PDA

View Full Version : Refocused, hungrier Ben prepares for return to Steelers.

zulater
09-28-2010, 02:23 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/09/28/steelers/index.html

A week from now, one of the big stories in the league -- maybe the biggest story in the league -- will be Ben Roethlisberger returning to the Steelers after his four-week suspension. What kind of mood will Roethlisberger will be in? Will he be humbled, chastened? And in a football sense, will he be ready to return after the Steelers' bye week to resume his starting role on a Super Bowl contender?
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/09/28/steelers/index.html#ixzz10qkmsupI

stb_steeler
09-28-2010, 02:27 PM
He will light it up...bank on it! :applaudit:

DoubleYoi
09-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Only thing that threw up a red flag in this article was the "chopping wood" comment. I'm all for Ben doing what it takes to stay out of trouble and improve his work ethic but does anyone remember the Jaguars punter chopping his shin in their locker room a few years back? Jack Del Rio brought an ax and a block of wood in to reinforce the "keep chopping away" theme for the year. Everyone took a turn taking a whack at the log and the Punter smashed himself in the shin, knocking him out for the year. Let's hope Ben is a little more coordinated. Surprised there isn't a "no wood chopping" clause in his contract.

SteelMember
09-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Only thing that threw up a red flag in this article was the "chopping wood" comment. I'm all for Ben doing what it takes to stay out of trouble and improve his work ethic but does anyone remember the Jaguars punter chopping his shin in their locker room a few years back? Jack Del Rio brought an ax and a block of wood in to reinforce the "keep chopping away" theme for the year. Everyone took a turn taking a whack at the log and the Punter smashed himself in the shin, knocking him out for the year. Let's hope Ben is a little more coordinated. Surprised there isn't a "no wood chopping" clause in his contract.

:chuckle:

Haven't you seen Rocky 4? That's old school training.

Although, I think goodell is the russian in this version.

HAWK
09-28-2010, 02:45 PM
I, for one, hope he does come back focused and remains that way the rest of his career.

Steelerfreak58
09-28-2010, 03:08 PM
I smell number 7 helping us get the number 7 SB trophy! :P

StainlessStill
09-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Wow I can't WAIT for this:tt04:

SH-Rock
09-28-2010, 04:06 PM
Very exciting!