PDA

View Full Version : By the way....

thumper
10-04-2010, 12:05 PM
For those who scoffed that the additions of Boldin and Houshmandzadeh
to the Ravens could be the difference in them beating us, well.....it looks to
me that the addition of those two are EXACTLY what the margin of victory
came down to. Take those two players off that team, and it appears we win.

So, just saying.

This loss has a silver lining. Now we don't have to deal with the talking
head idiots say, "Are the Steelers better without Ben?"

Fire Arians
10-04-2010, 12:27 PM
steelers shot themselves in the foot too many times to beat a good team yesterday. Without housh or boldin we would still lose the game, failing to turn 2 turnovers into points, committing boneheaded penalties at the worst time possible, the fact of the matter is we played a bad game. Baltimore is not the better team. They were lucky to come away with a win despite us playing sloppy and without ben. We will embarass them in their own house when we meet again, bank on it.

plenewken
10-04-2010, 12:28 PM

So, just saying.

Keep in mind that the Ravens played without several injured players too. They were much more effective than the Steelers down the stretch, didn't commit as many stupid penalties, didn't miss as many scoring opportunities, and were better coached, IMO.

steeltheone
10-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Boldin is a bigger addition than anybody that we added. He is a number 1 receiver....

DoctorCAD
10-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Running 3 times into the dead center of the line with 2:30 left and holding a lead with the other team having no time outs is why we lost the game.

Housgfouiluseghupwaeioh and Boldin were not on the field during that cluster-f***. They had zero to do with the win or loss.

Steelerfreak58
10-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Scoring zero points off of two turnovers hand gifted to you in the second half by the D could have also contributed no?

Ravens D is tough as nails and they brought it. The game was close.

SoCalFan
10-04-2010, 04:54 PM
We had the lead with under 40 seconds left!With Ben in there,it wouldnt have been close,END OF DISCUSSION...

austinfrench76
10-04-2010, 05:07 PM
It is still not why we lost it's just a part of the overall game but not the deciding factor. No Ben=No Win in these games for us.

The only thing that concerns me here is the defense reverting back to '09 form and losing a game in the last minute 30. Letting the RATBIRDS EASILY waltz down the field and beat us. Harrison and Woodley really did nothing all game. Both things are scary and let's not hope indicators.

jjpro11
10-04-2010, 05:24 PM
who scoffed at the Boldin addition? everyone knows Boldin's a great receiver and always has been. they brought in a stud #1 receiver. the only drawback is that he is injury prone... but when healthy, he can bring it as much as any receiver.

i was PO'd at the Housh addition because they got him for the vet minimum after the Seahawks cut him and basically ate all of his salary for this season. he hadn't made much of an impact up until yesterday, but he is still better than pretty much any receiver out there making the vet minimum.

thumper
10-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Running 3 times into the dead center of the line with 2:30 left and holding a lead with the other team having no time outs is why we lost the game.

Housgfouiluseghupwaeioh and Boldin were not on the field during that cluster-f***. They had zero to do with the win or loss.

Hmm, and to think I thought I watched at Houshie scored that TD, which
would probably not been caught by any player on that team last year. That
was their _last_ chance and he got open and made the play. If not for that play,
we win.

thumper
10-04-2010, 07:07 PM

I agree the turtle shell play calling sure as shit contributed to the loss.
That one is hung on the coaching staff.

Lord of Lombardi
10-04-2010, 07:16 PM
The handling of that last possession was bascially the Offense admitting that they couldn't win it for the team and us fans and it would be up to the Defense. Then they took 2 stupid penalties and tried to single handedly lose the game without the D even seeing the field. Then special teams put more pressure on the D by adding another 10 yards with another costly penalty. How many mistakes can we make at the end of the game to lose a hard fought battle? This is a good portion of the team being undisciplined thanks to coaching and cannot be tolerated like last year or we will watch the Ratbirds in the playoffs. This is the same Cowher conservative approach that lost us many games in teh past. I would rather lose trying to keep the other team off the field. If you throw and don't get it at least you gave yourself a shot. The element of surprize, what's the worst thing that can happen you punt from the 3 yard line, oh that actually happened. Just once, I'd like to start off 7-0. How many times can you think to yourself "one first down wins the game" Arians has no nads.

Lord of Lombardi
10-04-2010, 07:27 PM

So, just saying.

Dueschmanpita and Boldin did not set the world on fire yesterday. And living here in Baltimore (trust me it sucks) their fans are complaining about how the Offense sucks so far this year. Outside of the Sheetz stains where Boldin caught 3 td's, they have been a bust. No jellin going on here. So don't turn this into some Daniel Snyder free agent contest mentality because outside of a last second catch that shouldn't have happened, they were a non factor. Our Offense and special teams lost that game. Charlie is who charlie is. An older 3rd stringer who can win against TB, just not Baltisuck. Too many free agents is most likely a bad thing. Right T.O. We do things right here in Stiller country and build our winners. And I'm curious how you quantified those two players as being the difference in points. Did they take Jeff Reed out last night to a local Sheetz piss house and doctor his drinks? or yours?

JEFF4i
10-04-2010, 07:32 PM
Okay, the 3rd down play call was a counter. Is it just me, or is a counter THAT close to our own endzone a REALLY, REALLY, REAAAALLLLYYYY bad idea? You've got weight on your line, slam it and hope, screen pass, maybe even an off-tackle run, but really...a counter? It nearly bit us with a safety.

MasterOfPuppets
10-04-2010, 07:57 PM
boldin and housh were so huge they put 10 points on the board in 59 in 59 and a half minutes.... baltimores offense didn't win that game. the steelers LACK OF OFFENSE won baltimore that game. :coffee:

DoctorCAD
10-05-2010, 07:02 AM
Hmm, and to think I thought I watched at Houshie scored that TD, which
would probably not been caught by any player on that team last year. That
was their _last_ chance and he got open and made the play. If not for that play,
we win.

The only reason you even got "their _last_ chance" is the lack of nads by our inept coaching staff.

One friggin 1st down and that game is over at 14 - 10. ONE...ONE.

How hard is it to see that?

RavensD
10-05-2010, 12:51 PM
All I know is this.

We are both ahead of the *****cats in Ohio, as it should be.

When we play again, you'll have Ben back, we'll have Reed and Gaither back. No more excuses after that game.

DoctorCAD
10-05-2010, 01:06 PM
All I know is this.

We are both ahead of the *****cats in Ohio, as it should be.

When we play again, you'll have Ben back, we'll have Reed and Gaither back. No more excuses after that game.

But we'll still have the same dickhead OC...

SteelMember
10-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Scoffed? I knew they were good additions. Everyone and their grandmother knew they were thin at WR, but really, I think Mason had the bigger game of any of them. :noidea: