PDA

View Full Version : After 3 games, who is the teams MVP?

pancake
09-27-2010, 04:49 PM
What do you think?

I will say Troy...

A Mans Part
09-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Dick Lebeau.

pancake
09-27-2010, 04:52 PM
Dick Lebeau.

Dang it! I knew I would leave someone out... I think you're right, but lets break it down to a player...

steelerdave1969
09-27-2010, 04:59 PM
Hey man, I had to vote for Lawrence Timmons. This guy has played lights out and I for one am surprised. I hope that he keeps up the great work. Of course without Troy P our Defense would never be as strong and I think we all know how important Aaron Smith is as well. Great poll though.

cloppbeast
09-27-2010, 05:01 PM
Bruce Arians

StainlessStill
09-27-2010, 05:13 PM
This is really a tough one. This whole Steelers organization gets my vote. The way we handle things is the norm around the league. Everyone should want to be the Pittsburgh Steelers.

As far as the players.. man, that's tough. Everyone has put their name in the hat to draw victories. All I know for sure is that.... Tom Brady is gay.

pancake
09-27-2010, 05:36 PM
This is really a tough one. This whole Steelers organization gets my vote. The way we handle things is the norm around the league. Everyone should want to be the Pittsburgh Steelers.

As far as the players.. man, that's tough. Everyone has put their name in the hat to draw victories. All I know for sure is that.... Tom Brady is gay.

I thought that putting that Brady is gay in all choices was the correct thing to do... :chuckle:

Fire Arians
09-27-2010, 05:54 PM
hard decision. i'll go with mendenhall though

SteelKnight
09-27-2010, 05:58 PM
We have so many people stepping it up. Just about every position except TE should be eligible. I voted for Troy because clearly the teams confidence comes from knowing Troy is there. He is a game changer and makes the wole D better.

Everyone has been good though...including Timmons, Harrison, Woodley, both D-line and O-line, running backs, WR...even though they were not always getting the ball.

SteelCityMom
09-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Gonna say the D-line, cause the team is like Lays right now...you can't have just one!

whatdoiknow
09-27-2010, 06:01 PM
hard decision. i'll go with mendenhall though

I agree. Mendy has been personally responsible for 2 of our 3 wins. Not to say it isn't a TEAM effort, cause it is. But if I had to choose, it would be Mendy.

LVSteelersfan
09-27-2010, 07:39 PM
It's gotta be Keisel. Did you see that pick 6 he got this week????? Woo Hoo. Did that ever put the dot on the exclamation point. That was great. I think the D-line is the the winner because they set up everything for the LBs and Troy to do their thing. Smith is a monster.

zulater
09-27-2010, 07:49 PM
It's too early, but if I must, it's Troy hands down, he gets into qb's and OC's heads like no other player in the league. Besides him Timmons, Harrison, and Mendenhall stand out. Also don't forget Pouncey, guys makes a ton of difference, probably wont make it this year, but he's playing at Pro bowl level.

sharkweek
09-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Troy P might very well be the MVP because even if he isn't racking up monster plays/stats his presence frees up the rest of the D to be more aggressive than they could otherwise afford.

However I voted for Timmons because he's been playing lights out and really living up to his 1st round potential. He could very well end up being another Troy-like player with his size and speed versatility, now that's a scarey awesome thought.

steeltheone
09-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Can't be the Dline because we replace Them with Eason, Hoke and Ziggy and don't miss a beat.....Try Replacing 43 with someone else once. Then you will see the difference.

pete74
09-28-2010, 04:23 AM
timmons has been my biggest surprise. i knew he had it but he is playing so good its unreal. he completly crushed chris johnson last week and is just a huge distruptive force all over the field

ricardisimo
09-28-2010, 04:26 AM
I thought that putting that Brady is gay in all choices was the correct thing to do... :chuckle:
Where is the "Patriots suck" option? http://smiliesftw.com/x/2u7wruo.gif

madtowndrunkard
09-28-2010, 09:22 AM
I think it is Timmons.

Troy has made some nice plays.... He puts fear into QB's. So yes he is a key player in our defense.

Harrison is a terror on every down and I think one could argue he's maybe the best LB in football.

It is Timmons though that has stuffed the run every game. Farrior IMO is losing speed. He's not the tackling machine he once was. Timmons has taken over that role. With out Timmons I think teams would be running on us with a lot more success. Notice that no matter who plays on the D line we are still stuffing the run. I think the difference is Timmons. This is clearly the year that Timmons has finally put that speed and talent together. I think he's going to have a historic year for us if he stays healthy..... He's a potential Defensive MVP candidate IMO.

If you compare this defense to last years defense the one player that really stands out is Timmons. He's having a break out year and with a healthy Troy I think this defense could be VERY special.

Mendy does deserve a mention....but in reality he really hasn't taken a game over yet. It wasn't till the 2nd half that he really starting doing something against TB. He's had one good OT run...that I think any RB would have scored on given the hole he had.

Anyone notice the improvement on our O-line? I personally think it's more because Ben is not playing. It's proof that Ben is a fault with most of his sacks.

kiuaswarrior
09-28-2010, 09:36 AM
I had to go with the most important position on the field...