PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Top 100...Steelers screwed

SteelKnight
10-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Here is the list of the 2010 top 100 players. I was not pleased with some of the players ranked above some of our Steelers.

Without cheating, I will give you the 5 Steeler players numbers listed. See if you can guess which Steelers they are.

I think I would have gotten all.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/NFL-football-top-100-player-rankings#sport=NFL&photo=11333702

SteelKnight
10-01-2010, 02:54 PM
As for who is on the list, i guess it is fair but in the future I expect to see Wallace, Timmons and Mendenhall. Hampton and Smith should probably be on there in the 90s. What I didn't think was fair was the numbers. Wen you put Ray Lewis #20 when I feel 3 of our starting 4 LBs are better than him, that sets the tone.

I guess when you think of it, there are 1408 starters in the NFL. We should be honored that 5 of our 22 are considered to be in the top 7% of the leagues starters.

SteelKnight
10-01-2010, 03:00 PM
I'll also say Brendon Marshal should be higher. He made Cutler look better than he is and he is doing the same for Henne. Toss it up and he'll get it.

lionslicer
10-01-2010, 03:02 PM
If I had to guess
4-Ben
14-Troy
41-Harrison
59-Heath? (I was gonna say woodley, but idk)
94-Ward (it was on the link lol)

lionslicer
10-01-2010, 03:05 PM
I really don't think the Steelers were screwed, 5 players in the top 100,
If teams split it up evenly, they'd only have 3 players per team, so 5 is above average. I bet the Browns, Jags, Lions and maybe Bills only have 1 player there

StainlessStill
10-01-2010, 03:08 PM
I'd say:

#4- Polamalu
#14- Roethlisberger
#41- Harrison
#59- Hampton
#94- Ward (on the link.)

This dipshit bonehead has the nerve to write an article on how Hines Ward isn't a Hall of Famer!? What MORE can the man do? Instead of looking at lousy stats that rarely tells the whole story, all you must do is look at one highlight reel of Hines Ward and that would quickly change this buffoons mind. I just don't get how people can't say Ward isn't a Hall of Famer when other teams fans know DAMN WELL they'd be screaming for him if he was on their team!

Wards name will be in Canton.

cloppbeast
10-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Here is the list of the 2010 top 100 players. I was not pleased with some of the players ranked above some of our Steelers.

Without cheating, I will give you the 5 Steeler players numbers listed. See if you can guess which Steelers they are.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/NFL-football-top-100-player-rankings#sport=NFL&photo=11333702

My best guess, but BR might be higher. QBs usually are totally overrated in these lists.

4: Troy Polamalu
14: James Harrison
41: Lamarr Woodley
59: Ben Roethlisberger
95: Hines Ward

SteelKnight
10-01-2010, 03:09 PM
If I had to guess
4-Ben
14-Troy
41-Harrison
59-Heath? (I was gonna say woodley, but idk)
94-Ward (it was on the link lol)

You are close. You should have stuck with Woodley and you would have been right. Heath over Woodley? Are you joking? lol Heath is not on the list. When you have someone struggling to crack the top 10 of his position, don't expect him to be top 100...unless he's a QB.

SteelKnight
10-01-2010, 03:14 PM
I really don't think the Steelers were screwed, 5 players in the top 100,
If teams split it up evenly, they'd only have 3 players per team, so 5 is above average. I bet the Browns, Jags, Lions and maybe Bills only have 1 player there

I guess what gets me is the players they have ABOVE certain Steelers.

I'd say:

#4- Polamalu
#14- Roethlisberger
#41- Harrison
#59- Hampton
#94- Ward (on the link.)

This dipshit bonehead has the nerve to write an article on how Hines Ward isn't a Hall of Famer!? What MORE can the man do? Instead of looking at lousy stats that rarely tells the whole story, all you must do is look at one highlight reel of Hines Ward and that would quickly change this buffoons mind. I just don't get how people can't say Ward isn't a Hall of Famer when other teams fans know DAMN WELL they'd be screaming for him if he was on their team!

Ward will get in but not first ballot. It took Michael Irvin 3 times. For example, I was wondering wy his last SB performance was so poor. I had forgotten that he was injured. If I, as a Steelers fan forgot, non Steeler fans will not remember or care. If he wan't first ballot, he's going to need like 2 more probowls and maybe a Superbowl winning catch. He is a superb blocker so e will make it. They said the question that is asked is "Can the story of football be told without him?" For Ward it is No.

My best guess, but BR might be higher. QBs usually are totally overrated in these lists.

4: Troy Polamalu
14: James Harrison
41: Lamarr Woodley
59: Ben Roethlisberger
95: Hines Ward

Are you kidding Clop? lol Ben at 59? What do you have against ben? lol:sofunny:

lionslicer
10-01-2010, 03:19 PM
I'd say:

#4- Polamalu
#14- Roethlisberger
#41- Harrison
#59- Hampton
#94- Ward (on the link.)

A lot of people think stats have to do with Hall of Fame... But you can look at the owners of the most passing yards in NFL history, and see in the top 10, about half are terrible and really only got so many yards from being in the league so long. On his article he mentioned recievers who aren't in the hall of fame who have top stats. And one of them was Keyshawn Johnson and Keenan McCardell, both having very high career receptions, yardage and touchdowns, but not many people consider them great at all. And McCardell, in the stat book has almost identical stats to Michael Irvin, but in the game they both didn't have big effects on their teams or did well in the playoffs.

lionslicer
10-01-2010, 03:20 PM
You are close. You should have stuck with Woodley and you would have been right. Heath over Woodley? Are you joking? lol Heath is not on the list. When you have someone struggling to crack the top 10 of his position, don't expect him to be top 100...unless he's a QB.

I wasn't sure, Heath is absolutely loved by sports analysts, I didn't know this was the same guy who said Ward wouldn't be in the hall of fame, if I knew that I wouldn't have picked him
The writer is a hack, I really can't take anything he says to the bank.

StainlessStill
10-01-2010, 03:23 PM
Steel, of course Hines is not first ballot. Unfortunately for player like Hines, first ballot H.O.F'ers are power driven off of stats that only the rare raw athletes have put up givin their time period. Hines has been the most underrated receiver not only in the league, but of his time and he has QUIETLY been padding his numbers the last few years, breaking every Steelers record imaginable. People forget that it's very hard to pad stats in a Steelers run system and every other variable. He's not first ballot, but he will eventually be in Canton.

SteelKnight
10-01-2010, 03:27 PM
I wasn't sure, Heath is absolutely loved by sports analysts, I didn't know this was the same guy who said Ward wouldn't be in the hall of fame, if I knew that I wouldn't have picked him
The writer is a hack, I really can't take anything he says to the bank.

The reason I say I would have guessed it is I had guessed the correct order of wich Steelers would be considered valuable but I was shoecked when i didn't see Harrison in the top 40. I was rolling my eyes. I would give him Ray Lewis's spot, give Woodley his spot then give lewis Woodley's spot. lol
20- Harrison
41- Woodley
59-Ray Lewis

lol

SteelKnight
10-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Steel, of course Hines is not first ballot. Unfortunately for player like Hines, first ballot H.O.F'ers are power driven off of stats that only the rare raw athletes have put up givin their time period. Hines has been the most underrated receiver not only in the league, but of his time and he has QUIETLY been padding his numbers the last few years, breaking every Steelers record imaginable. People forget that it's very hard to pad stats in a Steelers run system and every other variable. He's not first ballot, but he will eventually be in Canton.

I agree. If he had Ben his whole career he would have been even more special. Mike Wallace is a lucky dog. Hopefully he and ben stay together for a long time.

To be honest, what puts him in tier 2, despite his excellent blocking is the lack of deep threat. It's not just stats. It is this lack of a deep threat that makes him into a posession receiver only and those are not respected as much. Everyone loves the WR who can strike a dagger in your heart with a bomb...and rigtfully so.

zulater
10-01-2010, 03:34 PM

Promise I've only read the OP on the thread, here's my guesses.

4. Joe Greene
14. Jack Ham
41. Jack Lambert
59. Franco Harris
94. Tery Bradshaw.

Whether I guessed right or not it's a travesty that either one of the players I guessed isn't on the list or someone like Mike webster, Mel Blount, or Ernie Stautner isn't. :mad:.

zulater
10-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Oh shit I was thinking in a historical context?!:doh:

Uh never mind... :flap:

ZoneBlitzer
10-02-2010, 12:13 AM
My two cents...
4-Troy
14-Ben
41-Smith
59-Hampton
94-Ward (can't believe this ranking...?)

whatdoiknow
10-02-2010, 12:27 AM
Ward has always had to take alot of BS from certain media types. If certain writers don't vote him into the HOF, and on his first year he is eligible, it's only cause they are hatful of him killing their own area teams. Hines is alreay considered the greatest Blocking WR ever. And it's most physical. Add on what will be at least 13,000
yards receiving, and close to 100 TD's on a team that doesn't throw it alot...not to mention 2 SB wins and a MVP Award. ?

Ward is the very definition of a first ballet Hall of famer.

SteelKnight
10-02-2010, 02:09 AM
My two cents...
4-Troy
14-Ben
41-Smith
59-Hampton
94-Ward (can't believe this ranking...?)

Nope...only Ward correct. How could you forget about Harrison and Woodley?

SteelKnight
10-02-2010, 02:15 AM
Ward has always had to take alot of BS from certain media types. If certain writers don't vote him into the HOF, and on his first year he is eligible, it's only cause they are hatful of him killing their own area teams. Hines is alreay considered the greatest Blocking WR ever. And it's most physical. Add on what will be at least 13,000
yards receiving, and close to 100 TD's on a team that doesn't throw it alot...not to mention 2 SB wins and a MVP Award. ?

Ward is the very definition of a first ballet Hall of famer.

No way first ballot. It is great that he is a great blocker but he is a possession receiver. Possession receivers aren't as valued. People like the ability to carve out your heart with the deep bomb. That's just the way it is because traditionally, your #1 could hit deep and your number 2 was the possession receiver.

Welker is an amazing possession receiver but he won't get in on first ballot either. Even Michael Irvin took 3 times. The HOF is generally hard on receivers.

ZoneBlitzer
10-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Nope...only Ward correct. How could you forget about Harrison and Woodley?

I was guessing that the media was still in love with Smith and Hampton and that Harrison and Woodley were mere products of the "system".