PDA

View Full Version : All of you people crying about losing today

theplatypus
10-03-2010, 04:13 PM
We took a damn good team down to the wire with our 4th string qb. Shut the **** up and enjoy getting #7 back tomorrow with a 3-1 record. WE ARE 3-1 AND TIED FOR FIRST PLACE IN THE DIVISION WITH OUR 4th STRING QB AT THE HELM!

SteelerSwagga
10-03-2010, 04:20 PM
I couldnt agree more, but the loss still hurts

StainlessStill
10-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Haha, no panic. I feel good winning 3/4 and having the lead against Baltimore at the end there. Everyone thought we'd be knocked down a peg. We just got better with team unity and was bound to get caught in a street fight facing a bad game with the yellow flags at our back. We're just going to be stronger from here on out.

Can't wait to see Ben run out of that tunnel.

welder4pit
10-03-2010, 04:27 PM
I think its funny how everyone was talking about power rankings and all that bs. Im sorry but this is a 8-8 ,9-7 team at best. Same problems as last year D cant close a game, offense chokes at the end when they could put the game away. Exscuses last year was that troy p was out now its bb.out. I think they win 1 division game this year. prob. 1 of the browns games. they are still a good cb away from competing for the playoffs. An easy 3 game schedule makde this team look competative. IMO

Fire Arians
10-03-2010, 04:28 PM
I think its funny how everyone was talking about power rankings and all that bs. Im sorry but this is a 8-8 ,9-7 team at best. Same problems as last year D cant close a game, offense chokes at the end when they could put the game away. Exscuses last year was that troy p was out now its bb.out. I think they win 1 division game this year. prob. 1 of the browns games. they are still a good cb away from competing for the playoffs. An easy 3 game schedule makde this team look competative. IMO

wow man, that's going pretty far

SteelCityMom
10-03-2010, 04:29 PM

Well, since you already know the outcome of the season...maybe it's time to go root for a different team to get into the playoffs and win it all. :noidea:

What's the point of rooting for a team you think doesn't have a chance at all when they are 3-1?

And I understand you're ticked at the close loss...but come down from the cliff man, everything will be ok.

scsteeler
10-03-2010, 04:33 PM
We took a damn good team down to the wire with our 4th string qb. Shut the **** up and enjoy getting #7 back tomorrow with a 3-1 record. WE ARE 3-1 AND TIED FOR FIRST PLACE IN THE DIVISION WITH OUR 4th STRING QB AT THE HELM!

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02: I so agree with your statement. Of course I would have loved the Win but a 3-1 record is not bad only 2 teams left without a loss. We have a bye week and Ben coming back there is so much in the positive we could take from this.

Like I said I would be happy to be 2-2 but 3-1 is so much better.

Mags87
10-03-2010, 04:35 PM

you realize that for us to go 8-8 or 9-7 we would have to finish the season 5-7 or 6-6?

...the D cant close a game? it happened once. we held the Falcons scoreless in overtime in week one, kept TN out of the endzone to seal the game in week two. didnt need to close in week 3, and the Ravens had the right play called for what we brought today. there is nothing wrong with a 3-1 start or a defense that hasnt given up more than 17 points in a game. and not to mention, the D held the Ravens out of the endzone from a 1st and goal right before they gave the ball back to the offense.

as for the offense choking, its our 4th string QB in there. they had the ball inside their own 10. the number one priority was ball security, number 2 was winding time off the clock. they accomplished what they needed too, but then we had a bad penalty on the kick which gave Baltimore their good field position.

the sky isnt falling, we lost one game. this isnt college ball where a loss takes us out of the championship chase. we have an off week and then we get our greatest asset on offense back to take on Cleveland at home. its a long season man, dont bail on the team after week 4

welder4pit
10-03-2010, 04:36 PM
wow man, that's going pretty far

I know lol. i figure everyone is frustrated and needs someone to take it out on so i figured it may as well be me. There is no shame in losing a game like this to one of the better teams in the nfl. they will be fine. cant wait to read some of the responses though

MasterOfPuppets
10-03-2010, 04:38 PM
http://smiliesftw.com/x/hung.gif

SteelCityMom
10-03-2010, 04:40 PM
I know lol. i figure everyone is frustrated and needs someone to take it out on so i figured it may as well be me. There is no shame in losing a game like this to one of the better teams in the nfl. they will be fine. cant wait to read some of the responses though

I call an instigator penalty on you! 15 yards and no more downs. :chuckle:

I know a lot of people are frustrated, but I'm actually pleasantly surprised by how many are taking the loss in stride. I'd have a much more difficult day if it had been Ben at QB today though with those results, that's for sure.

P.S. Sorry for being a bitch...it's been a long afternoon!

theplatypus
10-03-2010, 04:40 PM
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02: I so agree with your statement. Of course I would have loved the Win but a 3-1 record is not bad only 2 teams left without a loss. We have a bye week and Ben coming back there is so much in the positive we could take from this.

Like I said I would be happy to be 2-2 but 3-1 is so much better.

It's all about perspective. We're in a great position right now and there are quite a few positives that we've learned from the first 4 games.

Our Oline isn't great, but they are playing well and giving Batch more time than BR has had in years.

Mendy is running hard and it looks like he'll have a great season.

Yes, Mcfadded got beat on the final play, but overall I'm very pleased with our D.

Despite Reed's two missed field goals today, our special teams play has shown a vast improvement.

Oh I almost forgot, whatdoIknow is gone

scsteeler
10-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Yes a lot of positives we can take from this game. We lost no need to make excuses. Ravens are very good team and Boldin makes them very dangerous on offense and opens things up for other receivers.

Mags87
10-03-2010, 04:45 PM

I know a lot of people are frustrated, but I'm actually pleasantly surprised by how many are taking the loss in stride. I'd have a much more difficult day if it had been Ben at QB today though with those results, that's for sure.

i think its because most of us have the mentality of "playing with house money" because of our 3-0 start. we're better off than i thought we'd be at this point in the season. we have two weeks to prepare for another division game with our franchise back under center, and a healthy defense. im not worried. and at least we get another shot at Baltimore this year.

welder4pit
10-03-2010, 04:46 PM

I apologize i couldnt resist . :drink:

MasterOfPuppets
10-03-2010, 04:46 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:z3LViPofk-tyDM:http://dsskcorp.com/ibidem/fotographia/misc/panic!at.teh.dsskcorp.gif&t=1

http://tickledbylife.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/the-bullshit-button-panic-button-cool-gadgets-2.jpg

Rick5895
10-03-2010, 05:02 PM
We get Cleveland and 3 road games against some tough teams (miami and NO) quite conceivably we could and should be 6-2 after the next 4 games and in great position to win the division and have a first round bye.
Call me optimistic but I see Super bowl!!!!

steelerohio
10-03-2010, 05:07 PM
no panic and no tears here...

3-1 is still good... still hate losing to those guys but that's all right, next, send in the clowns...

Steel_Bus_24
10-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Well Im not panicking but Im not going to be oblivious to the fact that things just got a whole lot harder for us to win our division

Ben isn't going to be up to speed for a game or two maybe even 3

To win our division now we either:

A. Have to get that win back at Balt....which historically we never do

or

B. Sweep both the Browns and the Bengals and win 3-4 against the AFC East

I think its going to take 13-3 to win the AFCN....

Im going to have to see em at least beat the browns and display good chemistry with Ben back before Im ok in believing we are capable of a run like that

Wild Cards suck and I don't want us in that tie-breaker cluster*****....so we need to have a sense of urgency coming out of this bye to go for the division and kick the living crap out of Clev

MasterOfPuppets
10-03-2010, 06:25 PM
according to my crystal ball , there's no way in hell the ratbirds are a 12 - 4 team ... but i got mine at a discount gypsy store so it might not be that accurate ...:noidea:

jjpro11
10-03-2010, 06:54 PM
it was a tough loss and stung bad initially.. but i am about over the loss right now.. that's record time for me following a Steelers loss to the Rats. the way i see it, we were playing with house money today as a 3-0 team without it's starting QB. when you think back to the off-season, even the most optimistic of us figured we'd lose to the Ravens, even if we ran off 3 straight... a loss to the Ravens seemed almost inevitable. coming so close today really sucks.. but in the end, what transpired today was far from shocking.

we can get them next time with Ben. all 4 teams in the AFCN have a loss within the division. the Bengals are 2-2 to boot. assuming we can take care of business against the Browns and Bengals, a win vs the Ravens would give us the tie-breaker. that's a long way away, but it's not an impossible scenario.

lionslicer
10-03-2010, 06:59 PM
If the Steelers went 1-3, but that 1 win was against the Ravens, I'd be happy. Losing to the Ravens sucks, especially when the Steelers totally collapse like that. If it was a game that the Ravens actually deserved to win, I would have been fine with it, but the Steelers totally blew this like they did all last year, and you can't help but be disapointed in how they played.

btaylor
10-03-2010, 07:05 PM
its all good,we lost with our 4th qb,with ben we win by 2 tds

jjpro11
10-03-2010, 07:14 PM
If the Steelers went 1-3, but that 1 win was against the Ravens, I'd be happy. Losing to the Ravens sucks, especially when the Steelers totally collapse like that. If it was a game that the Ravens actually deserved to win, I would have been fine with it, but the Steelers totally blew this like they did all last year, and you can't help but be disapointed in how they played.

we're not the Browns.. beating a single team does not make or break a season.. or in our case a quarter of a season.

it was disappointing to lose that way. but even in 2008 we had some tough losses. the Colts and Giants both beat us in the 4th quarter with a short field drive. same thing happened today.. we made one defensive stand that could have won the game.. the second just wasn't meant to be.

MaidenIndiana
10-03-2010, 07:26 PM

If the Steelers had gone 1 and 3 beating the Ravens would mean jack shit because our season would be pretty much screwed. Look around the league, ther's a lot of teams (Colts, San Diego, etc.) who wish they were 3 and 1

SteelCityMom
10-03-2010, 07:36 PM
If the Steelers had gone 1 and 3 beating the Ravens would mean jack shit because our season would be pretty much screwed. Look around the league, ther's a lot of teams (Colts, San Diego, etc.) who wish they were 3 and 1

It's surprising the teams who are struggling right now and the teams that aren't. I don't know how it's going to play out the rest of the season, but I don't think anybody expected teams like the Chiefs, Texans, Bears and Falcons to be atop their division while teams like Indy, SD and Dallas are struggling to get wins. Gonna be an interesting season for sure.

I'm glad we're not in the struggling category right now.

lionslicer
10-03-2010, 07:43 PM

I didn't mean it litteraly, it was really just to set the mood of how angry I was :P Thanks for reading the rest of the paragraph.

Atlanta Dan
10-03-2010, 08:43 PM
according to my crystal ball , there's no way in hell the ratbirds are a 12 - 4 team ... but i got mine at a discount gypsy store so it might not be that accurate ...:noidea:

Ravens have New England, Atlanta, and Houston on the road as well as Steelers and Saints at home in terms of games which should be close

12-4 certainly looks reasonable

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/schedules/2010/baltimore-ravens/index.html

Steelers need to sweep Bengals and Browns = in addition to a road game at Baltimore, other tough games look like Miami and Saints on the road plus New England and Jets at Heinz

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/schedules/2010/pittsburgh-steelers/index.html

Winning today was a tough loss but if you would have told me on Labor Day if I would take 3-1 with the one loss to Baltimore i would have taken it

MasterOfPuppets
10-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Ravens have New England, Atlanta, and Houston on the road as well as Steelers and Saints at home in terms of games which should be close

12-4 certainly looks reasonable

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/schedules/2010/baltimore-ravens/index.html

Steelers need to sweep Bengals and Browns = in addition to a road game at Baltimore, other tough games look like Miami and Saints on the road plus New England and Jets at Heinz

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/schedules/2010/pittsburgh-steelers/index.html

Winning today was a tough loss but if you would have told me on Labor Day if I would take 3-1 with the one loss to Baltimore i would have taken it
they could also very easily lose all 5 of those games. they barely beat the clowns who just beat the bungholes who beat the ratbirds ...:noidea:

stb_steeler
10-03-2010, 09:30 PM

U freaking kidding me?....Only win 1 division game?. I hope your ass eats some crow!:mad:

Atlanta Dan
10-03-2010, 10:07 PM
they could also very easily lose all 5 of those games. they barely beat the clowns who just beat the bungholes who beat the ratbirds ...:noidea:

They will lose some of those 5 but if they go 2-3 with those games and win the rest in which they will be clear favorites that gets them to 12-4

MasterOfPuppets
10-03-2010, 10:31 PM
They will lose some of those 5 but if they go 2-3 with those games and win the rest in which they will be clear favorites that gets them to 12-4
but what makes you believe they'll win the rest of "those" games ? was it the ass whippin they put on the browns, or was it the tough play against the unbeatable bungles ?

Atlanta Dan
10-04-2010, 07:21 AM
but what makes you believe they'll win the rest of "those" games ? was it the ass whippin they put on the browns, or was it the tough play against the unbeatable bungles ?

I agree they will probably lose at least one of the "sure" wins - all I am saying is 12-4 is not an unrealistic record to expect

Ravens were my preseason pick to win the Super Bowl so i concede I may have them overrated