PDA

View Full Version : Boo-Hoo for poor Anquan Boldin!

whatdoiknow
09-29-2010, 06:19 PM
JESUS I hate Idiots like this! I mean God! I, as well as all of my fellow fans here didn't know this huh ? I bust my BUTT,,,as all of you do to BARELY make ends meet, and Boldin comes out with statements like this. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the most Ignorant statement ever...I give this a 12!!

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/10898/Boldin-upset-fans-don-t-factor-in-taxes-on--10-million-salary/Default.aspx

SteelCityMom
09-29-2010, 06:24 PM
What a dipshit.

Waaaa!!! I only make 5 mill after taxes! Waaaa!!! :crying02:

What a loser.

lionslicer
09-29-2010, 06:38 PM
I don't see it as that ignorant. He's saying people are more ignorant because he probably got asked for money 100 times a year when he first got into the NFL, and though 350-500k is nice to live on, you can give a lot out to family, but not 100 people. It is a big misconception that football players are all millionairs, I say some fans are more ignorant than him. He probably should have noted that he bought his family a new house and was feeding them plus himself, and saving money because he's a rookie and not sure of his future, he could get injured, might need money to live on until he finishes college because many players get drafted before they finish their degree. He's actually a really smart guy, he scored a 31 on the wonderlic, thats better than Peyton Manning, and its actually around what scientist score.

Ignorant scale I'd say a 6 or so, he didn't really use the taxes right.

steelerdave1969
09-29-2010, 06:57 PM
What bugs me the most is that he thinks that there is maybe 3 players on that Ravens defense that is Better than Troy Polomalu . . . What a Joke . . . He hasnt seen Rivalry Football Til Sunday at Heinz Field.

whatdoiknow
09-29-2010, 08:14 PM
I don't see it as that ignorant. He's saying people are more ignorant because he probably got asked for money 100 times a year when he first got into the NFL, and though 350-500k is nice to live on, you can give a lot out to family, but not 100 people. It is a big misconception that football players are all millionairs, I say some fans are more ignorant than him. He probably should have noted that he bought his family a new house and was feeding them plus himself, and saving money because he's a rookie and not sure of his future, he could get injured, might need money to live on until he finishes college because many players get drafted before they finish their degree. He's actually a really smart guy, he scored a 31 on the wonderlic, thats better than Peyton Manning, and its actually around what scientist score.

Ignorant scale I'd say a 6 or so, he didn't really use the taxes right.

No sir, it IS a 10+ on the Ignorant scale. I mean what, Anquan doesn't think us everyday work people don't pay taxes ? In fact, Millionairs have access to many different Tax Loop holes. I guarantee you out of 10 Million yearly, Boldin is probably paying about 30 % MAX! after tax shelters and other things. Also, Boldin is forgetting the I'm sure extra money he gets from Endorsments, and trade shows, ect. As for people asking him for money,,,either say NO! Or stop complaining about it.

Like the editor said, even IF Boldin only got 5 million after taxes and what not, that is 5 million dollars that can NEVER be taxed ever again. Hell, if Boldin just put 2 million of that in ANY kind of Standard Bank Account, he would make over 120,000 dollars alone every year just on Interest. And 120,000 dollars is more than what 90 % of America's Doctors make in a whole year.

So No, sorry but Boldin is one Ignorant and Clueless Brother!

lionslicer
09-29-2010, 08:37 PM
No sir, it IS a 10+ on the Ignorant scale. I mean what, Anquan doesn't think us everyday work people don't pay taxes ? In fact, Millionairs have access to many different Tax Loop holes. I guarantee you out of 10 Million yearly, Boldin is probably paying about 30 % MAX! after tax shelters and other things. Also, Boldin is forgetting the I'm sure extra money he gets from Endorsments, and trade shows, ect. As for people asking him for money,,,either say NO! Or stop complaining about it.

Like the editor said, even IF Boldin only got 5 million after taxes and what not, that is 5 million dollars that can NEVER be taxed ever again. Hell, if Boldin just put 2 million of that in ANY kind of Standard Bank Account, he would make over 120,000 dollars alone every year just on Interest. And 120,000 dollars is more than what 90 % of America's Doctors make in a whole year.

So No, sorry but Boldin is one Ignorant and Clueless Brother!

Yeah he's making a lot regardless of how much he gets taxed, but he's never made 10 mill, he's making 2.5 mill now before bonuses, 7 mill if he plays well for the bonuses. And thats still before taxes, though he's taking home millions now, when he was with the Cards he was not taking home millions.

I really think everyone is looking way to into this, he doesn't say that fans are making 350k a year like some players are. But if you were making 350-800k a year, I bet you and your family would come first before you gave any of it to random people you went to college with or friends.

What he's saying is that Yes he's making a lot of money, but just because he's making a lot of money doesn't mean he's richer than God or something. Many NFL players live in suburbs in big houses, but not mansions. He's a tad ignorant on the taxing part, he probably does his own taxes or something and ends up paying 35% fed tax and with state and city taxes, its probably over 50% of how much he makes. He's not saying he's poor because he's only taking home half of a million or 1.5 million or whatever, he shouldn't have used 10 million as an example, but he's right that people have too much of an expectation.

I really can't explain it anymore than that without it getting abstract. You're looking for him to be an ignorant black athlete who has more money than he knows what to do with, many people do this and when you expect a certain view, you make it reality in your mind.

Curtain_of_Steel
09-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Oh come on in Peytons defense he didn't have Archie there holding his hand. Peyton Manning after he tool the test held a press conference and immediately degraded his offensive line and his day for not... Oh wait that was the afc playoffs. Soory guys wrong press conference

Vince Young said it best " you mean its not 6 out of 10? Hey I spelled mys first name right, didn't I?

MasterOfPuppets
09-29-2010, 09:49 PM
though he's taking home millions now, when he was with the Cards he was not taking home millions.

he wasn't ? :huh: 22.74 divided by 4 = millions

Mr. Rosenhaus has represented Anqaun since he came into the NFL from Florida State back in 2003. Boldin signed a four-year, $22.75 million extension with Arizona in August of 2006, and that deal keeps him under contract through the 2010 campaign. Boldin has a base salary of about $2.75 million next season and $3 million in 2010.