PDA

View Full Version : Steelers still not getting respect

whatdoiknow
09-28-2010, 12:13 AM
And that's just fine with me. I mean I will assume that most of the betting public is betting on Baltimore cause the national Pt spread line is Pittsburgh by 1 1/2. And since it is a well known fact that home teams are given 3 Pts just for being at home, the experts must feel Baltimore is the safer pick. I mean what a crock this is. I mean even after Flacco's 128 QB rating against the Cruddy Browns, his overall rating is just over 66. And he's only completing like 54 % of his passes. And consider Ray Rice, maybe Baltimore's most relied upon offensive player, well his availability for Sunday's game is still very much up in the air.

And with all that the Ravens are still favored. Hey like I said, fine with me. I always think the steelers play better and more focused when the national media and public are doubting them. Can't wait til Sunday!! :tt04::tt04::tt04:

DanRooney
09-28-2010, 12:18 AM
No doubt in my mind we beat them with Ben.

But you can't take anything away from Flacco against the Browns if you don't do the same with Batch against the Bucs. It will be a close game for sure and should be a coin flip on the betting lines.

whatdoiknow
09-28-2010, 12:26 AM
The Steelers should be favored by at least 6 Pts. And I will give that to any who wish. The Ravens at home against a bad Browns team with their own 2nd stringer in the game is not too Impressive. Lets see how he does in Pittsburgh, with our loud Home crowd. Baltimore will be lucky, and I mean Lucky to score a single TD and maybe 2 FG's.

Steelers 24
Ravens 10

SteelKnight
09-28-2010, 12:28 AM
Arians can pull us through so long as Batch doesn't thow Pick 6s. Every TD will be important.

Arians was beasting Sunday.

jjpro11
09-28-2010, 12:29 AM
no respect? all you hear and see is about the Steelers being the top, or one of the top couple teams in the NFL. i just hope it doesn't go to the players' heads. you're not going to get favorable betting lines when you start backup QBs... that's never going to change. i seem to remember us being favorites in nearly every game last year, but look how that turned out. we were one of the absolute worst teams at covering the spread.

whatdoiknow
09-28-2010, 12:38 AM
no respect? all you hear and see is about the Steelers being the top, or one of the top couple teams in the NFL. i just hope it doesn't go to the players' heads. you're not going to get favorable betting lines when you start backup QBs... that's never going to change. i seem to remember us being favorites in nearly every game last year, but look how that turned out. we were one of the absolute worst teams at covering the spread.

Name the last time a team who was undefeated, at Home was an Underdog ? Yeah I know we are 1 1/2 Pt favorites. But in reality we are Underdogs. And Baltimore defense is not all that great, or even as good as either Tennessee or Atlanta's as far as points allowed. I know the spread doesn't mean squat to our team. But I was just saying it as a fan, that's all.

Steel_Bus_24
09-28-2010, 12:49 AM
Good the more "experts"that pick against us will only make this team better and more hungry to prove them wrong

steelrush
09-28-2010, 04:31 AM
All this ”being favorite” thing shouldn’t bother any of us. Period.
Flying under the radar is what’s gonna take you to your target safely.
:sign02:

sharkweek
09-28-2010, 04:45 AM
I don't get the obsession of "respect", I'd much rather be the underestimated "underdog" and I really wouldn't care to have everyone gushing over how awesome we are, I'd rather not have bandwagon fans and haters.

kirklandrules
09-28-2010, 05:39 AM
No doubt in my mind we beat them with Ben.

But you can't take anything away from Flacco against the Browns if you don't do the same with Batch against the Bucs. It will be a close game for sure and should be a coin flip on the betting lines.

I'd take Batch over Flacco. I've always thought Charlie was one of the best back-up QBs in the league. I'm not sold on Flacco ... just not buying what he's selling. He doesn't suck or anything like that, but he's not championship material.

SH-Rock
09-28-2010, 06:15 AM
I'd take Batch over Flacco. I've always thought Charlie was one of the best back-up QBs in the league. I'm not sold on Flacco ... just not buying what he's selling. He doesn't suck or anything like that, but he's not championship material.

Well not yet. He is still pretty young and considering the competition AFC North gives then he'll probably improve.

cloppbeast
09-28-2010, 08:54 AM
This thread is stupid and worthless. Last week the Steelers were 5th on ESPN's power rankings, and since Green Bay, New Orleans, and Houston lost, I would not be surprised to see them ranked 2nd or 3rd this week.

The Steelers are down to their 4th string quarterback and they're playing a very good division opponent. These game are historically close. Even if they are at home, and should win, they aren't going to win by much. Steelers v Ravens is allways a hard fought, low scoring game. 1.5 is more than enough.

BTW, How many points do you think Pittsburgh should be favored by to be considered getting their due respect?

kiuaswarrior
09-28-2010, 09:08 AM
I think the Steelers have been getting a lot of respect... already stating that when Ben comes back that were are a contender for the AFC champs.

madtowndrunkard
09-28-2010, 09:38 AM
All I am hearing on the radio :

#1 " The steelers are great!"

#2 " Uh who told the Chiefs they were good?"

#3 " Vick is back!"

no respect is BS. The steelers are one of the most respected teams in the league. period. Yes the media wants to love the Cowboys and Ravens every year. But they KNOW the steelers will be a team to recon with.

I personally think this is a major blow to Bruce Arians's offensive philosophy. Because we are using back up QB's...our offense has gone back to a conservative ball control offense. We are pounding the ball and not asking our QB to win it for us. You know ....the same strategy we used for years before Arians took over! His insistence on putting the game on Ben's shoulders hurt us last year. A horrible special teams and a surplus of offensive mistakes killed our season last year. We have way too much talent to not be contending for a SB.

Rotorhead
09-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Not sure how long you have been a Steelers fan (OP) however even with Ben it would be a low scoring game. It will be a def slugfest like always. There are no surprises between these 2 teams and who ever hits harder will win like always. Another note is we are down to 1.75 QBs. Batch then a healing Lefty so that plays I to it as well. If Batch gets hurt then we are a very possible injury away from ARE at QB and a stacked def front to stop our running game.