PDA

View Full Version : ESPN 1250

draejr
09-28-2010, 09:41 PM
I live in Wisconsin, but I'm a diehard Steeler fan my whole life - parents are from the area. So for the past year I've been downloading 3 shows in iTunes on a daily basis:

The Drive
Stan and Guy
Stillers 365

For the past 2 days there were no new podcasts and I did some searching and it looks like they were all let go Monday. Does anyone have any more info and are there any other local sports shows I can download to get my Pittsburgh fix.

Thanks!

SteelersJW
09-28-2010, 11:06 PM
I too was a diehard fan of ESPN 1250. I was absolutely devastated when I found out the station was shutdown, I stil can't get over it. For 3+ years I have been listening to all three of those shows almost daily, its gonna take me a long time to get over this.

In the meantime checkout 93.7 "The Fan" Its a newer Pittsburgh Sports channel that has a few good Steelers shows. Also check out "Steel Curtain Radio," its a weekly show hosted by Lance Williams, who does a great job breaking down every aspect of the Steelers. My other favorite show is "ESPN Football Today," which is hosted by Matt Williams, a former scout for the Pitt Panthers and Cleveland Browns. He is actually from Pittsburgh and usually carries his Steelers bias.

I personally emailed Ken Laird and thanked him for his service to the fans of Pittsburgh and elsewhere. I regret the fact that I never got to see Ken live at any of his many show locations in Pittsburgh, but I did get to participate with the program by calling in. I'm really gonna miss those guys.