you KNOW when you need water.

klick81
03-07-2006, 09:44 PM
13/17. Woot woot!

Koopa
03-07-2006, 09:47 PM
i got 9 out of 17, thank god i'm not planning on getting bit by a dog, i ain't going swimmin in the ocean cause dicovery channel scared the shit out of me with all those shark shows lol, i've never been in a plane and don't plane to anytime soon. and we rarely get tornados down here

Suitanim
03-07-2006, 09:47 PM
If you'd have read Dune, you'd know the axiom: The best place to store water is in your body.

ohio's #1 steelers chick
03-07-2006, 10:44 PM
11/17 NOT TOO BAD I'D SAY.

3 to be 4
03-07-2006, 10:57 PM
i got 10 of 17, but nailed the tornado questions, which is good since im moving to Kansas City.

augustashark
03-08-2006, 12:28 AM
I guess hopping onto the sharks back was not the correct answer! Damn!

tony hipchest
03-08-2006, 12:31 AM
If you'd have read Dune, you'd know the axiom: The best place to store water is in your body.

good point. i shouldve known that. i read the 1st 3 dune books and totally fogot about that.

while you all up north know about wind chill, we know about the heat index which is how many minutes it takes average skin to get sunburned. around here its about 20 minutes. as soon as you are thirsty outside you are already suffering the 1st signs of heat stroke. ive had skin cancer since i was 10 yrs old probably. if you call them freckles i doesnt hurt as bad. good thing baby oil is no longer recommended for getting a good tan. i used to wear that stuff like it was sunblock. little did we know back then. then again you used to be able to smoke in the hospitals and airplanes when i was a kid. my mom had a smoking room in the maternity ward of the hospital i was born in. then again women used to use lysol to dousch. how times have changed. :)

Hawk Believer
03-08-2006, 12:32 AM
I got 13. Maimed as well. Its a shame that people caught in those situations don't get the benefit of multiple choice options.

I now know that I should not play dead for sharks. Like I could pull that off.

Last summer I was up in Alaska. You get a lot of crash course material on dealing with bears and what to do with a Brown/Grizzly bear vs. a black bear. When we were at Denali, the rangers kept telling this story about a recent bear encounter. This guy was hiking in the back country and stumbled in the path of a Grizzly So in that situation, you are supposed to stand your ground and make yourself look big (but don't look them in the eye). Then if they charge you are supposed to keep standing there Most of the time they will stop if you don't run. If they do get close to you, then you jsut curl up into a ball, cover your carotid arteries with your hands, and hope the bear gets bored with you after knockign you around a bit.

Well, the bear in this situation apparentyl started walking at this guy. When the bear got about 70 feet away, the man when into fetal position mode. The bear wandered up to him and then sat on him like he was a stool for a minute or so. Then the bear stood up, and in the process dragged a paw across the dude's shoulder and cut with his claws. And the bear just wandered off.

When the rangers told this story, they were all incredulous that the guy played dead when he did. They kept laughing about how he played dead way to early. My wife and I felt like we understood how a guy could pull the trigger on the fetal position a little early when a big grizzly is coming at you and you think you are about to be eaten alive.

pucho58
03-08-2006, 08:23 AM
I got 14 out of 17 guess my Marine Corps training came in handy. I can not believe that I still remember these skills. Anyway thanks for the threads it was fun.

83-Steelers-43
03-08-2006, 08:35 AM
Living in Pittsburgh, I don't expect to be attacked by a Shark or caught up in a tornado or stranded in a desert. I'm not around dogs. The only questions I have to worry about are the airplane questions and I did well on those. Oh well.

Ohio Steeler
03-08-2006, 08:42 AM
Living in Pittsburgh, I don't expect to be attacked by a Shark or caught up in a tornado or stranded in a desert. I'm not around dogs. The only questions I have to worry about are the airplane questions and I did well on those. Oh well.

are you telling me there are no sharks in the Monongahela , Allegheny and Ohio rivers :sofunny:

radaz52
03-08-2006, 08:46 AM
I got a 10 out of 17....I sucked at the dog questions, but rocked booty on the tornado ones!!!

83-Steelers-43
03-08-2006, 08:52 AM
are you telling me there are no sharks in the Monongahela , Allegheny and Ohio rivers :sofunny:

Surprisingly, people have caught pirahna, but no sharks.....yet.

Suitanim
03-08-2006, 09:01 AM
Hey, Hawk, when I roughed it in the lake country in Northern Minnesota for a week, the park rangers we spoke to told us about 2 little old ladies who camp there all summer long, and how they "combated" bears. Guy said they carried big bells, and when ever a bear crossed their paths, they start clanging them really hard. Because the sound is so unnatural and foreign to the bears, they get skeered and take off...

WisconsinSteelerMan
03-08-2006, 09:50 AM
I didn't do too badly... 13 of 17... I could live with that! They didn't have anything about surviving in the extreme cold like we have up here in the north country, though...

That's real surviving!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Lyn
03-08-2006, 11:02 AM
i got 11/17. But I learned alot:) Thanks for posting it.

melroseplace
03-08-2006, 12:02 PM
12 out of 17..better than I thought I would get lol

Ambridge
03-08-2006, 03:24 PM
11 out of 17

I got tripped up on the plane questions.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-08-2006, 04:48 PM
i got a seven.it said....you are so dead!!you never stand a chance.....
damn.......

augustashark
03-08-2006, 06:08 PM
17 for 17.....Read'em and weep boys.............

NM