PDA

View Full Version : Is Emmanuel Sanders a Bust ?

whatdoiknow
10-02-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm wondering why our 3rd round WR, who according to all sources during training camp was lighting it up. And who said was getting and understanding our complete play book is on our constant deactivated list. And our 6th rounder from Central Michigan is constantly activated on game days ? I mean why can't someone like Sanders who is supposed to be so fast, with great hands and return abilty can't displace say A.Battle ? I know Battle plays on our coverage unit. But it's not like he is All-World at it. It's not like he will be greatly missed. I can only come to the conclusion that maybe Sanders is NOT all that. And has been struggling in practice. Cause I know Sanders did very little when played in the pre-season games. As where Antonio Brown was All-World in the pre-season. So my question is this,,,is E.Sanders the next Willie Reid ?

jjpro11
10-02-2010, 03:47 PM
are you kidding me? it's only three games into his career and you are calling him a bust. he was deactivated because of an injury.

and i don't know what preseason you were watching.. both Sanders looked good to me.

whatdoiknow
10-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Sanders is not Injured at all. And he had 3 total catches in pre-season for 23 Yds. Tell me again how Impressive he was :-)

sbbound
10-02-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm wondering why our 3rd round WR, who according to all sources during training camp was lighting it up. And who said was getting and understanding our complete play book is on our constant deactivated list. And our 6th rounder from Central Michigan is constantly activated on game days ? I mean why can't someone like Sanders who is supposed to be so fast, with great hands and return abilty can't displace say A.Battle ? I know Battle plays on our coverage unit. But it's not like he is All-World at it. It's not like he will be greatly missed. I can only come to the conclusion that maybe Sanders is NOT all that. And has been struggling in practice. Cause I know Sanders did very little when played in the pre-season games. As where Antonio Brown was All-World in the pre-season. So my question is this,,,is E.Sanders the next Willie Reid ?

Not for nothing but Sanders had 9 receptions for 149 yards this pre-season. For a second teamer thats not too bad. He looked really good from what I saw of him. He got a ton of looks beyond his receptions. I dont think his deactivation has as much to do with him being a 'bust' as it just makes roster sense right now. I'd say by no means is Randle-El a lock for #3 next year depending on players developement. Brown is a special teams ace thus he demands a roster spot and Battle is another player brought in to bolster the special teams, with the bonus of being a veteran wideoout. I dont understand how you can come to the conclusion that Battle wouldn't be missed on special teams? Our special teams got torched last year. They simply just dont have the roster spot at this point because the upgrade at special teams is obviously of more importance to the front office. Give the kid some time before you label him a bust or anything close to that. Also how is a rookie 3rd rounder that hasn't seen the field yet a bust? Its not like the steelers traded next years 1st rounder to move to #3 in the 1st round to pick him.

whatdoiknow
10-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Okay but, Brown, who is a great Punt returner in college has been an average Kick-off guy. Yes I know he had that long TD against Tennessee. But that was more of a deception return then pure speed and skill return. And when it comes to Kick-off returns, usually pure speed is more dangerous then quick side to side movement like Brown has. So one would think that Sanders would be more of a threat on Kick-offs then Brown. Also, tems don't waste a valuable roster spot on a rookie who ONLY returns kick-offs. The steelers have many others who can do that..( Moore, El, Wallace, ect )...and since ANY WR can get hurt during a game, then It is obvious that as a potential Back-up WR, Brown has the confidence of the coaches more than Sanders does.

And that is so obviously clear. I'm not saying Sanders IS a Bust...I was just asking about the possibility.

sbbound
10-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Okay but, Brown, who is a great Punt returner in college has been an average Kick-off guy. Yes I know he had that long TD against Tennessee. But that was more of a deception return then pure speed and skill return. And when it comes to Kick-off returns, usually pure speed is more dangerous then quick side to side movement like Brown has. So one would think that Sanders would be more of a threat on Kick-offs then Brown. Also, tems don't waste a valuable roster spot on a rookie who ONLY returns kick-offs. The steelers have many others who can do that..( Moore, El, Wallace, ect )...and since ANY WR can get hurt during a game, then It is obvious that as a potential Back-up WR, Brown has the confidence of the coaches more than Sanders does.

And that is so obviously clear. I'm not saying Sanders IS a Bust...I was just asking about the possibility.

Brown is a KR/WR. His value at this point is higher than sanders, that is as clear as reynolds ceran wrap. As i said in my original post.. I dont think Randle El is a lock #3 wr in the future, but right now hes creating a stop gap thats preventing sanders from getting his shot. Unfortunately for Sanders hes just going to have to wait and prove his worth. Also, another note on brown.. The jury is still out on his competence as a return guy. Its not like hes out there a ton of times a game returning kicks, because the steelers d doesn't give up any points. He's had 6 total ko/punt returns, and one, deceptive or not, went for a very important TD. Sanders returned a kick week 1 and hasn't seen any action since.. it is very obvious Brown is getting the nod because of his return ability, and they look at sanders as more of a pure WR.

SteelCityMom
10-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Sanders is not Injured at all. And he had 3 total catches in pre-season for 23 Yds. Tell me again how Impressive he was :-)

Sanders certainly was injured...it was well reported on as well. He was injured during the Falcons game (Brown was not activated for that game).

Steelers vs. Titans injury report

Steelers: DT Casey Hampton (hamstring) and T Max Starks (ankle) are out. WR Emmanuel Sanders (quad) and LB Jason Worilds (shoulder) are doubtful. WR Arnaz Battle (knee), QB Byron Leftwich (knee) and CB Bryant McFadden (groin) are probable.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2010/09/17/steelers-vs-titans-injury-report/

Rookie wide receiver Antonio Brown likely will dress for his first NFL game this coming Sunday when the Pittsburgh Steelers travel to Nashville to take on the Tennessee Titans. Fellow rookie Emmanuel Sanders is dealing with a quadricep injury that Sanders himself said was more serious than he initially thought. If Sanders can't go or is excessively burdened by the quad come the weekend, it would make sense that Brown would get the start. Brown and Sanders reportedly compete directly each week for the final spot on the wide receiver depth chart.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2010/9/16/1693718/antonio-brown-does-his-best-chris

whatdoiknow
10-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Brown is a KR/WR. His value at this point is higher than sanders, that is as clear as reynolds ceran wrap. As i said in my original post.. I dont think Randle El is a lock #3 wr in the future, but right now hes creating a stop gap thats preventing sanders from getting his shot. Unfortunately for Sanders hes just going to have to wait and prove his worth. Also, another note on brown.. The jury is still out on his competence as a return guy. Its not like hes out there a ton of times a game returning kicks, because the steelers d doesn't give up any points. He's had 6 total ko/punt returns, and one, deceptive or not, went for a very important TD. Sanders returned a kick week 1 and hasn't seen any action since.. it is very obvious Brown is getting the nod because of his return ability, and they look at sanders as more of a pure WR.

Okay, lets say you're right., and I agree. But still even with that said, don't you feel that with all of Sanders pure speed and Athleticism, as well as his catching ability that he would be a better guy to have on our active roster then say the unused Battle ? Cause Battle is not now, or ever has been considered a great ST player. And as a WR, he is very limited as well. And most of us here would probably think that IF we had to call on either Battle, or Sanders as a needed WR, wouldn't we all say that Sanders is the better option ?

Hi5Steeler
10-02-2010, 04:24 PM
wrong

Sanders has a quadriceps injury and THAT is why he hasnt been activated. Sanders was much better than randle el when healthy.

BlockMonsta
10-02-2010, 04:27 PM
And as your name implies...

ricardisimo
10-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Any drafted Steeler who doesn't make the Pro Bowl and HoF is a bust. :doh:

ricardisimo
10-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Okay, lets say you're right., and I agree. But still even with that said...
Translation: I didn't really think this through before I posted, I had no idea that Sanders had actually started the first game, while Brown did not, I had no idea he was seriously injured, and I had no idea Brown was a KR and not a PR, but I like the sound of my own fingers tapping the tripe away, so...

cloppbeast
10-02-2010, 05:43 PM

Dude, c'mon. :doh:

Set-Man
10-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Holy crap, are you joking? It is 3 weeks into the season and you're labeling a rookie as a bust? He needs to learn the offense, stay healthy and then when given opportunities take advantage of them. He hasn't had the chance to do any of those three. Sanders looks like an athlete to me. Brown is good, too and only comes to mind because of his kick return. What if Sanders got that reverse? He would have most likely taken it to the house too. That return was set-up by the blocking, etc.

Willie Reid was given a few years to show something and did not.

Not even a close comparison. You can restart this post in 3 years....

DanRooney
10-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Sanders had a quad injury during week 1 and Brown was activated in his place.

We won't see him on the field until Ben comes back and we have the flexibility to sit guys like Randle El. Right now, Tomlin is playing the safe route and not letting his rookie wideouts on the field much.

And you can't be serious dude. We don't have a legit QB right now. Hard to get the ball to anyone when your getting passes from a Pat White bust and Charlie Batch.

theplatypus
10-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Translation: I didn't really think this through before I posted, I had no idea that Sanders had actually started the first game, while Brown did not, I had no idea he was seriously injured, and I had no idea Brown was a KR and not a PR, but I like the sound of my own fingers tapping the tripe away, so...

Lmao!!

whatdoiknow
10-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Holy crap, are you joking? It is 3 weeks into the season and you're labeling a rookie as a bust? He needs to learn the offense, stay healthy and then when given opportunities take advantage of them. He hasn't had the chance to do any of those three. Sanders looks like an athlete to me. Brown is good, too and only comes to mind because of his kick return. What if Sanders got that reverse? He would have most likely taken it to the house too. That return was set-up by the blocking, etc.

Willie Reid was given a few years to show something and did not.

Not even a close comparison. You can restart this post in 3 years....

Labeling a Bust ? Where did I ever write I said Sanders was a Bust ? You know reading is Fun! :applaudit: Maybe you might try to learn it some day.

SteelKnight
10-02-2010, 06:30 PM

Actually Brown did both (KR/PR). I wonder if Brown has been fumbling PR in practice so they want more stable hands ...therefore Randal El.

I really don't care about getting Sanders out there now since there is nobody to throw it to him. It will only make him look inadequate. When Ben comes back, I hope he is given a chance to compete for 3rd WR.

This far, I have been more impressed with ARE than I thought I would be. He lacks speed but has been running decent routes. We'll only know how he is dowing when ben comes back.

May the Best man win. I don't care. There is always next year for sanders to compete. He'll know the offense even better. It sucks that just when they were learning their positions Tomlin switched it up on them. They should only have to learn 2 positions as a rookie. Slot and whatever back up position Tomlin has chosen for them. That should have been SE and slot.

BlackNGold88
10-02-2010, 06:33 PM
A bust after 3 games? What the hell. You gotta wait at least 3 years to tell if a WR is really a bust or not.

DanRooney
10-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Actually Brown did both (KR/PR). I wonder if Brown has been fumbling PR in practice so they want more stable hands ...therefore Randal El.

I really don't care about getting Sanders out there now since there is nobody to throw it to him. It will only make him look inadequate. When Ben comes back, I hope he is given a chance to compete for 3rd WR.

This far, I have been more impressed with ARE than I thought I would be. He lacks speed but has been running decent routes. We'll only know how he is dowing when ben comes back.

May the Best man win. I don't care. There is always next year for sanders to compete. He'll know the offense even better. It sucks that just when they were learning their positions Tomlin switched it up on them. They should only have to learn 2 positions as a rookie. Slot and whatever back up position Tomlin has chosen for them. That should have been SE and slot.

:toofunny: :rofl: :toofunny: :rofl: :toofunny: :rofl:

+

lmao

You obviously haven't been watching the games.

So far, I think he has 4 catches as a WR with 2 dropped passes and 6 yards on maybe 16 punts? I never knew someone could be so impressed with someone's fair catching ability.

Riddle_Of_Steel
10-02-2010, 06:56 PM

+

lmao

So far, I think he has 4 catches as a WR with 2 dropped passes and 6 yards on maybe 16 punts? I never knew someone could be so impressed with someone's fair catching ability.

I have to agree with that one. I was totally stoked when I saw we resigned Randle El to the team, but whatever magic he had back in 2005 seems to have left him during those horrible, PTSD-inducing years wasted in Jim Zorn's system in D.C.

He has been great at fair catches and dancing around for about 2 yards on returns. Has done nothing in the passing game, but obviously the jury has to remain out on that one until Big Dummy comes back.

MasterOfPuppets
10-02-2010, 07:01 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/Thread-Crap-Parental_Advisory.gif

pete74
10-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Maybe sanders will be yet another bust or maybe he will be a pro bowler, nobody knows. All that is certain is none of us know the answer to that question yet. Let's wait until the end of the season before tossing our opinions

whatdoiknow
10-02-2010, 07:04 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/Thread-Crap-Parental_Advisory.gif

Stupid ? Why ? I never said Sanders was a Bust. I asked. And it is a Legit question.
Bottom line is I think Sanders and Brown CAN help us. More so then Battle can. And probably El as well.

SteelerEmpire
10-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Sanders has always seemed to be pretty motivated... he should do well...

theplatypus
10-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Stupid ? Why ? I never said Sanders was a Bust. I asked. And it is a Legit question.
Bottom line is I think Sanders and Brown CAN help us. More so then Battle can. And probably El as well.

Asking if a rookie is a bust after 3 games and an injury is hardly a legit question.

MasterOfPuppets
10-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Labeling a Bust ? Where did I ever write I said Sanders was a Bust ? You know reading is Fun! :applaudit: Maybe you might try to learn it some day.
maybe you should learn how to read yourself... it might keep you from making bogus statements like this and making yourself look like a fool.

whatdoiknow
10-02-2010, 07:48 PM
First off, the last two weeks Sanders has had no injury....check the Injury list. Second, I mean is he a Bust that he, as a 3rd rounder can't beat out or out play a 6th round WR. And anyone with any brains will admit that during training camp as well as the games, Brown has clearly been the begtter performer. Not saying Sanders is a bust forever. Just saying as it goes to that. And that is a legit question.

lionslicer
10-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Limas Sweed is a bust.

whatdoiknow
10-02-2010, 07:58 PM
If a rookie cannot be a Bust. Then why did the Saints cut rookie DT Al Woods ? And this after they gave the 4th rounder a 4 year rookie contract, and not the very usual 3 year deal that almost all rookies taken after round 2 usually get ? I mean to cut a rookie in training camp ? That must PROVE he is a Bust! right ? But then again, a REALLY stupid move would be for a team to sign said Bust player after he is released to a extremely VALUABLE Practice Squad spot.

Remind me again, what team signed the " Bust " Woods ?

MasterOfPuppets
10-02-2010, 08:01 PM
If a rookie cannot be a Bust. Then why did the Saints cut rookie DT Al Woods ? And this after they gave the 4th rounder a 4 year rookie contract, and not the very usual 3 year deal that almost all rookies taken after round 2 usually get ? I mean to cut a rookie in training camp ? That must PROVE he is a Bust! right ? But then again, a REALLY stupid move would be for a team to sign said Bust player after he is released to a extremely VALUABLE Practice Squad spot.

how many times was james harrison cut ?

BlackNGold88
10-02-2010, 08:02 PM

4th rounders get cut every now and then.

whatdoiknow
10-02-2010, 08:26 PM
4th rounders get cut every now and then.

I can name 1st rounders who were cut in their rookie seasons. My point is how long would be appropriate for Sanders ? I mean if he struggles next season, do we cut him then ?

MattsMe
10-02-2010, 08:52 PM
I can name 1st rounders who were cut in their rookie seasons. My point is how long would be appropriate for Sanders ? I mean if he struggles next season, do we cut him then ?

Can you really name them? That's impressive. :coffee:

PhantomJB93
10-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Sanders had a quad injury and thats why he was deactivated. In addition Brown is a better KR and thats why he is getting his shot, not because he is a better overall player. Sanders was awesome in preseason, I dont know where you got that 23 yards stat from unless youre only counting the first game because I remember numerous spectacular catches, quite a few long gains, and a TD, and if you actually watched the games there were SEVERAL times where he was wide open for a huge play and Dixon scrambled instead. When Sanders is healthy he will at least unseat Battle and I would not be in the least bit surprised if he is 3rd on the depth chart by week 17.

Atlanta Dan
10-02-2010, 09:09 PM

Name them

ricardisimo
10-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Name them
This should be interesting.:popcorn:

Set-Man
10-02-2010, 09:30 PM

Let me get this straight. You are telling me to learn how to read because I said you labeled Sanders a bust. You are telling me you didn't? Maybe you need to learn to read YOUR OWN POST TITLE?

'Is Emmanuel sanders a bust?'

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh: :doh::doh::doh:

No need for me to comment further. Enough said......

zulater
10-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Name them

Yeah that's news to me too. I've never seen it. The closest thing I've seen to a number one pick being released early was when the Steelers traded Huey Richardson away to the Skins for a throwaway late round pick before Huey had even completed his second training camp.

zulater
10-02-2010, 09:36 PM

If you're digging yourself a big hole the best thing you can do is to throw
away the shovel.My advice, toss that sucker now dude! :chuckle:

DanRooney
10-02-2010, 09:38 PM
First off, the last two weeks Sanders has had no injury....check the Injury list. Second, I mean is he a Bust that he, as a 3rd rounder can't beat out or out play a 6th round WR. And anyone with any brains will admit that during training camp as well as the games, Brown has clearly been the begtter performer. Not saying Sanders is a bust forever. Just saying as it goes to that. And that is a legit question.

He wasn't 100 percent in week 2. He said his quad was still bothering him in practice.

Check out his facebook page.

Atlanta Dan
10-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Yeah that's news to me too. I've never seen it. The closest thing I've seen to a number one pick being released early was when the Steelers traded Huey Richardson away to the Skins for a throwaway late round pick before Huey had even completed his second training camp.

And Huey was Chuck Noll's pick - Cowher cut him in 1992 but Cowher had no investment in the screw up

And Gabe Rivera (Senor Sack) who was drafted over Dan Marino in 1983 never played after October 1983 - but being tragically paralyzed in an auto accident mid-way through your first season and never playing again does not constitute being cut your rookie season

figg
10-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Sanders was hurt so that gave Brown an opportunity and Brown delivered. Sanders will get his shot soon.

SH-Rock
10-02-2010, 10:28 PM
When Ben comes back and he starts then lets see what he's made of

SteelCityMom
10-02-2010, 10:28 PM
Here's a good article on Sanders vs. Brown.

Gerry: Get Sanders back in the offense
FRIDAY, 01 OCTOBER 2010 10:41 WRITTEN BY GERRY DULAC
Sooner or later, the Steelers will have to go back to rookie Emmanuel Sanders as their fourth wide receiver and deactivate Antonio Brown.

Don’t get me wrong, Brown has done a nice job as a kick returner, and as long as he keeps doing that, he will continue to be in uniform on game day.

But Brown is more of a liability in the passing offense because he doesn’t know his assignments and often runs wrong routes. Sure, he is probably a more elusive runner han Sanders, their third-round choice, but Sanders has a better grasp of the routes and what he is supposed to be doing than Brown.

Both Brown and Sanders bring what the Steelers need at their fourth receiving position – speed. But, if Antwaan Randle El continues to look as though his best years are way behind him, the Steelers will need to get more big-play threats in the pass offense.

And, right now, the player who knows the offense better is Sanders.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports-town/steelers/105414-gerry-get-sanders-back-in-the-offense

pancake
10-02-2010, 10:34 PM

Man you're quick to pull out the bust card. Did you use the bust card on Timmons, who is one of the leading tacklers in the NFL?

whatdoiknow
10-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Again let me say...I do NOT think Sanders is a Bust! If he is seriously Injured and cannot play I understand why Brown has been activated. But if Sanders can play, then I say ACTIVATE him, and CUT A.Battle. I will take Ward, Wallace, El, Sanders and Brown as my WR set any day.

pancake
10-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Again let me say...I do NOT think Sanders is a Bust! If he is seriously Injured and cannot play I understand why Brown has been activated. But if Sanders can play, then I say ACTIVATE him, and CUT A.Battle. I will take Ward, Wallace, El, Sanders and Brown as my WR set any day.

I understand what you're saying, but I'm sure Tomlin knows what he is doing.

SteelKnight
10-02-2010, 11:32 PM

+

lmao

lol. Not with his punt returning. I've commented on his PR before. I was talking about as a WR. I've been watching him and he looks to be running decent routes. Its our bad QBing messing him up. Drops? You are not including poorly thrown passes are you? He's pretty much catcht all the decent passes thrown to him.

SteelKnight
10-02-2010, 11:43 PM

Sanders played the first week. He was injured for the second week. Tomlin decided to reward Brown for the 3rd week because of his TD return in week 2.

No you can't. No team would ever do that...ever. At worst, they would trade the player...never cut him. How hong to wait on a WR? It depends on his development progress and what they see.

This should be interesting.:popcorn:

:popcorn:

I have to give you credit for coming back to your thread but you should admit you were bluffing with the cut first rounders.

whatdoiknow
10-02-2010, 11:53 PM
Sanders played the first week. He was injured for the second week. Tomlin decided to reward Brown for the 3rd week because of his TD return in week 2.

No you can't. No team would ever do that...ever. At worst, they would trade the player...never cut him. How hong to wait on a WR? It depends on his development progress and what they see.

:popcorn:

I have to give you credit for coming back to your thread but you should admit you were bluffing with the cut first rounders.

2000: Vikings select DE Dimitrius Underwood in round 1, and 4 months later he was released form the Vikes!

Just sayin.

ZoneBlitzer
10-03-2010, 12:00 AM
I thought he was injured as well. My vote would be for him to replace ARE ASAP.

ricardisimo
10-03-2010, 03:07 AM
2000: Vikings select DE Dimitrius Underwood in round 1, and 4 months later he was released form the Vikes!

Just sayin.
Dude... hire someone to research your words before they come out of your mouth. And as Zu suggested, you need to figure out when to stop digging.

He was drafted in 1999, not 2000, then he dropped off the face of the planet because of Christ or Allah or something. The Vikings held onto his spot as long as they could until they realized he wasn't coming back and they needed to fill their roster. I think Christ let him change his mind a few years later and he played for the Dolphins and a few other teams. Physically and talent-wise he was never much of a risk. His head was just never screwed on right.

MikeHaullace
10-03-2010, 04:14 AM
How is this thread still even alive? Seriously, people.

kirklandrules
10-03-2010, 07:38 AM

It took several posters to finally help you answer your question, but you've obviously gotten to the solution. Yeah, I'd say we're done here.

Atlanta Dan
10-03-2010, 08:16 AM

Just sayin.

LOL - do not know where you found that on google (it was 1999 not 2000) and Underwood walked out of camp on the first day rather than being cut because he could not play, but props for finding that :drink:

Having given credit where credit is due, I will note you have done a magnificent job of antagonizing a number of posters through your posts - fortunately there is an ignore function on this board for anyone else who wants to eliminate such clutter from the threads

Tone's Toes
10-03-2010, 11:07 AM
WR is a tough position for rookies. Sanders and Brown both have loads of talent, but they likely don't know what the hell they're doing yet as WR's. That can scare coaches away from playing them. A young guy runs the wrong route or something and it's a pick 6. Not what we need, especially when you factor in the small margin for error while Ben's out. The fact that we haven't seen Brown or Sanders play much as WR's early on is understood given the circumstances. We might see 1 or both of them a little more once Ben returns.

Neither is ready to play much as a WR. Sanders has been hurt and Brown is the better returner. It's not a surprise that Brown is playing.

I would hold off on calling Sanders a bust for a year or so. He will take this season to learn the WR position at the NFL level and should come back next year knowing what to do and ready to make an impact. If he doesn't then we may have another Limas Sweed. Sanders looks like he can catch, though.

tmacsteelerfan
10-03-2010, 12:06 PM
It's only week 4 and he is a 3rd round pick, how can you call him a bust already?

StainlessStill
10-03-2010, 12:19 PM
I wasn't going to chime in on this thread because it certainly is ridiculous to the highest degree so I'll just facepalm.

http://i29.tinypic.com/2zipl5u.gif