PDA

View Full Version : I'm glad we lost now

SH-Rock
10-03-2010, 05:16 PM
It's only week 4 and just before our bye. We have 2 weeks to prepare with Ben coming back Monday. This will give us time to heal and find out what Sanders and Brown are really made of and if they're good enough to take the 3rd and 4th WR spots. It was a great learning experience for everyone. I'm sure the Steelers will look at every second of this game and dissect it to see the many flaws.

MasterOfPuppets
10-03-2010, 05:42 PM
so ummm .... how exactly would winning the game prevented any of that from being possible ? what exactly about losing makes for a better future ? :noidea: losing a division game is NEVER a good thing.

pete74
10-03-2010, 05:49 PM
i personally am not mad we lost either. asfte the tampa win everyone had us #1 and we would of never made it thru the season playing on that role. now the reporters will stop talking about us being the best and we can get back to the underdog role that we play best.

StainlessStill
10-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Am I still pissed we lost when we had the game pretty much in our grasp? Of course, but when you sit down and really think about it, we did all we could in this entire month. As far as the game, the defense got the goal line stand at the end there and the offense was prevented from doing ANYTHING, as well as play calling when we get 2 false start penalties, punt the ball from our endzone, and then giving them an extra 10 yards on the end of the kick pretty much gassed our defense from being on the field too long there on those last 2 possessions.

Losing in the division sucks, esp the way we did with that many inane penalties, but I must say I still feel we are by far the best team in the division and that this one stings LESS than it would have years ago since Roethlisberger will be back for the remainder of the season. Can't wait.

1/28/01
10-03-2010, 08:42 PM
It's only week 4 and just before our bye. We have 2 weeks to prepare with Ben coming back Monday. This will give us time to heal and find out what Sanders and Brown are really made of and if they're good enough to take the 3rd and 4th WR spots. It was a great learning experience for everyone. I'm sure the Steelers will look at every second of this game and dissect it to see the many flaws.

Man, I wish the ravens had lost now........

Atlanta Dan
10-03-2010, 08:47 PM
i personally am not mad we lost either. asfte the tampa win everyone had us #1 and we would of never made it thru the season playing on that role. now the reporters will stop talking about us being the best and we can get back to the underdog role that we play best.

Yep - SI is off the bandwagon already:chuckle:

The Ravens may have stamped themselves as the team to beat in the AFC

Maybe the hype was right with the Jets, who got a magnificent effort from L.T.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/10/03/week4.snaps/index.html?eref=sihp

StainlessStill
10-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Yep - SI is off the bandwagon already:chuckle:

The Ravens may have stamped themselves as the team to beat in the AFC

Maybe the hype was right with the Jets, who got a magnificent effort from L.T.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/10/03/week4.snaps/index.html?eref=sihp

Hahahaha, really? I don't care what anyone says, I'd admit if I didn't think we were the better team, but the Steelers are still in the top 3 teams of the league. The way they played Baltimore who was full strength and had all of their pieces offensively, we hung in and never got dominated. Did this jackoff ever think that the Steelers weren't even supposed to win 2 games of this stretch and that we BARELY lost to a Baltimore team that was deemed AFC North champs to begin with?

I don't buy it. The Steelers had a hiccup.

stb_steeler
10-03-2010, 09:22 PM
The 2 field goals would have made all the difference in this game, but Charlie didnt do so well with audibles today. Wallace was deep up the middle for 6 easy not to mention he missed Heath anyhow. We'll be fine after Ben gets back. :tt02:

Hirsch
10-03-2010, 10:14 PM
The 2 field goals would have made all the difference in this game, but Charlie didnt do so well with audibles today. Wallace was deep up the middle for 6 easy not to mention he missed Heath anyhow. We'll be fine after Ben gets back. :tt02:

:iagree:

steelrush
10-05-2010, 04:02 AM
Man, I wish the ravens had lost now........

Hmmm…You’ll get your wish after Oct. 17. As they say: better later then never.

SteelKnight
10-05-2010, 03:13 PM
I'm still sad we lost. It was the way we lost. Had they just come out and smoked us 23-3, it would have felt differently.

Usually you can start focusing on the next game but now I have to deal for 2 weeks.

The only good thing is I hope the Steeler learned a bit about situational football and have a drive that can get them 10 yards and also that Lebeau fixes the pass D.

Maybe teams are just on to the pass D of Lebeau. They are not too good. He needs to find a way to switch it up and adapt during a game. He could have fooled them by switching to Man D with safety help (cover 2) for that last play. He needs to have variety.

Lady Steel
10-05-2010, 04:23 PM
losing a division game is NEVER a good thing.

What he said. We can't afford to lose another division game with the Ravens hot on our heels at this point.

NYC_Steeler
10-05-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm not glad we lost - we could've been 4-0 easily. The collapse by the entire team and coaching staff was not a pretty site. This team had the potential to go undefeated this year. We've got all the pieces, now it's just a matter of making them fit properly. It's a disappointing loss - had we been blown out, that's no problem, but the way we lost this game was just sickening.