PDA

View Full Version : where will these qb's go/ play?

tony hipchest
03-08-2006, 11:31 PM
culpepper- raiders
brees- miami
kitna- ravens/ jets
ramsey- ravens/ bengals/ jets
mccown- bengals/ jets

as you see i think the jets could be a darkhorse or spoiler for a midrange qb but this could hinge on how serious they are in drafting one of the top 3 qb's in this years draft. they have called for workouts from all 3 rookies. i think jets wind up with mcnown, pennington and a rookie. while the ravens seem like a good fir for kitna i think they may be afraid and to egotistical to bring in someone who has a great shot of unseating boller. i think they bring in ramsey just for some token "competition". if ramsey unseats him good for them. if not they save their pride and can feel better thinking they have a more quality back up.

Ohio Steeler
03-08-2006, 11:39 PM
Mccown- Ravens
Ramsey-Bungals
Kitna- Jets
Culpepper- Raiders
Brees- Miami
Maddox - clowns

This is how I see it Mccown will go to the Ravens they need a young QB to build around , Ramsey works best in Bungal land as CP's back as soon as he comes back, the jets need someone who can play now and Kitna can do just that for them, Culpepper will end up in Okland well cause they will pay him alot to be there and Brees is just what Miami needs and as for Maddox , I do belive Cleveland could pick him up as a 2nd string QB to Frye because I see then leeting go Dilfer who will end up out of football or playing in the AFL somewhere

Thats how I see it now I just wish I got payed to make these moves

tony hipchest
03-08-2006, 11:45 PM
culpepper- raiders
brees- miami
kitna- ravens/ jets
ramsey- ravens/ bengals/ jets
mccown- bengals/ jets

as you see i think the jets could be a darkhorse or spoiler for a midrange qb but this could hinge on how serious they are in drafting one of the top 3 qb's in this years draft. they have called for workouts from all 3 rookies. i think jets wind up with mcnown, pennington and a rookie. while the ravens seem like a good fir for kitna i think they may be afraid and to egotistical to bring in someone who has a great shot of unseating boller. i think they bring in ramsey just for some token "competition". if ramsey unseats him good for them. if not they save their pride and can feel better thinking they have a more quality back up.

DAMN! :dang: how could i forget maddox? :sofunny:

it is remotely possible dallas or new orleans do something wild and wacky that throws a monkeywrench in all of this. and with the new cba better chances that brees is retained for yet another year if not longer. this could throw rivers in the mix (d. bledsoes successor?).

tony hipchest
03-08-2006, 11:50 PM
the bengals need somebody who can play now more than anybody. im not sure if ramsey is that guy to lead them on their afc north *snicker* title defense. miami needs someone real bad too to help them unseat the patriots but they can lean on their defense more than the bengals can. i wouldnt be suprised if they did go with ramsey though. not the best move for them.

Zez
03-08-2006, 11:55 PM
This is a great topic. I would like to provide my insight.

Drew Brees - Miami. I think this is a great move for the Dolphins, possibly catapulting them into first place in the AFC East. They were 9-7 with a garbage passing game in '05. I think the Pats will slip up this year with injuries again.

Dante Culpepper - Raiders. Al Davis would love him to be back with Moss, not to mention Jerry Porter. That will be a dangerous trio in 2 years once Culpepper fully rehabs.

John Kitna - Ravens. They are looking for a starter now. Kitna would be the best available after Brees/Daunte IMO.

Josh McCown - Minnesota. Brad Johnson will need a backup QB. I think a young McCown is their best option.

Patrick Ramsey - Jets. This happens after the draft I think. If the Jets don't draft a QB, they go with Ramsey to compete with Chad Pennington.

Tommy Maddox - Bengals. It likely won't happen...but what if????

RoethlisBURGHer
03-09-2006, 06:50 PM
Brees-Miami...he is just what the doctor ordered for thier ailing air game.

Cullpepper-Raiders...Cullpepper to Moss will make Al Davis happy,for the moment.

Kitna-Ravens...they need a QB who can play now,but they will still suck.

McCown-Jets as Pennington's backup until Noodlearm gets hurt again.Then they will start building around McCown.

Ramsey-Who the hell knows?He hasn't shown much,IMHO.

Maddox-Will be selling insurance by training camp.

boLT fan
03-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Brees-Miami ( I wish SD... )

Cullpepper- Raiders

Kitna- Jets

McCown- Browns

Ramsey- Vikings?

Maddox- Chargers. I doubt this but i'd like it. A veteren who wouldn't mind being a second stringer and could help out Rivers a lot.

Livinginthe past
03-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Brees-Miami ( I wish SD... )

Cullpepper- Raiders

Kitna- Jets

McCown- Browns

Ramsey- Vikings?

Maddox- Chargers. I doubt this but i'd like it. A veteren who wouldn't mind being a second stringer and could help out Rivers a lot.

You would have Maddox willingly as a 2nd QB?

I really dont think this guy is capable of playing for any sustained time at NFL level - which is what might be required if Rivers was to have enough problems that he needed to be dropped.

Maddox is a 3rd string QB who would be capable of carrying a clipboard, sharing experience playing out a little garbage time.....and maybe kicking the odd extra point.

NM

tony hipchest
03-12-2006, 01:16 PM
add b. greise, k. collins, and probably a. brooks to the mix. i could see k. collins being reunited with j. fassel in baltimore.

silver & black
03-12-2006, 04:14 PM
The last I heard, we will not be getting Cullpepper.

The latest news on the QB situation for the Raiders is: Andrew Walter will start and (ugh!) we will sign (UGH!!!) Jeff George as back up.

clevestinks
03-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Brees to NO.

Maddox to Baltimore

tony hipchest
03-15-2006, 01:29 PM
miami has released gus frerotte. http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5412072 and sage rosenfels left to houston. the door seems wide open for maddox to go with mularkey in miami. i think frerotte will go back to minnesota.

i still like k. collins going to the ravens
ramsey to the jets
and brooks going to the raiders or bengals.

tony hipchest
03-16-2006, 12:14 PM
culpepper- raiderswrong
brees- miamiwrong
kitna- ravens/ jetswrong
ramsey- ravens/ bengals/ jets???
mccown- bengals/ jetswrong

. i dont like this game no more. although i guess i have a 1 in 3 shot to be right with ramsey :dang: :cool:

TexaSteeler
03-16-2006, 01:03 PM
No one got any picks correct.

Of course I didn't even know enough guess wrong.

tony hipchest
03-26-2006, 10:49 PM
i still like k. collins going to the ravens
ramsey to the jets
and brooks going to the raiders or bengals.

finally i got 2 right. how long till collins signs with the ravens and if maddox doesnt open for the bengals, who will? (b3engAls either are really confident of palmers return and effectiveness or have really missed the boat on some free agant qb's. maybe their salary cap situation relegetes them to a backup of t. maddox's calibur :bouncy: )