PDA

View Full Version : condoleeza rice as new nfl commish

tony hipchest
03-09-2006, 07:25 PM
what are youre thoughts? there are talks that tagliabue may be ready to step down. condoleeza is a HUGE nfl fan and has previously stated this is a job she would love. i think she has done good work with the bush admin and might even be overqualified for the nfl commish job, as far as her resume goes. i dont know any of her stances or positions as far as football goes but who thinks this could or could not work. great idea? or this lady has no clue? one thing i wouldnt question would be her dedication.

boLT fan
03-09-2006, 07:30 PM
The first sign of the apocolypse...

Stillers#1
03-09-2006, 08:12 PM
ya I have to give a huge thumbs down. I would prefer she didn't mess with it, she should just run for Prez.

SteelerzGirl
03-10-2006, 05:45 PM
She's a Browns fan, isn't she? That's enough for me to say no way! She should stick to politics. It's definitely her forte. I'd like to see her run for President of the United States of America. :smile:

BB2W
03-10-2006, 06:01 PM
This may sound sexist or racist, but I wouldn't want a Browns fan as the comissioner of the NFL. She is better suited in a position of less importance... like President of the United States..

Ambridge
03-10-2006, 07:50 PM
That would be an interesting scenario.
A female commissioner dictating NFL policy to a predominantly all male ownerhship.....most of whom are old and grouchy.

They'd probably rip her to shreds. :grin:

Suitanim
03-10-2006, 08:42 PM
Interesting fact about Condi: She has been advising Presidents since Nixon. She also was a key advisor to Bill Clinton. I think it's very comical to see the Dems turn on her without seeing the big picture.

As for NFL Commissioner, I vote for Paul Tagliabue. After that speech that saved the CBA, even Pete Rozelle would be immensely proud!

tony hipchest
03-10-2006, 08:55 PM
great points suit. condi gots balls (figuratively speaking of course) and is a very talented and intriguing woman who would probably excel at anything she does. if she looked a little more like beyonce, she would be my dream girl.

Stlrs4Life
03-11-2006, 10:31 AM
She's a Browns fan, isn't she? That's enough for me to say no way! She should stick to politics. It's definitely her forte. I'd like to see her run for President of the United States of America. :smile:

So would I! hehe, lol.

StillerPaul
03-11-2006, 05:46 PM
This may sound sexist or racist, but I wouldn't want a Browns fan as the comissioner of the NFL. She is better suited in a position of less importance... like President of the United States..

Yep, that pretty much sums up my stance on it as well. Who cares that she'a a woman? Who cares that she's black? She's a freakin' clowns fan! Thats where we have to draw the line. NO F'n way should we have a clowns fan running the show. :boxing:

BB2W
03-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Oh no!... Paul Tagliabue is a Browns fan too. :pity:

Q: As commissioner, I'm sure you root for all 32 teams equally. But as a kid, did you have a favorite team?

Tagliabue: The New York Giants because I grew up in the New York area and they had a star player named Andy Robustelli, and the Cleveland Browns because they were on television a lot and had a star player named Dante Lavelli. Being Italian-American, I had special interest in Italian-American athletes as a kid.

link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8406928

tony hipchest
03-11-2006, 06:34 PM

lol. lets not go hatin on ms. rice too bad now. odds are if tagliabue retires it will be the v.p. or whatever, right under him, that succeeds him. its just cool that condoleeza who could do just about whatever she wants has mentionned the job and holds the nfl in such high regards.

klick81
03-12-2006, 04:13 AM
what are youre thoughts?

:monkey:

SteelerzGirl
03-12-2006, 06:37 PM

Oh well... So much for our Browns fan scenario...(lol). Nice find, BB2W. :smile: