PDA

View Full Version : Don't sleep on the browns

WeegiesWarriors
10-05-2010, 11:26 AM
I'm stuck here in northern ohio and only get to see browns games (except for week 1 I got to see my beloved Steelers). Anyway, these browns aren't to be taken lightly. They do two things pretty good: run the ball and play decent run defense. Now there's no doubt they do have holes in their secondary that will get exploited, and their passing game to their WR's is non-existent; but they are running behind Jeff Thomas and their left side of their line with a hoss of a RB and doing it against everybody. They're only a few plays from being 4-0 right now. If they had any kind of QB this would actually be a scary offensive team.

I just hope there isn't timing issues with Ben and the WR's because you can pass all over them. That's the way to beat them.

Not saying this because I think we'll lose, but I think it might take Ben a game to get back into it. This isn't a gimme game. God I don't want to lose to these wastes of space again.

steelcity1974
10-05-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm not worried about the Steelers overlooking anyone after last season's mess. That's still very fresh in all these guys' minds...not to mention the fact that we just lost a home division game. Tomlin puts an emphasis on all division games...to lose two home division games in a row would be a complete disaster. Statistically, this is not a must win (so those out there that want to come at me with "we could lose and still go 14-2"...yeah no kidding), but the Cleveland game is a must win.

Fire Haley
10-05-2010, 12:51 PM
It's Joe Thomas - not Jeff, I thought you said you watched their games.

I hate Cleveland as much as the next guy, but they are showing signs of life. Hell, if they were in the NFC West they'd probably be winning that division.

Big slow O-line, not much in the way of receivers, but they keep running ball and wait for the other teams to make mistakes.

Come out firing on offense and put them down by 10 pts early and they probable fold when they have to pass - that's my gameplan against them.

steelerchad
10-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Their strengths are our strengths. They can run a little, but we stuff the run. The can play some run D, we are running it pretty decent. Ben is the wildcard and advantage in this game. If he comes out rusty this will be a tight game. This is by no means a gimme. I still like us by 2 scores, but a TO at the wrong time can make this a last possession game.

WeegiesWarriors
10-05-2010, 02:54 PM
It's Joe Thomas - not Jeff, I thought you said you watched their games.

yeah ****nut it is Joe Thomas. I guess that mistake means I couldn't have watched any of their games. I could give a shit what his name is actually.

SteelKnight
10-05-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm excited. No way we lose.

btaylor
10-05-2010, 04:17 PM
don't overlook the brownies.......division games are always harder

Lady Steel
10-05-2010, 05:20 PM
The Steelers will add a game to their win column against the Browns. Our defense will stuff the run and I predict Troy will have at least one interception against the Browns. Ochostinko will be talking smack leading up to the game, of course, but as always, he will play badly against the Steelers. I agree with the poster who said Ben will pass all over them.

NYC_Steeler
10-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Not overlooking them, but certainly not fearing them. They may run the ball well againste OTHER teams, but no one runs the ball against the Steelers. Turner, Johnson, Rice, Blount, and all those we've yet to face - they simply cannot run against this Defense, period. So no, I'm not worried about the Browns. Steelers are out for blood and Big Ben is back - watchout NFL: the Steelers are coming, bigger and better than ever.

steelerohio
10-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Not overlooking the browns but the Steelers will win this one. I predict Ben and Co. will run up the score... a couple of Mendenhall rushing TDS and a couple interceptions...

JEFF4i
10-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Who?

StainlessStill
10-05-2010, 10:41 PM
The Browns are playing solid football and have been in every game this year. They could have easily won some games this season. Hats off to Cleveland for acquiring a savvy vet who knows how to win football games in Delhomme and Seneca Wallace has been solid for them, as well as the emergence of Peyton Hillis..

..but their no devestating threat, nor ever will be. Can they give us a problem? Certainly, but just IMAGINE how this team is going to salivating at the mouth on this one. 2 weeks to prepare, the hyped return of Ben, and the thought of the Browns beating us LAST YEAR on Thursday night will have this team ready to maim.

No way we sleep on the Browns. We will be having DAWG for dinner.:tt04:

steelerchad
10-05-2010, 10:49 PM
The Steelers will add a game to their win column against the Browns. Our defense will stuff the run and I predict Troy will have at least one interception against the Browns. Ochostinko will be talking smack leading up to the game, of course, but as always, he will play badly against the Steelers. I agree with the poster who said Ben will pass all over them.

What? He plays for the Bengals. We don't play them until November.

SH-Rock
10-05-2010, 10:51 PM
We learned this last year. The bottom tier teams really messed the Steelers up. See what happened to Cinci last week. Even with TO getting 200+ yards

JEFF4i
10-05-2010, 10:52 PM
Definitely don't sleep on them. Just have a huge James Heat Jersey in the visitor locker room. :)