PDA

View Full Version : hines ward as a free agent in this market.

tony hipchest
03-10-2006, 09:22 PM
has anyone stopped to think how lucky we are that the superbowl mvp held out last year cause he wanted to retire a steeler, and that the rooneys caved in and renegotiated his deal? otherwise he would absolutely be the hottest free agent this off season and wouldve cashed in BIG TIME! the steelers got ward cheap compared to what he wouldve received in todays market. chalk it up as another great deal by omar kahn and the rooneys.

if it were all about the money with hines he wouldve played out his contract last season and bolted. thanks for the loyalty to the black and gold hines.

melroseplace
03-10-2006, 10:27 PM
no doubt. one of my favorite quotes from him is "I look good in black and gold". damn right you do, Hines! :wink:

Stlrs4Life
03-12-2006, 10:16 AM
He definately would have gotten alot more this year.

tony hipchest
03-12-2006, 10:25 AM
He definately would have gotten alot more this year.

due to this fact, if he were like t.o. he would already be bitching about a deal publicly that he was so happy to sign last year.

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-12-2006, 11:21 AM
ARE should follow his example!! He looks just as good in Black-n-Gold !!!

BB2W
03-12-2006, 01:36 PM
Good point Tony... I never thought about that.

clevestinks
03-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Props to the Rooneys also. They saw the need to cash in on Hines, usually the Steelers seem tight. But its seems its smart more that cheap

noto45
03-12-2006, 04:09 PM
we would had to give Hines the Ohio river to stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OX1947
03-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Steelers have a habit of actually honoring the entire contract when they give them out. So seeing a contract like that for El, doesnt mean he will see all of it. Thats the difference. Hines like Bettis Im sure make alot of money being in Pitt from endorsments. So, in the long run, Hines makes more money probably...