PDA

View Full Version : Willie or Duce?

MichiSteeler
03-10-2006, 04:45 PM
With Duce and Willie being the assumed 1-2 punch next year, who do you think will get more yards? I just like big backs and with Duce playing that role I'd like to see him get more carries, and Willie seems more inconsistent, so as of now id like to see Duce being number 1 asuming he can stay healthy, but they will share the load so who do you think will get more yards?

83-Steelers-43
03-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Willie Parker. Keep in mind he's still young. IMO, his consistency will improve over time (this upcoming camp should help).

It will be a miracle if Staley can last through training camp. He's good when he's healthy, but how often has that been since joining the Steelers?

SteelerzGirl
03-10-2006, 05:02 PM
I agree with 83. I think Fast Willie will have more yardage. I'm not a big fan of Staley's. I dunno... He's just so injury prone. (shrugs)

SteelerFanInCA
03-10-2006, 06:22 PM
I believe now that Willie has one year under his belt will only him put up bigger numbers in the upcoming years. I also believe Duce will have a great year as well. I'm being very optimistic in hopes that Staley can stay healthy.

tim686
03-10-2006, 08:11 PM
Willie, Duce hasn't done anything since mid way through last season

OX1947
03-10-2006, 08:11 PM
I had questions of Parker being a #1 before the Super Bowl. But seeing him run 75 yards let me know that this guy can take it to the house at any time. I know that its a cliche used for alot of running backs but thats the difference. Its not a cliche with Parker. He is so fast that if Big Ben improves even more next year, our offense is going to be very scary...

clevestinks
03-10-2006, 08:14 PM
75% Willie 25% Duce

tony hipchest
03-10-2006, 08:27 PM
if duce is healthy best bet is for it to be 60-65% for willie and 35-40% duce. with willie getting about 1400-1500 yds and duce at 700-800. i see the steelers kinda doing something like the patriots do with faulk and dillon where the opponents are never 100% sure who will be the featured back or who will get the most carries or yards. i can see games where duce gets 18 carries and 100 yds and willie gets 100 off 12 carries. likewise there will be games where willie gets 90 yds on 20-25 carries. the gameplan will be set where either willie or duce can be in on 2nd and 4 and either a power run between the tacles or a screen pass is equally likely to be called. mix this running game balance with more ballance in the passing game and the steelers will be well on their way to defending their title and being an offensive powerhouse.

Stlrs4Life
03-10-2006, 08:35 PM
Willie due to the fact that Duce is so injury prone. Injury free Deuce though, it would be an interesting sight.

Suitanim
03-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Duce will have a great season next year, blocking, catching passes, scoring TD's in goaline situations and moving the chains in short yardage, and will be a good fantasy pick-up, but Willie will have get his 1,000 yards.

pittsburgh$teelersfan
03-10-2006, 09:50 PM
willie parker

WWIIOwheelz
03-10-2006, 10:11 PM
IMHO, the formula for saving fresh powerful legs for the 3rd and 4th quarter has more than proven its viability in today's game. I remember Bettis in Ben's rookie season getting 3 touchdowns on 3 total yards! LOL!! (I had him in FF, and I still get grief about that from my year-after-year buddies.)

Bottom-line, the Steelers were successful this year doing the exact same thing, and the end result was a Championship. Much, if not most of that was the growth of our passing game and the maturing of Ben, but the basic ingredient was the ever-present threat of the run with Fast Willy first. Fresh powerful legs coming in late in the game almost isn't fair! :D

Duce has GOT to show me he can stay healthy, though. I'll be honest in saying I've been a bit disappointed so far, but there are extenuating circumstances, I know.