PDA

View Full Version : NYT - No Roethlisberger, No Problem for Steelers

Atlanta Dan
09-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Nice read on life so far for the Steelers without #7

What might have been a crucible for the Steelers — a month without a starting quarterback, plus injuries to the top two backups, would have torpedoed just about every other team in the N.F.L. — has instead turned into a crowning moment....

The Steelers’ record has been so surprising that people have even started to wonder if Roethlisberger gets his starting job back. It wouldn’t have been a question even if Leftwich and Dixon were healthy. But under the circumstances, Tomlin could only laugh.

“That’s just a funny hypothetical,” he said. “I try to stay focused on where we are. But I think they can read into the number of snaps I gave him in the preseason that he’s going to play.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/28/sports/football/28fastforward.html?_r=1&ref=sports

whatdoiknow
09-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Without Ben our Offense is dead last in the NFL. So for them to say " No problem " is ridiculous!

Atlanta Dan
09-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Without Ben our Offense is dead last in the NFL. So for them to say " No problem " is ridiculous!

It is only a problem when you lose - assuming you read it, the article compliments the Steelers for overcoming adversity rather than contending they have not encountered adversity

steelax04
09-27-2010, 12:51 PM
I agree with the "no problem" since it's only four games. If it were more, I'd be worried that the defense could keep this going for the entire season with out a slip.

I'm very excited to see what this team is capable of when the offense starts clicking like the defense has for the past three games.

LVSteelersfan
09-27-2010, 01:03 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHA !!!! Sorry, that just sounded funny to me. This offense will never click like the defense with that offensive line in shambles and Arians still having no clue how to call plays in the red zone. We still have some seriously tough teams to play down the road. If they get past the Patriots, Saints, Bungles, Ravens and Jets with that offensive line, then I will be a believer. Right now I think those teams are going to punch us in the mouth and make it tough to win any of those games. The Steelers have looked good for sure, but can they keep it up? I sincerely hope they can but it will be a tough row to hoe as they say.

I agree with the "no problem" since it's only four games. If it were more, I'd be worried that the defense could keep this going for the entire season with out a slip.

I'm very excited to see what this team is capable of when the offense starts clicking like the defense has for the past three games.