PDA

View Full Version : Bettis Loses "Bling" in Super Bowl Practice

83-Steelers-43
03-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Bettis says he lost jewelry at Super Bowl practice

Associated Press

PONTIAC, Mich. -- Former Pittsburgh Steelers running back Jerome Bettis says he lost $67,050 worth of jewelry while practicing for the Super Bowl.

Bettis said he may have misplaced a Rolex watch and a diamond-studded gold bracelet during the team's practice at the Pontiac Silverdome, three days before the Super Bowl.

After returning to Pittsburgh, The Bus discovered that he was missing the $31,100 Rolex and the bracelet worth $35,950, The Detroit News reported Friday. The Steelers stayed and practiced in Pontiac before the Feb. 5 game at Ford Field.

"It's being reported as lost property, so it's technically not a crime," Pontiac police captain Wendy Keelty-Reyes said. "We just got the report, but we're going to do whatever we can to help recover the stuff for him."

The report said Bettis believed he removed the jewelry and placed it on the top shelf of his unsecured locker. He later discovered he was not wearing the pieces and assumed that Steelers personnel had collected and packed them, the newspaper said.

Silverdome security chief John Kissick said he worked the day of the practice and that the NFL also had a security team in place. The practices were closed to the public.

"No one got in or out of there that wasn't supposed to be there," Kissick said. "It was tighter in there than Fort Knox." - ESPN

Seems like the Steelers and jewelry don't go well together. Between Bettis and Staley.

Ohio Steeler
03-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Damn $67,050 worth of jewelry, my house does not even cost that much

alittlejazzbird
03-10-2006, 11:39 AM
What I find hilarious is that he didn't even notice the items were missing until he got back to Pittsburgh. Let's see....a $31,000 Rolex watch and a $36,000 bracelet that he took off during a mid-week practice, and he doesn't even give them a thought or realize that he's not wearing them until days later. I'm trying to imagine myself, or anyone I know, not giving $67,000 worth of jewelry a thought for days after I last had it on.

Some world he gets to live in, eh?

BB2W
03-10-2006, 01:33 PM
First Duce... now Bus???

These guys need to quit wearing so much expesive jewlery. I hope they take better care of their Superbowl ring.

tony hipchest
03-10-2006, 02:05 PM
I hope they take better care of their Superbowl ring.

no doubt.

simple rule of jewelry. if you cant afford to lose it, dont wear it.

these atheletes losing a rolex is probably like a college kid losing a swatch. sure it sucks but its not gonna make or break them.

melroseplace
03-10-2006, 02:07 PM
I agree with BB2W..if these guys are going to "misplace" their rings I hope they decide to keep them in a display case or something instead of wearing them..

Atlanta Dan
03-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Robin Williams used to say that spending your money on cocaine is God's way of telling you that you have too much money.

I guess losing $50K to $100K of bling that you wear to practice or a post-midnight jaunt to the strip club is the Almighty's way of sending the same message.

SteelerzGirl
03-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Hmmm... I'm wonderin' why Jerome would wear bling like that to a practice session, and keep it in an unsecured locker yet. I do hope his stuff is recovered, but it's probably long gone, unfortunately.

83-Steelers-43
03-10-2006, 05:11 PM
*opens up black trench coat*

I have an authentic rolex watch running for 25,000 and a bracelet for 30,000. Anybody interested? :bouncy:

SteelerzGirl
03-10-2006, 05:13 PM
:rofl:

Good grief, 83... Close that trench coat, you perv! Bring that bling here to me and place it in my jewelry box...(lol). I won't tell a soul. :wink:

hardwork
03-10-2006, 05:33 PM
The Buddha was giving a teaching to his disciples in a field one afternoon. Suddenly a man appeared feverishly looking around for something. The Buddha asked him what he was looking for. The man replied that he had lost his cows and asked the Buddha if he had seen them. The Buddha said that he had not but pointed towards the woods and said maybe they went in there. The man immediately took off in that direction to continue looking.

The Buddha then turned to his disciples and said, see what happens when you own cows.