PDA

View Full Version : Steelers to wear pink

SteelKnight
10-01-2010, 07:52 PM
I guess it's for a good cause. I guess this will be every October since October is breast cancer Awareness month.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Think-Pink-for-Breast-Cancer/5cb140cc-85c7-4248-9018-c27bad7154d1

fer522
10-01-2010, 09:19 PM
i'm all for that

MACH1
10-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Didn't the NFL do this last year? Seems like I remember pink shoes and or gloves.

MasterOfPuppets
10-01-2010, 09:25 PM
http://www.goerieblogs.com/lifestyle/hertimes/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/pink-steelers.jpg

Merchant
10-02-2010, 12:04 AM
http://www.goerieblogs.com/lifestyle/hertimes/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/pink-steelers.jpg

-fukin loses it-

SteelKnight
10-02-2010, 02:03 AM

This is a funny picture because I was thinking I doubt they will combine pink and throwback but it looks like they did it before.

If they are going to do this every year, I hope they save some of the stuff. What a waste to get pink cletes each year for one game...unless they sign it and donate it for auction maybe.

I'll be honest I'm not thrilled that we have to wear pink every year but it's only for one game. I wish they would just keep it to the sidelines.

SteelKnight
10-06-2010, 03:11 PM
It looks like this damn pink thing is for the entire month. Fine.

I know it is for a good cause but if it is going to be for a month and we can get it over with then great but I hope it is only this year then. That's a quarter of the season. We can't wear pink for one month each year. October will always occur during the season and I'm sure those women organizers will always ask again. We can't say no now.

My guess is for future years it will just be for one week ...but they will ask...why not when you've made so much money? I'd be happy if they would just keep it to the sidelines. I'm not too fond of pink on the players...but that's just me.

:hatsoff:

ARKIESTEEL
10-06-2010, 03:59 PM
I noticed that not one of the Raven's players had on any pink.........I guess they hate Breast ????

SteelCityMom
10-06-2010, 04:25 PM
It looks like this damn pink thing is for the entire month. Fine.

I know it is for a good cause but if it is going to be for a month and we can get it over with then great but I hope it is only this year then. That's a quarter of the season. We can't wear pink for one month each year. October will always occur during the season and I'm sure those women organizers will always ask again. We can't say no now.

My guess is for future years it will just be for one week ...but they will ask...why not when you've made so much money? I'd be happy if they would just keep it to the sidelines. I'm not too fond of pink on the players...but that's just me.

:hatsoff:

They did it last year for pretty much the entire month, so I expect it will be the same this year and probably in future seasons as well.

The home team I noticed this year and last though usually wears more pink than the away team, and the amount typically decreases as the month goes on.

Riddle_Of_Steel
10-06-2010, 04:37 PM
I can't stand all the pink crap-- is a real EYESORE, but, is for a GREAT CAUSE!!!!! (Save the boobies)

SteelKnight
10-06-2010, 05:01 PM
They did it last year for pretty much the entire month, so I expect it will be the same this year and probably in future seasons as well.

The home team I noticed this year and last though usually wears more pink than the away team, and the amount typically decreases as the month goes on.

Really? Damn...they did it the whole month last year. That sucks. i like women but this is football. C'mon man. Take that pink elsewhere or keep it to the sidelines. That sucks. We should not have to wear pink for 4 games every year. I hope they cut it down to one week.

I can't stand all the pink crap-- is a real EYESORE, but, is for a GREAT CAUSE!!!!! (Save the boobies)

lol A man of my own heart. I thought I was going to get a lot of flack for voicing my opinion because i know it is for a good cause but it sucks. One month for one year is OK or 1 week each year is OK but not 4 weeks every October...BS...Sorry.

SteelKnight
10-06-2010, 05:01 PM
I vote Breast Cancer changes its month to March. lol

SteelCityMom
10-06-2010, 05:03 PM
I vote Breast Cancer changes its month to March. lol

Yeah, then they can target hockey lol.

I'll admit though, how badass would it be to see a bunch of hockey players fighting and trucking into each other with pink on. It's the color the blood turns when they try to mop it up off the ice. :chuckle:

SteelCityMom
10-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Really? Damn...they did it the whole month last year. That sucks. i like women but this is football. C'mon man. Take that pink elsewhere or keep it to the sidelines. That sucks. We should not have to wear pink for 4 games every year. I hope they cut it down to one week.

lol A man of my own heart. I thought I was going to get a lot of flack for voicing my opinion because i know it is for a good cause but it sucks. One month for one year is OK or 1 week each year is OK but not 4 weeks every October...BS...Sorry.

You hit the nail on the head when you said it's for a good cause. It really should just be left at that. Besides...YOU don't have to wear pink for 4 games every year, only the players and coaches who choose to support the cause do. Nobody is forcing their hand.

The color schemes may be blah, but it's a very good promotion effort. There are many charities who are quite thankful for the NFLs support.

SteelKnight
10-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Yeah, then they can target hockey lol.

I'll admit though, how badass would it be to see a bunch of hockey players fighting and trucking into each other with pink on. It's the color the blood turns when they try to mop it up off the ice. :chuckle:

Yeah...it would be funny watching hockey players in pink.

You hit the nail on the head when you said it's for a good cause. It really should just be left at that. Besides...YOU don't have to wear pink for 4 games every year, only the players and coaches who choose to support the cause do. Nobody is forcing their hand.

The color schemes may be blah, but it's a very good promotion effort. There are many charities who are quite thankful for the NFLs support.

There are many good and worthy causes out there but i don't want my team adjusting their uniforms for that either. I don't even like the throwbacks...lol

Forcing hand? Of course they can't say no. Sorry...a quarter of the season is too long. I even saw them wearing it in practice. One game is enough...or 4 games for 1 season.

SteelCityMom
10-06-2010, 07:55 PM
There are many good and worthy causes out there but i don't want my team adjusting their uniforms for that either. I don't even like the throwbacks...lol.

Forcing hand? Of course they can't say no. Sorry...a quarter of the season is too long. I even saw them wearing it in practice. One game is enough...or 4 games for 1 season.

That's fine, but again, it's something the players who participate WANT to do, not something they are FORCED to do. And yes, they can say no and opt not to wear pink. In fact, it's the league who has allowed the players to wear pink to support the cause in the first place. If you don't like it so much, I guess take it up with them lol.

For the second year in a row, NFL players will wear pink to honor Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Starting in Week 4 of the 2010 NFL season, 30 NFL teams will be hosting pregame and in-stadium initiatives to raise awareness about breast cancer. Many NFL players will be getting in on the act as the league has allowed players to wear pink accessories during games.

Several NFL players will wear pink shoes, tapes or other accessories to remind viewers that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Players will wear a pink ribbon sticker on the back of their helmets.

Before the Bears-Giants game on Oct. 3, 2010, pop star Kelly Rowland will sing the national anthem accompanied by 125 breast cancer survivors who will form the shape of a ribbon at the 50-yard line. The team will also hand out thousands of pink glow necklaces to fans attending the game.

Licensed NFL merchandisers like Nike, Reebok, Adidas and Gatorade are also making pink gear and souvenirs for fans, with some of their proceeds going to breast cancer charities. You can find NFL pink hats and shirts at the NFL website.

The NFL pink breast cancer campaign was originally spearheaded by Carolina Panthers running back DeAngelo Williams. Williams had heard about the idea of NFL players wearing pink accessories and suggested that players wear pink cleats. The issue of breast cancer is a very personal one: his mother is a breast cancer survivor and three of his aunts died from the disease.

For more information, visit the NFL pink website.

http://www.nowpublic.com/sports/nfl-pink-breast-cancer-2010-nfl-wears-pink-shoes-gloves-2690512.html\

So no, no one is forcing them to do this. They will not be fined or scolded if they don't participate. It's their choice to do this throughout the whole month. I personally respect that decision.

steelax04
10-06-2010, 08:30 PM
I hear they are changing American Cheese to be pink for October as well.

SteelCityMom
10-06-2010, 10:06 PM
I hear they are changing American Cheese to be pink for October as well.

:sofunny: That took me a second to get, then it finally sank in.

rick723
10-07-2010, 12:06 AM
Good cause. You know how many women are Steeler fans? A bunch. Lets keep em around. Pink don't make our guys sissy's. I wear pink shirts when I teach sometimes. Someone mentions my pink shirt I point to the best looking girl around and ask "you like my shirt" Usually I get a yes Mr. B it looks great on you. Then I mumble under my breath to the pink questioner, "Sissy!"

steelerohio
10-07-2010, 12:12 AM
If I was playing in the NFL, I'd wear pink during this month because I love my mom, my wife, and my stepdaughter and they're the ones I'd be doing it for.

Real men wears pink as I remember how one slogan goes...

Shea
10-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Bitching about players wearing pink. :doh:

Who gives a shit what they wear. Like it actually takes away from how they play or the overall meaning of a football game. C'mon!

It's a great cause for a disease that needs all the attention it can get.

It's an epidemic that awareness such as the NFL is giving, can educate and therefore prevent more tragedies from happening in all the lives of the women around the world, and god forbid, the ones we love that are in our own lives.

Wallace108
10-07-2010, 12:39 AM
:noidea: Pink looks better than this ...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Zml4NLXrl2k/TF9fdB3yjHI/AAAAAAAAAEw/x1vaG3aVf0g/s1600/ochocinco3.jpg

SteelMember
10-07-2010, 08:41 AM
http://www.shopecbc.com/images/breast_cancer/SavePink.jpg

http://rlv.zcache.com/save_a_life_grope_your_wife_t_shirt_white_black-p235945764596740796q6v8_400.jpg

Steelers>NFL
10-07-2010, 09:52 AM
So it is better to wear pink, raise money for a cure that will never happen (at least medically).
Then it is to tell women or people to change there diet, get off the bad deodorant & all other chemical shit and excercise. This should be the right approach. This is real prevention.

SteelKnight
10-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Bitching about players wearing pink. :doh:

Who gives a shit what they wear. Like it actually takes away from how they play or the overall meaning of a football game. C'mon!

It's a great cause for a disease that needs all the attention it can get.

It's an epidemic that awareness such as the NFL is giving, can educate and therefore prevent more tragedies from happening in all the lives of the women around the world, and god forbid, the ones we love that are in our own lives.

You're a chick...you are probably wearing pink as you are typing. lol

I hate the pink. The Browns made their whole site pink and included the ribbon in their name. lol

All I'm saying is it better be just for this year. I don't want tis pink crap every year. October will coinside with football season every year but I hope we don't do pink every year. I'm a guy. Deal with the complaining. It's not bitching because i'm not wearing pink.

BTW, last year when I saw it, I was very supportive and thought it was a cool idea. This year I'm like "Damn...do we have to wear pink ever October?".

NFL should just wright a check and let's get back to playing with the correct colors. I'm OK for 1 game...just not one month...unless it is a one time thing and we don't have to deal with it in the future.

bigchuck
10-11-2010, 03:22 PM
who cares if they wear pink its for a great cause "boobies" does it really bother you that much if a team wears pink? you might have some issues if it does

lionslicer
10-11-2010, 04:43 PM
So it is better to wear pink, raise money for a cure that will never happen (at least medically).
Then it is to tell women or people to change there diet, get off the bad deodorant & all other chemical shit and excercise. This should be the right approach. This is real prevention.

Actually there is a cure for cancer, but it moves so quickly that most people get to the stage where its impossible to help them. The point is to raise money for research to help find breast cancer in the early stages to save them and possibly find ways to save them when they are in the later stages.

chacha
10-11-2010, 05:09 PM
that's right, it's for a good cause and a secure guy would not worry about a little pink! THINK PINK!!!

ricardisimo
10-11-2010, 06:07 PM
The quickest cure for breast cancer would be to have men undergo the same procedure with their testicles as women undergo during mammograms. You better believe men will take this shit seriously then.

JEFF4i
10-11-2010, 07:55 PM
I think you're actually lame not for not liking it, but for making such a big deal. It's not your thing, who cares?

Personally, having some survivors in my family (yeah, didn't help with the diet and exercise but continue with your backwards logic), and just in general liking a good cause, I've worn pink every day so far this month. :)

harts
10-11-2010, 09:01 PM
not really feeling pink for the whole month - real men dont wear pink

JEFF4i
10-11-2010, 09:24 PM
not really feeling pink for the whole month - real men dont wear pink

You're a tool if you really believe this.

I try my hardest to be a provider, father, husband, son, brother, and friend. I don't know if I can say I'm doing a good enough job to be considered a real man, but I can assure you that I know these are far more important factors than wearing pink.

SteelCityMom
10-11-2010, 10:32 PM

I hate the pink. The Browns made their whole site pink and included the ribbon in their name. lol

All I'm saying is it better be just for this year. I don't want tis pink crap every year. October will coinside with football season every year but I hope we don't do pink every year. I'm a guy. Deal with the complaining. It's not bitching because i'm not wearing pink.

BTW, last year when I saw it, I was very supportive and thought it was a cool idea. This year I'm like "Damn...do we have to wear pink ever October?".

NFL should just wright a check and let's get back to playing with the correct colors. I'm OK for 1 game...just not one month...unless it is a one time thing and we don't have to deal with it in the future.

Again....guess what, it's the players choice to do it. It has nothing to do with the NFL writing a check and making donations. THE PLAYERS CAN CHOOSE IF THEY WANT TO WEAR PINK OR NOT. Many of them CHOOSE to do so.

And you're probably just going to have to get used to it. They did it last year, they are doing it this year, there's a good chance that the players will continue to support a good cause...so you will probably see it next year and for years after that. Might as well get used to it now.

Like I said earlier...if it really bugs you that much, write a letter to some of the players who have family members that have had breast cancer, or have died from breast cancer and tell them it's hurting your eyes and that they should stop doing it. I'm sure they'll take your requests seriously lol.

Shea
10-11-2010, 10:45 PM

You wouldn't by chance know how to put a poster on ignore?

Or should I PM a moderator for the answer?

MasterOfPuppets
10-11-2010, 11:53 PM

or what ??? you gonna boycott football in october ? maybe right a stern letter to godell voicing your displeasure ? :toofunny:

Wallace108
10-12-2010, 12:05 AM
real men dont wear pink

Wanna bet? :chuckle:

http://www.thepensblog.com/images/stories/july2009/wrestlig/bret_hart.jpg

SteelKnight
10-12-2010, 03:26 AM
I think you're actually lame not for not liking it, but for making such a big deal. It's not your thing, who cares?

Personally, having some survivors in my family (yeah, didn't help with the diet and exercise but continue with your backwards logic), and just in general liking a good cause, I've worn pink every day so far this month. :)

You are lame for not understanding that not everybody may be into the pink for the cause. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. There are many causes I feel are important but I might not put, for example a bumper sticker on my car for that cause.

You called another poster an idiot for voicing his opinion that real men don't wear pink. That's his view. I think he meant it lightly but it is you that are taking it too seriously.

Feel free to wear pink every day of every October since it will be breat cancer month every October but don't come with crap if others aren't into it.

You wouldn't by chance know how to put a poster on ignore?

Or should I PM a moderator for the answer?

Yeah...that sounds like an emotional response. See what wearing too much pink does to you? lol Go to the control panel where you check your PMs. On the left you will see something that says edit ignore list. You can just add my name.

SteelKnight
10-12-2010, 03:42 AM
Again....guess what, it's the players choice to do it. It has nothing to do with the NFL writing a check and making donations. THE PLAYERS CAN CHOOSE IF THEY WANT TO WEAR PINK OR NOT. Many of them CHOOSE to do so.

And you're probably just going to have to get used to it. They did it last year, they are doing it this year, there's a good chance that the players will continue to support a good cause...so you will probably see it next year and for years after that. Might as well get used to it now.

Like I said earlier...if it really bugs you that much, write a letter to some of the players who have family members that have had breast cancer, or have died from breast cancer and tell them it's hurting your eyes and that they should stop doing it. I'm sure they'll take your requests seriously lol.

LOL. Nicely said...ha. I think one week would be good. I see your point but I'm sure you see my point too. There are many causes that I find important that I would not alter certain things for.

light pink is just girly. I don't like it. Why not change the Steelers' helmet to have flowers instead of the diamond things for a quarter of the year with a pink stripe instead of gold? Why only one month?

I have a pink dress shirt and a purple one too...lol It looks good with some ties with pink (or purple) but outside of that, for a regular shirt, I won't be wearing pink. Oh...I also have a hot pink summer shirt that looks good with white shorts. So it's not homophobia or anything like that. Some people just don't like it.

Thanks for not being too worked up about people voicing their opinions.

SteelCityMom
10-12-2010, 10:29 AM
LOL. Nicely said...ha. I think one week would be good. I see your point but I'm sure you see my point too. There are many causes that I find important that I would not alter certain things for.

light pink is just girly. I don't like it. Why not change the Steelers' helmet to have flowers instead of the diamond things for a quarter of the year with a pink stripe instead of gold? Why only one month?

I have a pink dress shirt and a purple one too...lol It looks good with some ties with pink (or purple) but outside of that, for a regular shirt, I won't be wearing pink. Oh...I also have a hot pink summer shirt that looks good with white shorts. So it's not homophobia or anything like that. Some people just don't like it.

Thanks for not being too worked up about people voicing their opinions.

Nobody cares if you wear pink or not....just quit bitching about the NFL players who choose to do it to support a good cause. Bitching about it on a BB isn't going to accomplish anything besides offending people who have family members that have or have had breast cancer. If it is that important to you, and you want it to change, write some letters like I have suggested. Otherwise, it just looks petty on your part.

vasteeler
10-12-2010, 11:54 AM
i dont mind the pink at all.......great cause

Stu Pidasso
10-12-2010, 01:00 PM
#1: As long as the Steelers are playing/winning, I don't care if they are wearing lacey thongs and tube tops.

#2: Look on the bright side: The Browns have been raising awareness for Prostate cancer with their uniforms for DECADES...

#3: I love boobies.

steelax04
10-12-2010, 01:06 PM
I must be a real sissy supporting both the pink (breast cancer) and purple (domestic violence awareness) causes this month.

MasterOfPuppets
10-12-2010, 01:07 PM
#1: As long as the Steelers are playing/winning, I don't care if they are wearing lacey thongs and tube tops.

#2: Look on the bright side: The Browns have been raising awareness for Prostate cancer with their uniforms for DECADES...

:thumbsup: indeed .... anything that keeps boobies on the ladies, i'm all for it

ricardisimo
10-12-2010, 04:17 PM
It would actually be ingenious to have the team wear all pink. Pink has been shown to have a calming effect, and lowers adrenaline levels. Having the other team stare at your pink uniform the entire game will just lull them into complacency by game's end. If only we could get them to toke out ahead of time as well, all of our opponents would just forfeit their games, cuz it just ain't worth all the violence, bro.

Peace.:peace:

caplovestroyp43
10-12-2010, 04:38 PM
REAL men DO wear pink. I have lost 3 aunts, 1 cousin and countless friends to cancer PLUS my one aunt lost a breast to it. 23 years in remission thank God but still.

I think it's wonderful they do that. It's only 4 weeks. It's not like it's the entire season. Quit your whining about it people and if you've never lost anyone to cancer, be thou very grateful. It's a vile, rotten, nasty, hellish disease that I wished would go to hell and STAY THERE!!

Cap...who absolutely HATES the "C" word!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

tony hipchest
10-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Heath Miller and his wife Katie will host Bid for Hope IX on Monday, October 18 at Bossa Nova.

The event benefits Glimmer of Hope, a foundation that is committed to raising funds for breast cancer research and finding a cure.

“It’s for a great cause,” said Heath Miller, whose cousin successfully battled the disease. “It’s something that has been a part of the Steelers for a while now. It’s such a good thing. It’s important for us to contribute.”

Miller and many of his Steelers teammates will be on hand at the event, which also includes a silent and live auction with autographed Steelers memorabilia.

“The Steelers exposure helps tremendously,” said Diana Napper, the founder of Glimmer of Hope. “What they do on the field is so important, and it’s great. What they do off is so important to an organization like mine. It is one thing to be able to catch a ball, throw a pass. But to take time out of your day to help another human being says a lot for the organization and the people they employ.”

last year i saw pee-wee league kids wearing the pink on their own accord because they saw the pro's doing it (and believe it or not, they knew which cause they were representing).

last friday i went to our HS football game and all the kids were wearing it in an organized effort.

if nothing else (as opposed to just supporting a good cause), perhaps it will help teach these young males be a man and stand up for something bigger than themselves and their own little egos, and not worry about what the anti pink whiners think.

ricardisimo
10-12-2010, 07:28 PM
I always knew you were a pinko, Tony. Venom had you pegged.

vasteeler
10-12-2010, 07:34 PM

for some reason big snack entered my mind when i read this :puke:

vasteeler
10-12-2010, 07:35 PM
hey steelknight :sissies:

JEFF4i
10-12-2010, 08:18 PM
You are lame for not understanding that not everybody may be into the pink for the cause. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. There are many causes I feel are important but I might not put, for example a bumper sticker on my car for that cause.

You called another poster an idiot for voicing his opinion that real men don't wear pink. That's his view. I think he meant it lightly but it is you that are taking it too seriously.

Feel free to wear pink every day of every October since it will be breat cancer month every October but don't come with crap if others aren't into it.

Yeah...that sounds like an emotional response. See what wearing too much pink does to you? lol Go to the control panel where you check your PMs. On the left you will see something that says edit ignore list. You can just add my name.

You're a tool for not following my logic, and misquoting me.

SAVE THE TATAS

steelax04
10-12-2010, 09:16 PM
last year i saw pee-wee league kids wearing the pink on their own accord because they saw the pro's doing it (and believe it or not, they knew which cause they were representing).

last friday i went to our HS football game and all the kids were wearing it in an organized effort.

if nothing else (as opposed to just supporting a good cause), perhaps it will help teach these young males be a man and stand up for something bigger than themselves and their own little egos, and not worry about what the anti pink whiners think.

You mentioned a Heath Miller event... bet there are other TEs in the league that would do a much better job.

tony hipchest
10-12-2010, 09:28 PM
You mentioned a Heath Miller event... bet there are other TEs in the league that would do a much better job.

:chuckle: touche'

his production in the charitable event participation isnt what i am looking for in a tight end.

SteelKnight
10-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Nobody cares if you wear pink or not....just quit bitching about the NFL players who choose to do it to support a good cause. Bitching about it on a BB isn't going to accomplish anything besides offending people who have family members that have or have had breast cancer. If it is that important to you, and you want it to change, write some letters like I have suggested. Otherwise, it just looks petty on your part.

I don't follow that "shut up" mass crap. I hardly think voicing my opinion on it on an anonymous sports board is taking it to an extreme.

People should be free to have different ideas. If someone is so offended, they can skip a thread or they can voice opinion is an adult way (which you had been doing).

Not being into doing something does not mean that one does not care about a cause (bumper stickers good example).

I still hope it is not for a month every season (despite the good cause).

tony hipchest
10-12-2010, 09:50 PM
youre the dude who harped on ben for a month, right?

and then it was miller? now youre gonna spend a month harping on pink?

i sure hope its not gonna be a new topic to harp on every month for the entire season.

we all have the rights to our opinion right?

:yawn:

SteelKnight
10-12-2010, 09:52 PM
REAL men DO wear pink. I have lost 3 aunts, 1 cousin and countless friends to cancer PLUS my one aunt lost a breast to it. 23 years in remission thank God but still.

I think it's wonderful they do that. It's only 4 weeks. It's not like it's the entire season. Quit your whining about it people and if you've never lost anyone to cancer, be thou very grateful. It's a vile, rotten, nasty, hellish disease that I wished would go to hell and STAY THERE!!

Cap...who absolutely HATES the "C" word!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorry for your fight. Thanks for sharing.

It is certainly a good cause. I think this is just a respectful disagreement (for those who do not feel the need to insult those who disagree with them) about how long is too long. To me, a quarter of every season is a lot (one season would be cool). One game would be a nice reminder. You might think 4 games is good and someone might think all players should wear pink for the whole season every season and if you were to disagree, some would get nasty and tell you it is for a good cause. So...it is just an opinion about how long is too long.

There are a lot of causes out there.

I'm sure some would like us to change our Steelers symbol to 3 flowers for a permanent rememinder and if you complained, they would make you look like you don't care.

SteelCityMom
10-12-2010, 09:56 PM
I don't follow that "shut up" mass crap. I hardly think voicing my opinion on it on an anonymous sports board is taking it to an extreme.

People should be free to have different ideas. If someone is so offended, they can skip a thread or they can voice opinion is an adult way (which you had been doing).

Not being into doing something does not mean that one does not care about a cause (bumper stickers good example).

I still hope it is not for a month every season (despite the good cause).

I get voicing your opinion on it, that's fine, but you did that on the first page lol. Now it just starts to look petty and whiny. Sorry, but that's how it comes off.

Not telling you to follow the "shut up" mass crowd or anything, but seriously, if it bothers you that much, quit complaining on a meaningless board and do something proactive about it (like writing the players who choose to participate). Otherwise, it just comes off the wrong way.

We get it, you don't like pink on your football players...fine, but don't act like anyone is putting a gun (or a contract) to their head and making them do it. Most of them seem very happy to participate in it for the entire month. For that reason, I doubt you'll get your wish of it not happening every year.

SteelKnight
10-12-2010, 09:59 PM
youre the dude who harped on ben for a month, right?

and then it was miller? now youre gonna spend a month harping on pink?

i sure hope its not gonna be a new topic to harp on every month for the entire season.

we all have the rights to our opinion right?

:yawn:

Whatever...junior high...lol Ben is my favorite player in sports. Show me where I harped on Ben for a month.

My opinions on Miller are quite clear. I like him but he's not the best TE in the league. There are others I would prefer...unless he will give us more this year.

SteelKnight
10-12-2010, 10:09 PM
I get voicing your opinion on it, that's fine, but you did that on the first page lol. Now it just starts to look petty and whiny. Sorry, but that's how it comes off.

Not telling you to follow the "shut up" mass crowd or anything, but seriously, if it bothers you that much, quit complaining on a meaningless board and do something proactive about it (like writing the players who choose to participate). Otherwise, it just comes off the wrong way.

We get it, you don't like pink on your football players...fine, but don't act like anyone is putting a gun (or a contract) to their head and making them do it. Most of them seem very happy to participate in it for the entire month. For that reason, I doubt you'll get your wish of it not happening every year.

Fine...I was surprised when I saw your post because I said SCMom always discusses things in a mature way even when she disagrees so I thought someone had stolen you account. lol

You made some good points.

That's just it, it doesn't bother me enough to write letters or organize boycotts, lol. I don't know where you are reading that. It just bothered me enough to whine on a message board. I think you are overinterpreting my dislike.

As far as going on, there are those like you that provided some reasonable points of disagreement and then there were a couple that tried that peer pressure insulting technique to try to intimidate those who disagree with them from speaking up. I don't go for that.

It's not that big of a deal. I think it is tacky and would prefer it not to be for a quarter of every season. People should respect that just like I respect that they think it might look good or that they think it is cool to look tacky for a quarter of a season every year. It is just about differences of opinion. That's what a message board is about.

SteelKnight
10-12-2010, 10:10 PM

:sofunny: nice. Good humor

SteelCityMom
10-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Fine...I was surprised when I saw your post because I said SCMom always discusses things in a mature way even when she disagrees so I thought someone had stolen you account. lol

Pffft...whoever told you that is a goddamn liar liar pants on fire! I know I can be a huge bitch...but I'll just tell you what I tell my better half...'Sit down and deal with it!' (then I get this mean look on my face and he usually points and laughs).

To the rest of your post, that's cool. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this. I don't see it as a bad thing, or anything that's hurting the league or the players, so I immediately have no problems with it.

SteelKnight
10-12-2010, 10:22 PM
Pffft...whoever told you that is a goddamn liar liar pants on fire! I know I can be a huge bitch...but I'll just tell you what I tell my better half...'Sit down and deal with it!' (then I get this mean look on my face and he usually points and laughs).

To the rest of your post, that's cool. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this. I don't see it as a bad thing, or anything that's hurting the league or the players, so I immediately have no problems with it.

LOL Yeah cool. We can't all agree on everything. I respect that. I do enjoy reading your posts. You are good at disagreeing without offending or trying to condescend.

rick723
10-13-2010, 04:06 PM
I wore a pink shirt to school last week. I teach college. A female said teasing Mr ****** I can't believe you wore a pink shirt. I pointed to three different girls and said, you like my shirt? All three said yes, real men wear pink. The 1st girl then said I still can't believe you wear that shirt. I said look at those girls, all three are way better looking than you. Funny, that 1st girl ha't talked to me since.

chacha
10-13-2010, 04:54 PM
I wore a pink shirt to school last week. I teach college. A female said teasing Mr ****** I can't believe you wore a pink shirt. I pointed to three different girls and said, you like my shirt? All three said yes, real men wear pink. The 1st girl then said I still can't believe you wear that shirt. I said look at those girls, all three are way better looking than you. Funny, that 1st girl ha't talked to me since.

Good for you for wearing pink, you should be proud. I see guys in pink and they look good! But mebbee you should just explain to the girl why and not be cultivating the shallow thing about the looks :noidea:

Stu Pidasso
10-13-2010, 05:15 PM
Have I mentioned I love boobies?

chacha
10-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Good to know