PDA

View Full Version : Red zone blitz,bad idea?

SoCalFan
10-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Am I the only one who knew something bad was going to happen when Troy blitzed on that game winning throw?I never liked blitzing in those situations.

Fire Arians
10-03-2010, 04:59 PM
personally i don't like the idea of blitzing polamalu one bit, at any point in the game. he's at his best when he's reading and reacting to a play

Mags87
10-03-2010, 05:13 PM
personally i don't like the idea of blitzing polamalu one bit, at any point in the game. he's at his best when he's reading and reacting to a play

i agree. we have plenty of great pass rushers. Troy would have been much more useful in the secondary. i dont like questioning LeBeau tho

scsteeler
10-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Am I the only one who knew something bad was going to happen when Troy blitzed on that game winning throw?I never liked blitzing in those situations.

It was bad because it did not work. Had we sacked Flacco the call would have been said to be genius by so many. We did not score when we had our chances and made too many mistakes and you will have games like that. You just hope they are early in the season like now and not in the playoffs.

Fire Arians
10-03-2010, 05:42 PM
It was bad because it did not work. Had we sacked Flacco the call would have been said to be genius by so many. We did not score when we had our chances and made too many mistakes and you will have games like that. You just hope they are early in the season like now and not in the playoffs.

troy is sent for blitzes often but hasn't recorded a single sack in 4 years. He's good at a lot of things, but blitzing isn't one of them. our best blitzer in the secondary is probably gay tbh

troy excels at diagnosing plays. im all for moving him around in the defense, but sending him in blitzes really is not putting him in position to be a playmaker

SteelerSwagga
10-03-2010, 05:51 PM
i understand the blitz cuz you can tlet flacco just sit there and pick us apart, but in that situation you bring the linebackers on a blitz, not the db's

mikegrimey
10-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Was on OK call just happened to not have worked. Had it resulted in an incompletion or otherwise it would have been deemed a great or even "genius" play call. Not a bad call at all, that's the risk you take when you blitz

MasterOfPuppets
10-03-2010, 06:59 PM
i didn't think it was a good idea ... you don't take one of your best pass defenders out of the secondary in that situation. leaving bryant "never looks for the ball" mcfadden in a one on one is also a bad idea. i had no problem with the blitzing, but leave that to the guys that offer less to the pass coverage.

plenewken
10-03-2010, 07:01 PM
troy is sent for blitzes often but hasn't recorded a single sack in 4 years. He's good at a lot of things, but blitzing isn't one of them. our best blitzer in the secondary is probably gay tbh

troy excels at diagnosing plays. im all for moving him around in the defense, but sending him in blitzes really is not putting him in position to be a playmaker

+1.

btaylor
10-03-2010, 08:09 PM
everytime he blitzes its bad news