PDA

View Full Version : Steelers ticket prices to go up?

Stlrs4Life
03-10-2006, 08:32 PM
http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06068/667685.stm

New labor pact might mean higher Steelers ticket prices

Thursday, March 09, 2006

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers might raise ticket prices and will look to add revenue in other areas as a result of the new collective bargaining agreement NFL owners ratified last night in Dallas.

"Yeah, every team has to look to maximize their revenue,'' Steelers chairman Dan Rooney said today.

Asked specifically if ticket prices at Heinz Field would rise, Rooney deferred those questions to his son, club president Art Rooney.

"I know what it is, but let him explain it to you,'' Dan Rooney said.
Art Rooney was not immediately available today for comment.

Because of the new revenue sharing rules adopted by the owners in a 30-2 vote last night, there will be more pressure on teams to produce more money through various ways, from raising ticket prices and sponsorship fees to selling naming rights. The top 15 revenue producers each year must share a portion of their income with the bottom 17 clubs. The percentage is the same for the top five clubs, a little lower for the next five and lower yet for the next five. Dan Rooney said the Steelers are in the range of 11-15.

"We're not looking to go gouge [fans] because we're the Super Bowl champs or anything like that,'' Rooney said. "We'll look at it from doing the right thing and not gouge it. As far as sponsorships and things like that, I think we're in a position to be able to give people their money's worth as far as those kinds of things.'':dang:

Suitanim
03-10-2006, 09:11 PM
Look for those $55 seats to be $60 or something like that. What I can't understand is why upper level, scoreboard viewing individual seats are only $50, while upper level bleacher seats all crammed together and exposed, in the endzone, are $55.

Cebby
03-10-2006, 10:30 PM
Look for those $55 seats to be $60 or something like that. What I can't understand is why upper level, scoreboard viewing individual seats are only $50, while upper level bleacher seats all crammed together and exposed, in the endzone, are $55.

That's because those bleacher seats come with an amusement ride. The rockin' can be unnerving when it really gets going...

Suitanim
03-10-2006, 10:47 PM
That's because those bleacher seats come with an amusement ride. The rockin' can be unnerving when it really gets going...

I think the swaying of the stands is MUCH worse in the cheap seats....

83-Steelers-43
03-10-2006, 11:16 PM
Mine have been going up over the past few years anyways.

I've sat in the lower and higher sections and I personally would take seats high up over the seats behind the endzone anyday of the week. You can at least watch the plays develope. If your the type of fan who just likes watching the players up close, I would imagine the seats down low are your preference. The fans in the higher sections seem to be more pumped up and involved in the game.

Stlrs4Life
03-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Mine have been going up over the past few years anyways.

I've sat in the lower and higher sections and I personally would take seats high up over the seats behind the endzone anyday of the week. You can at least watch the plays develope. If your the type of fan who just likes watching the players up close, I would imagine the seats down low are your preference. The fans in the higher sections seem to be more pumped up and involved in the game.

Same here, I love my seats in 522.