PDA

View Full Version : Throwbacks this weekend?

eafratitpm3
09-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Does anyone know if we will be wearing our Throwbacks this weekend?

JEFF4i
09-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Should be, if we follow tradition.

Atlanta Dan
09-28-2010, 09:04 PM
Thought crossed my mind when the throwbacks would appear after the Bears wore their throwbacks last night

Since this is a merchandising gimmick those unis usually show up in a nationally telecast night game or Sunday doubleheader late afternoon game- my bet is the yellow helmets appear for the Sunday night game in early November against the Patriots

SteelKnight
09-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Thought crossed my mind when the throwbacks would appear after the Bears wore their throwbacks last night

Since this is a merchandising gimmick those unis usually show up in a nationally telecast night game or Sunday doubleheader late afternoon game- my bet is the yellow helmets appear for the Sunday night game in early November against the Patriots

I was thinking about that too. I think since we won that Monday night against Baltimore in 2007, they may decide to use it against Baltimore again. I believe they have in the past couple of years too. This will be a day time national game (unless your local team overrides).

StainlessStill
09-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Aren't we undefeated in the throwbacks since '07?

Steel-Bryan
09-28-2010, 10:25 PM
ahhhhh i dont get the game locallly ! :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

jjpro11
09-28-2010, 10:31 PM
Aren't we undefeated in the throwbacks since '07?

no. we lost vs the Giants in 08.

StainlessStill
09-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Good call!

tmacsteelerfan
09-29-2010, 09:32 AM
This has nothing to do with the throwback jerseys but have the Steelers ever wore white on white. I mess with their jerseys on madden and nothing is as cool as the white jersey with the white throwback pants.

SteelCityMom
09-29-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm not sure about throwbacks...but NFL.com has the pink ribbon up on its site, so expect to see some pink on the field real soon.

Atlanta Dan
09-29-2010, 10:40 AM
This has nothing to do with the throwback jerseys but have the Steelers ever wore white on white. I mess with their jerseys on madden and nothing is as cool as the white jersey with the white throwback pants.

I recall the Steelers wore white on white in the late 60s early 70s as the road unis

DoubleYoi
09-29-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm not sure about throwbacks...but NFL.com has the pink ribbon up on its site, so expect to see some pink on the field real soon.

I was afraid of this. Nothing against breast cancer awareness but the pink accessories are an eyesore. I thought maybe last year was a flash in the pan but apparently not.

lionslicer
09-29-2010, 01:59 PM
I was afraid of this. Nothing against breast cancer awareness but the pink accessories are an eyesore. I thought maybe last year was a flash in the pan but apparently not.

I know right? Pink doesn't go well with any teams colors, makes watching the game in HD unbearable lol.
'm surprised I haven't seen any pink this year, after breast cancer awareness month last year, some players still wore pink through out the year.

eafratitpm3
09-29-2010, 02:53 PM
No Throwbacks this weekend. They are slated to wear them against Cleveland and New England

pancake
09-29-2010, 03:02 PM
I love the throwback unis... I think I need to get a throwback jersey.

SteelCityMom
09-29-2010, 03:07 PM
I know right? Pink doesn't go well with any teams colors, makes watching the game in HD unbearable lol.
'm surprised I haven't seen any pink this year, after breast cancer awareness month last year, some players still wore pink through out the year.

Tammy Brady says it accentuates her eyes.

stb_steeler
09-29-2010, 03:22 PM

I got Troy's off a guy on Ebay for 20 bucks....Throwbacks one of my favorites.
http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz240/stbsteeler/001.jpg

eafratitpm3
09-29-2010, 03:27 PM

Just bought a Throwback Polamalu, love it!:tt02::tt:

eafratitpm3
09-29-2010, 03:28 PM
I got Troy's off a guy on Ebay for 20 bucks....Throwbacks one of my favorites.
http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz240/stbsteeler/001.jpg

Great deal, just bought one off of EBAY for $119

stb_steeler
09-29-2010, 03:33 PM
WOW you paid $119.....dude you can get em cheaper! Maybe i got mine at the right time, my brother called me and said you gotta get this Polamalu throwback, the guy selling them cheap, so i did. This was 2 years ago.

eafratitpm3
09-29-2010, 03:44 PM
WOW you paid $119.....dude you can get em cheaper! Maybe i got mine at the right time, my brother called me and said you gotta get this Polamalu throwback, the guy selling them cheap, so i did. This was 2 years ago.

It looks like your Polamalu is on a piece of black Fabric, mine actually has the Letters Sewn right on the Jersey. I have a whole closet full of Steeler Jerseys still in Plastic (Mitchell & Ness) and this Polamalu Jersey that I have is just as good if not better. As long as we're happy with our Jersey's that's all that really matters. GO STEELERS!!!!!! Does this guy have any female Throwbacks, I'm looking for a Polamalu for my wife.

stb_steeler
09-29-2010, 04:00 PM
This is the 75th anniversary jersey, its all sewn (reebok) I'll see if i can look him up!

StainlessStill
09-29-2010, 04:02 PM
I posted this before, but I work in the shirting business and have the NFL license. They did way with them some time ago, but every jersey that you see in the stores today for 150$ and up, we got them for a whopping $18.00 at cost. No lie.:toofunny:

stb_steeler
09-29-2010, 04:09 PM
I posted this before, but I work in the shirting business and have the NFL license. They did way with them some time ago, but every jersey that you see in the stores today for 150$ and up, we got them for a whopping $18.00 at cost. No lie.:toofunny:

I believe that, thats how i prolly got this one so cheap! I have never paid over 75 any jersey. Get em while the team is doing poorly and then look.

stb_steeler
09-29-2010, 04:20 PM

I used to make these NFL clocks by the hundreds until they shut me down, i made a killing on them. They wouldnt give me the NFL rights to sell them.

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz240/stbsteeler/002-1.jpg

MikeHaullace
09-29-2010, 04:30 PM
Put me down with wanting to see the throwbacks this week.

It seems like they play a certain kind of lights-out, against the Ravens, in these uniforms. Why stop a good thing?

I'll be honest... I would really like to see a white jersey, white pants combo. Yellow lettering. Black trim. Yellow helmet. Would. Be. Awesome.

rick723
09-29-2010, 04:32 PM

October is breast cancer awareness month. First two weeks everyone will be wearing pink, last two weeks about 25% of the players will wear pink.

stb_steeler
09-29-2010, 04:36 PM
The players that continue to wear the pink stuff usually means they have a family member or know someone or had known with breast cancer.

MasterOfPuppets
09-29-2010, 04:38 PM
strippers ?!?! YAY !! :applaudit:

stb_steeler
09-29-2010, 04:47 PM
strippers ?!?! YAY !! :applaudit:

Yeah Baby!!!

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz240/stbsteeler/lfl071920.jpg

PhantomJB93
09-29-2010, 06:40 PM
Am I the only one who finds these things so goshdarn ugly? I despise it when we wear them, Id rather just wear the regular home uni's all season, or if we had to wear a throwback Id rather just see a 70's one (even if the only major change is the number font)

steelerdave1969
09-29-2010, 06:44 PM

Those Bears uni's have got to be some of the ugliest I have ever witnessed in my life.

steelerdave1969
09-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Am I the only one who finds these things so goddamn ugly? I despise it when we wear them, Id rather just wear the regular home uni's all season, or if we had to wear a throwback Id rather just see a 70's one (even if the only major change is the number font)

Dude this Beginning statement is very disturbing to me as a Born Again Christian and it Shouldnt Be Tolerated on this site in my opinion.
GD is no thing to be saying . . . I hope one day before its Eternally too late that you get forgiveness for this behavior.

PhantomJB93
09-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Dude this Beginning statement is very disturbing to me as a Born Again Christian and it Shouldnt Be Tolerated on this site in my opinion.
GD is no thing to be saying . . . I hope one day before its Eternally too late that you get forgiveness for this behavior.

alright man im sorry I didnt mean any disrespect or anything lol...its just the way i talk sometimes i cant help it, dont mean anything by it though

But seriously, Id even rather we wear those "batman" jerseys than the current throwbacks...

Physical Presence
09-29-2010, 07:09 PM
You're not alone. I can't stand them either. With nothing but yellow on the jersey, it makes them look brown on tv and that's even on a 60 inch high definition plasma set.

Leave our uniforms alone. They look great just the way they are. We don't need a bumble bee helmet, or white pants or anything. The only change I'd be on board with is bringing back the block numbers.

The NFL marketing machine has gotten out of hand.

MikeHaullace
09-29-2010, 07:28 PM
You're not alone. I can't stand them either. With nothing but yellow on the jersey, it makes them look brown on tv and that's even on a 60 inch high definition plasma set.

Leave our uniforms alone. They look great just the way they are. We don't need a bumble bee helmet, or white pants or anything. The only change I'd be on board with is bringing back the block numbers.

The NFL marketing machine has gotten out of hand.

You sound like an old-school traditionalist. I can respect that.

Problem is, the league is always going to be moving forward. Your train of thought requires the team go backward.

Trust me, I wasn't at all happy when they went from the block lettering to the more 'current', rounded style. I have learned to accept and embrace it as something you can't do anything about.

At the end of the day, I personally couldn't care less if they came out in purple tu-tus and snorkel masks, just so long as they come out with the whooping stick in-hand, week in and week out.

Physical Presence
09-29-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm pretty much with you about caring less how them look, it's their play that counts.

That being said, I really got turned off last year with all the 3rd jerseys teams were using. I know it was the 50th anniversary of the AFL and all, but I just really got tired of turning a game on and not being able to tell who the teams were without an investigation.

The Steelers uniforms are classic just the way they are. No need for a change.

MikeHaullace
09-29-2010, 08:13 PM

You know, I'll be honest. I've always been secretly envious of the Packers in the fact that they have stuck to their guns and kept the block lettering.

StainlessStill
09-29-2010, 08:18 PM

Well said. If anything, these throwbacks are a marketing ploy for the NFL to gain more popularity in their already money-making jersey sells. Plus, you see more of the league honoring the old school alumni so it doesn't bother me.

Man, other teams hate us for pretty much everything. We have everything that everyone wants in their football team. #1 fans, traditional/historic city, most Championships, best owners in all of sports, best uniforms in the NFL, blue collar, smash mouth, the rallying Terrible Towel, history of Hall of Famers, the list goes on. :tt04: