PDA

View Full Version : Offseason rankings - RB

Livinginthe past
03-10-2006, 12:51 AM
Here we go for the second in the offseason series!

I'll give you my Top5 RB's and a bit about why I rate them so highly.

1. LaDainian Tomlinson

Has been the the premiere RB for the last 3/4 years on a consistent basis. Consistently around the 4ypc area and often in the 5ypc bracket.
A TD machine with 80 TD's (receiving and running) in just 5 years and always excels as a passing option out of the backfield.
Spent most of his career on a poor team that hasn't had a decent QB until Drew Brees rediscovered his form - teams know san Diego is going to run and they STILL cant stop him.

2.Larry Johnson

A fantastic year for Larry - who finally moved out of the considerable shadow of the Priest, in his first year as starter. Another AFC player, so another player who has to face the best run D's on a regular basis.
Looks like another big year for Larry - if the Chiefs can keep their elite but ageing O-line healthy.

3. Tiki Barber

Always had the talent, but often shot himself and his team in the foot with regular fumbling problems. This problem appears to have been consigned to the past for now.
NY Giants have been a far from dominating team, suffering from a lack of cutting edge in the passing game - again teams know the Giants are going to run it.
Has piled up and average of 1500 yards per year over the last 4 years of his career, and is also a real threat catching the ball.

4. Shaun Alexander

Finished top of the pile this year in terms of total yardage, but questions remain about his big game mentality. Average 4.6 ypc in the regular season against mostly NFC opposition but couldnt replicate that form in the SB - plays behind the best run O-Line in the league.

5. Rudi Johnson

Another jewel in the offensively blessed Bengals team. In his two years as starter has averaged just under 1500 yards per season and 4.3 ypc. If the Bengals cannot improve their sieve like D - then Rudi is going to see alot of the ball this year.

Thats about it.

Feel free to add your thoughts and/or a top 5 of your own.

NM

BB2W
03-10-2006, 01:18 AM
1. Larry Johnson (The Man-Beast)
11. L.T. (He can do it all)
12. Shaun Alexander (very consistant)
13. Edgerrin James (I've always liked his running style)
14. Clinton Portis (I just like him better than Tiki)

I decided that since Larry Johnson is approximately ten times better than any running back the game has ever seen, that if he is #1... the next closest guy is #11. L.J. is gonna take the league by storm next season and rush for around 3,500 yards... maybe more.
<>

Ohio Steeler
03-10-2006, 08:48 AM
ok best RB all around in the NFL if you ask me is L.T followed by Shaun Alexander I would then have to say the order would be Larry Johnson, Warrick Dunn and Edgerrin James

tony hipchest
03-10-2006, 10:34 AM
remember when priests 1st year in k.c. was looked at as a possible fluke or aberation? he just kept getting better and better. say hello to

1. larry johnson the rest of this list is right in tune w/ bb2w
2. l.t.
3. shaun alexander
4. e. james
5. willie parker. this will be his break out year. with the emergence of ben, the retirement of jerome and the questions about duce, the offense must open up even more and willie will prove he can carry the load

MichiSteeler
03-10-2006, 03:44 PM
1. Larry Johnson
2. LT
3. Alexander
4. Tiki Barber
5. Clinton Portis

Milkman
03-10-2006, 05:21 PM
1 - LT
2 - LJ
3 - Edge
4 - Alexander
5 - Carnell Williams (I know he's young, but watch him go this year)