PDA

View Full Version : Who I like, Baltimore-Pittsburgh

mesaSteeler
10-01-2010, 09:44 PM
http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/
NFL from the sidelines

After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop.
Friday, October 01, 2010

Who I like, Baltimore-Pittsburgh

There's been no smack talk this week - at least publicly - because the Steelers and Ravens know how much is at stake this week.

A win by the Steelers would put them in excellent position and put the Ravens behind the eight ball at 2-2 - and more importantly, 1-2 in the AFC North.

Because of that, the Ravens need this game more than the Steelers, which is usually a big factor for me when picking games.

But, the intensity of the rivalry cancels that out. Neither of these teams takes a game against the other for granted. There will be plenty of emotion to go around.

The Steelers have a way of making Joe Flacco look like some guy the Ravens just brought in off the street. But, Ray Rice's quickness and elusiveness also causes problems for the Pittsburgh defense.

That said, the Steelers are 4-0 under Mike Tomlin against the Ravens in Pittsburgh.

And this Baltimore defense can be run on - not because of its front seven, but because its secondary doesn't play the run very well.

Rashard Mendenhall has been getting into the secondary this season.

Take Pittsburgh, 16-13

Fire Haley
10-01-2010, 10:12 PM
I thought Mesa would be telling us his/her prediction, whata bummer.

mesaSteeler
10-02-2010, 12:45 AM
I thought Mesa would be telling us his/her prediction, whata bummer.

Sorry to disappoint you but I do have to keep the article title and the thread title the same or we will end up with too many duplications. My guess as to the final score would be no better and most likely worse than some other persons. It's why I don't bet on football.